Is there a way to Walk from DHS to EPCOT?

tink's girls

Mouseketeer
Hello all. I am thinking I read somewhere that there is a way to walk from the Studios to the back gate of Epcot. Is that correct, and if so, is the path hard to find and about how long would it take to walk (adults only, no kids). Thanks!:goodvibes

Hello all. I am thinking I read somewhere that there is a way to walk from the Studios to the back gate of Epcot. Is that correct, and if so, is the path hard to find and about how long would it take to walk (adults only, no kids). Thanks!:goodvibes

Walk out of the Studios and follow the sidewalk along the water to Boardwalk and then over the bridge and down the hill to Epcot.

Thanks for the links -I was about to ask this question too!

If I was trying to combine DHS and Epcot so we could see Osbourne Lights and Illuminations - would you recommend that?

And where should we park?

Also, about how long is the walk from International Gateway to DHS? I will be pushing a heavy double stroller.
Thanks!

Thanks for the links -I was about to ask this question too!

If I was trying to combine DHS and Epcot so we could see Osbourne Lights and Illuminations - would you recommend that?

And where should we park?

Also, about how long is the walk from International Gateway to DHS? I will be pushing a heavy double stroller.
Thanks!

You can also take the boat from Studios to Epcot.

You could walk or take the boat from the front of DHS to the International Gateway at Epcot.With the boat you have to keep in mind that first you might have to wait 5,10,15 minutes for the boat to get there and that the boats are not fast as they also have to make 3 stops at the Swan and Dolphin,Y&B Club and Boardwalk before reaching the International Gateway.Total time from park to park on the boat could be 30 minutes if you get the boat just about to leave to over an hour if you're out of luck and a boat just left.

Walking is not a bad option when the weather is nice,I avoid the walk if it's too hot as the walk is not all that short and the heat will wear you out.On the other thread make sure you follow Robo's map as it even has the shortcut through the Luna park pool and the hallway with the bathrooms and game room,going through there will keep you from walking around the entire walkway and could shave 5 minutes of your walk time.I can walk from park to park in 20 minutes but I walk fast so I would put the walking time from park to park at anywhere between 20 and 35 minutes depending on your pace.

The third option is the bus from the front of both parks,if you get a bus just about to leave this could be the fastest option at probably 15-20 minutes,if you have to wait you could be over 30 minutes as well.If you want to go from DHS to the World Showcase you would probably avoid the bus as it drops you off at the front of the park rather than between the UK and France in the International Gateway.

It takes about 25 minutes to walk from DHS to Epcot. When you leave DHS, go to the opposite side of the water and make a left onto the sidewalk along the water. You'll go to the Boardwalk. Just keep the water on your left as you walk. Epcot is all the way at the end of the water.

Seeing Osborne lights and IllumiNations in one night is easy. The lights start around 6pm and 1 hour is plenty of time. IllumiNations is either 9pm or 9:30 pm (times vary). The lights have an opening ceremony and a lot of oohs and aahs ensue.

The Friendship boat takes you from DHS to Epcot with 3 stops at resorts along the way. It takes about 40 minutes plus the wait time at the dock. After IllumiNations, the boat can take you back to DHS or at least to the furthest resort and you can walk the rest of the way.

Generally, it is better to park at DHS. The boat or walking can get you back. Parking at Epcot is a bad idea. It doubles your walking and if for some reason you get caught on the Boardwalk outside of Epcot when the gates close, you're screwed.

Which one to do first depends on park hours. We hung at Epcot to watch the holiday version of IllumiNations then hightailed it over to DHS to get in before they closed at 10pm!!! Really wanted to see the Osborne lights. Made it in 18 mins...but we were not 'walking'..more of a race walk!! But we made it before they closed.
Normally, it is going to be better to park at DHS, check out the Osborne lights and then walk, or boat, over to Epcot. To find the walkway...exit DHS, stay to the left. Walk past the end of the canal (unless you ae taking the boat, in that case just walk down to the docks at this juncture). Stay on the sidewalk, parking lot to the right, canal to the left. You will get to a downward slope, with signage pointing you to BW. Take this and keep on trekking. It's a very pleasant walk...safe and well lit. I usually cut through the pool area of BW, then across the Village Green and on to Epcot. The walk takes about 20 or so mins, depending on pace. After you watch IllumiNations, you can either boat back to DHS or just walk back. The boat ride is 25 mins...but you do have to add in wait times...and at park closing, the waits can be lengthy.

When I have used the walkway from Hollywood Studios back to the Boardwalk Inn it takes me about 15 minutes, so I would add another 5 minutes for getting to Epcot.

Also once you reach the Boardwalk if you walk through their Luna Park pool area you will save a couple of minutes because this way you don't need to go down the whole walkway.

Which one to do first depends on park hours. We hung at Epcot to watch the holiday version of IllumiNations then hightailed it over to DHS to get in before they closed at 10pm!!!

Illuminations starts at 9:30 beginning the day after Thanksgiving. I don't know how you watched it (15-20 minutes) and then got to DHS by 10 p.m.!

**I don't suggest that others try to cut it that close, so go to the Osborne Lights first, and then to IllumiNations!

Illuminations starts at 9:30 beginning the day after Thanksgiving. I don't know how you watched it (15-20 minutes) and then got to DHS by 10 p.m.!

**I don't suggest that others try to cut it that close, so go to the Osborne Lights first, and then to IllumiNations!
It was years ago..but that was the case. I got there..by huff and by puff. Perhaps DHS was open until 10:30, or perhaps IllumiNations didn't start at 9:30...can't remember. All I remember is that we watched IllumiNations and sped to DHS before they closed.

However, if they are now starting at 9:30, then it's going to be impossible to get to DHS afterwards. So, start at DHS and end at Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter