Is there an August discount code thread yet??

Hoping for the same for a split stay POFQ and AKL first part of August. Keeping fingers crossed we all get lucky!

Am I the only one holding out? I have faith... It's gonna happen. It's taking so long because it will be so good? COME ON AUGUST DISCOUNT!

I was actually looking at dates for August today, my AP expires Sept. 5 and I'm probably not going to renew it this year. That might be a bad decision if they don't come back with APs again but I don't think I'm going except once in that next year. Right now, unless they come out with a discount, it's looks like Swan for me.

Am I the only one holding out? I have faith... It's gonna happen. It's taking so long because it will be so good? COME ON AUGUST DISCOUNT!
I love your optimism. I hope you’re right.
I check this thread every day just hoping for anything better than rack rate.

If you are planning to go with or without a discount, I would make the room only reservation. It requires 1 nt deposit. Then wait. You can always cancel if the price is not low enough for you.(5 days prior?)
There is a discount that goes till July 7, 5 nights minimum, probably considered a pkg, where deposit maybe higher than only 1nt deposit. Discount for value, 10%,
Right now there is no reason for Disney to lower their prices, the parks are packed. But if that changes,check the rate.

I’m stalking for a discount code too. I think they released them late last year and mostly the discounts and release dates have been similar to last year. For example, the current discount that runs through July 7th was released on January 5th last year and this year. If they keep with past precedent, looks like the late summer discount won’t be released until early May.

I’m stalking for a discount code too. I think they released them late last year and mostly the discounts and release dates have been similar to last year. For example, the current discount that runs through July 7th was released on January 5th last year and this year. If they keep with past precedent, looks like the late summer discount won’t be released until early May.
I just looked- I got a ticket discount (2 extra ticket days) on 2/5/21 for a 8/22/21 check in. I'm really hoping for something similar. Something to take some of the burn out of booking some crazy prices!

Is it wishful thinking to hope that they'll discount club level rooms at the deluxe resorts? Namely Poly, Contemporary and Beach Club? 😁

Is it wishful thinking to hope that they'll discount club level rooms at the deluxe resorts? Namely Poly, Contemporary and Beach Club? 😁
At this point...it is all wishful thinking. Check out the avail. If it is limited the chance it will be avail for a discount is low. I started pricing out renting DVC and realize how slim those reservations are!

Is it possible that with the pending announcement of the opening of Guardians ride at Epcot that they’re waiting to see if that news brings new full price bookings? Then once the initial flurry of bookings subsides, they will see where & when they would need to offer discounts? Just a thought, who knows with Disney..

Anything is possible. They seem to have announced LAST summer that the dining plan would return. DDP symbols appear to be displayed next to menu items. So, it’s a matter of when. No one has that answer. But maybe they are shooting for the late summer /early fall like they’ve done in the past?

I suspect some sort of discount or promo will come out for summer and I’m giving them through May before changing any plans.

If you are planning to go with or without a discount, I would make the room only reservation. It requires 1 nt deposit. Then wait. You can always cancel if the price is not low enough for you.(5 days prior?)
There is a discount that goes till July 7, 5 nights minimum, probably considered a pkg, where deposit maybe higher than only 1nt deposit. Discount for value, 10%,
Right now there is no reason for Disney to lower their prices, the parks are packed. But if that changes,check the rate.

I agree with your thought. I grabbed a RO reservation but the current 5 night offer I believe is for RO. I also agree that parks are packed but I feel like that may subside a bit by August when the heat is really high in Florida, lol. My hubby thinks my son and I are nuts for going in August (and honestly I wanted to go in May) but my son doesn't want to miss school so we have to go when he is still on break. I booked when flights seemed lower (June and July were really high when I was looking, not sure where they stand now). But you are correct, as long as parks are at or near capacity (I heard the reservation system is set up to allow near capacity), they don't have an incentive to lower prices or offer any type of discount. Since they are seemingly doing away with AP, it doesn't make sense to offer an AP discount either. Either way though, our trip is booked, I am just waiting to see if any discounts come out that I can use to either add a day (which I am seriously considering) or just to get my trip a little cheaper (which any thing I would save on a room would only go toward more activities/extras in the parks).

Our situation is that we are going in August, but we currently have 2 trips booked for the same week:
1) A room and ticket package we booked as a free dining bounce back in 2019. We purchased trip insurance as well. Obviously the free dining portion is gone. We haven't taken this trip yet due to covid concerns (originally it was for August 2020), but now that our kids are vaccinated we're going this summer. We kept pushing this trip back a year at a time. I've kept this booking because of the trip insurance and in case free dining is brought back. This is the best deal for us because we have 4 people and stay at the value resorts.
2) A free All Star Music hotel stay paid for with American Airline miles. We would have to purchase park tickets separately.

I haven't purchased our park tickets yet because I'm still hoping free dining will come back, and then we'd keep the first reservation. But I'm aware we most likely will be using the second reservation. I was thinking by the end of May Disney would announce summer discounts? Do you think this is correct? I want to buy the park tickets before the park reservations start to sell out. I've been checking the calendar, and there's still plenty of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter