Is there a way to guarantee a bay view balcony at Portofino Bay?

jimmymc

Professional Adventurer!
I've seen mentions of requesting balcony rooms in different threads, but I haven't seen any mentions of booking a balcony room. Is there any way to do this? I would consider booking club level or a suite if it was guaranteed.

I don’t have an answer for you but hope someone can give a first hand experience and help.

I've not been able to find a way to reserve them before check-in either, but we've been pretty lucky to get balcony rooms the last couple of times we stayed a PBR. We normally get there about 7am to check-in and make the request then. They won't have the room available yet, but if there is one that will be available later in the day and your the first to ask for it, we've had good luck in getting them to assign it to us.

out of my last 3 trips. None had balconies.
2 in a CL room and 1 in a bay view room.
I think very little of the bay view rooms have balconies so it may be harder to grab.

out of my last 3 trips. None had balconies.
2 in a CL room and 1 in a bay view room.
I think very little of the bay view rooms have balconies so it may be harder to grab.

They are very rare, only about 10 of the top floor bay view rooms have them.

Did you ask for one? From what I've seen they'll only give you one if you ask.

What others have said, you have to request. They are really hit or miss with upgrades too.

Are you charged extra for a balcony? I thought I read somewhere that balconies are an extra fee.

Does anyone know if Royal Pacific has any rooms with balconies? Or any premier Universal resorts have rooms with balconies?

We have stayed there multiple times and never worried about that.
If we don't have a lake view, we can go out at night, find a table, enjoy the music, have a good drink and love the atmosphere.
We actually prefer the non lake views as we are not in the room that much.

In October I had one night booked using the Amex FHR credit and the other two nights with the AP rate for standard queen. We checked in about 12 and were assigned an upgraded bay view balcony (it was right above the boat dock). We also did not have to change rooms; I would have been willing to change if needed. So for what that is worth that is another path to getting the balcony. My only request had been high floor as I hate ground level.

I asked the front desk a couple weeks ago upon checking out which category to book to ensure a balcony. I was told 50/50 on governors suites and guaranteed in the Presidential suite.
We lucked out a got a balcony bay view 2 Queen earlier this year, no added fee. It was amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter