Is there a way to modify an existing reservation online

cottontail

DIS Veteran
Hi:

Is there a way that I can modify an existing reservation I made on the phone with disney? I want to add three days to my existing reservation. Anyone done this before?

Deb.

I've never added days, but I've changed resorts multiple times online.

If there is availability for what you want, I think you can do it online.

You can add the days, subject to availability. You need to look at the reservation in your MDE account. On the RHS under the confirmation number it should say Change reservation in blue. Click on that to make changes (including date changes). If there is availability it should allow you to do this. If it doesn't say "change reservation" in blue under the confirmation number, then you may have to call to try to ad the dates.

I have always been able to change bookings that I made online, but sometimes have had to call for bookings made over the telephone.

Good luck!

You can add the days, subject to availability. You need to look at the reservation in your MDE account. On the RHS under the confirmation number it should say Change reservation in blue. Click on that to make changes (including date changes). If there is availability it should allow you to do this. If it doesn't say "change reservation" in blue under the confirmation number, then you may have to call to try to ad the dates.

I have always been able to change bookings that I made online, but sometimes have had to call for bookings made over the telephone.

Good luck!
Really? I have not been able to add days or change party size. This is what the website shows me, minus my personal info:

Select 'Change' to search for other available offers

Change
Travel Dates

Call to Change:
(407) 939-1936†
Travel Party

Call to Change:
(407) 939-1936†

Really? I have not been able to add days or change party size. This is what the website shows me, minus my personal info:

Select 'Change' to search for other available offers

Change
Travel Dates

Call to Change:
(407) 939-1936†
Travel Party

Call to Change:
(407) 939-1936†

I think it depends on how it was booked, and sometimes it's just a glitch.

For example - BB FD gives me no option to modify anything. General public FD gives me the option to modify everything.

I was told if you booked a room only reservation you would have to call in. If you booked a package you could modify online.

Again, this is just what I was told by a cast member so don't take it as the gospel truth.

We booked a room only reservation a few weeks ago and I was able to change the room category online tonight.

The room reservations that we usually can't change are bounce back, AP discounts and reservations booked using a travel agent.

If you book a room only reservation, you can (normally) change online, including adding/dropping days IF they are available.

If you book a package, you cannot change online.

One of the advantages of a room only reservation is the much greater ability to tinker with things online without having to call.

If you modify a reservation online, it doesn't cancel your reservation and make you start over, does it? There's no availability at my resort for my dates anymore, so I don't want it to accidentally cancel my reservation.

Honestly, it's hit and miss on if you can change your reservation online. No rhyme or reason to when you can or can't change them.
We make our reservations the same every time
Sometimes change reservation feature works, sometimes it doesn't.
It has nothing to do with any factor I can determine
Sometimes I click "Change" and sometimes I'm taken to a page to start the change and sometimes I'm taken right back to the Reservations and Tickets page
It's all on how MDE feels that day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter