Is there a trick to the toaster?

Tamar

DIS Veteran
We are at BWV and on our second toaster. It seems to take lots of monkeying to get it to heat up. Is there a trick? Is there a particular sequence of up/down + bagel indicator on/off that will get the elements going the first time? :confused3

It should work like any other toaster. I'd call maintenance and ask for a replacement.

We are at BWV and on our second toaster. It seems to take lots of monkeying to get it to heat up. Is there a trick? Is there a particular sequence of up/down + bagel indicator on/off that will get the elements going the first time? :confused3

We had similar problems at AKV Kidani last month. Dh and I would have to tinker around with it several times before we could get the toaster to heat up. I think they're just lousy toasters and need to be replaced.

We had similar problems at AKV Kidani last month. Dh and I would have to tinker around with it several times before we could get the toaster to heat up. I think they're just lousy toasters and need to be replaced.

Thanks, SamSam. As mentioned, we are on our second toaster. First one didn't seem to work, so got a brand new one (out of the box, unfortunately, so no directions). If this is our biggest complaint, we are in good shape, but you'd think it'd be easier to just buy slightly better toasters once instead of replacing these all the time.

Thanks, SamSam. As mentioned, we are on our second toaster. First one didn't seem to work, so got a brand new one (out of the box, unfortunately, so no directions). If this is our biggest complaint, we are in good shape, but you'd think it'd be easier to just buy slightly better toasters once instead of replacing these all the time.

I agree, we were pretty frustrated as we used the toaster almost every morning and it was a 'process' each morning to get it to work. As a member I wish DVC would check out the quality of appliances as well as the price.

Flame suit is on.

No clue if they are the same product, but our toaster at Aulani 3 weeks ago was great. No complaints. Maybe OP just got a bad batch?

- Dreams

Funny! We had the same issue this summer! We asked for a replacement and it did the same thing - it eventually worked, but frustrating!!

I'll be bringing those toaster sleeves that enclose the food!

Plug it in. ;)

This was me - ha ha! Stayed in a BLT studio a couple of weeks ago. One morning I could not get the toaster to work - the latch just would not stay down. After a few frustrating moments and almost calling about it, I realized I had plugged in the coffee maker instead!! :blush:

I believe I figured out the "trick" (has worked 5 times in a row!). Very slowly and gently press the lever down. And I mean VERY slowly, until it clicks. A careless push down on the lever will not work. Jiggling will not work. Pushing down hard will not work.

Hopefully this will help future toaster-challenged DVCers and save a few toasters from an early retirement. :woohoo::rotfl2::lmao:

I believe I figured out the "trick" (has worked 5 times in a row!). Very slowly and gently press the lever down. And I mean VERY slowly, until it clicks. A careless push down on the lever will not work. Jiggling will not work. Pushing down hard will not work.

Hopefully this will help future toaster-challenged DVCers and save a few toasters from an early retirement. :woohoo::rotfl2::lmao:

LOL, I will try to be more 'gentle' on our next trip.

Funny! We had the same issue this summer! We asked for a replacement and it did the same thing - it eventually worked, but frustrating!!

I'm chuckling to myself reading this thread because we had the same problem at OKW in early October. My mom tried, but no luck. I tried, but no luck. I even reset the outlets b/c I thought that was the problem. Fortunately, my dad is a toaster whisperer. After he solved the riddle, it worked fine for the rest of our trip.

Hopefully this will help future toaster-challenged DVCers and save a few toasters from an early retirement.
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

It's safe to say that it's about the "cheapest" toaster available, so short of being "toaster challenged" you probably did get 2 duds, maybe 3rd times the charm!

Good luck!

and above all, under no circumstance.... No jiggling!

Jiggling will not work :woohoo::rotfl2::lmao:

There's no jiggling in the toaster manual!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter