Is there an easier way into...

WonderlandisReality

DIS Veteran
1. The Land Pavilion? As the person who pushes the wheelchair for my child I'm dreading this again. Am I missing an easier Wheelchair entrance? I know you start on the ground level and the entrance at the end of that ramp is on the 2nd floor; then we have to go down in the elevator again to the 1st floor. And we can't not go because now they love Living with the Land as much as I do.

2. Animal Kingdom? I've only done this one by going directly from guest services to Flight of Passage (which I don't need to this time) but keeping to the left was not at all easy. Is there a more gradually inclined path?

3. The Peoplemover? I took our lives into our hands standing with them on the escalator ramp and the oldest faceplanted at the end. I never did try her in the chair, which is 100% my fault.

Sadly, no, there aren't any other ways in to the Land Pavilion or the People-mover. Have you thought of getting a power assist for the wheelchair? They are kind of pricey, but may be worth looking into?

1. The Land Pavilion? As the person who pushes the wheelchair for my child I'm dreading this again. Am I missing an easier Wheelchair entrance? I know you start on the ground level and the entrance at the end of that ramp is on the 2nd floor; then we have to go down in the elevator again to the 1st floor. And we can't not go because now they love Living with the Land as much as I do.

2. Animal Kingdom? I've only done this one by going directly from guest services to Flight of Passage (which I don't need to this time) but keeping to the left was not at all easy. Is there a more gradually inclined path?

3. The Peoplemover? I took our lives into our hands standing with them on the escalator ramp and the oldest faceplanted at the end. I never did try her in the chair, which is 100% my fault.
1) No, that is the only way in. Toward the middle left as you face the entrance, there is a marked wheelchair path. The only difference is that it includes a couple of flat stopping/resting places. Unfortunately, it's often full of people walking.

2) I'm not sure which path you are exactly talking about. If it's the path that goes from Guest Relations thru the kind of 'wooded' area leading to the Discovery Island part of the park, you could try the path that goes to the right - not that much different though.
To actually get into Pandora, that Is the best entrance. For the other, you have to go to Africa, past the Lion King show building and onto a bumpy wood path

3) Wheelchairs are not allowed up the speed ramp to get to the Peoplemover. We had to stop going on that with our daughter once she was too big to carry up.

1) No, that is the only way in. Toward the middle left as you face the entrance, there is a marked wheelchair path. The only difference is that it includes a couple of flat stopping/resting places. Unfortunately, it's often full of people walking.

2) I'm not sure which path you are exactly talking about. If it's the path that goes from Guest Relations thru the kind of 'wooded' area leading to the Discovery Island part of the park, you could try the path that goes to the right - not that much different though.
To actually get into Pandora, that Is the best entrance. For the other, you have to go to Africa, past the Lion King show building and onto a bumpy wood path

3) Wheelchairs are not allowed up the speed ramp to get to the Peoplemover. We had to stop going on that with our daughter once she was too big to carry up.
Last time, DH was at Disney World, there was actually a CM at the top and bottom of the wheel chair path at the Land Pavilion and they had it blocked off at all entrances/exits and were only letting those with mobility issues use that path, he said it helped a lot. Hopefully they start doing that more often.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter