• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is there a referral gift?

dlrpmart

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

If I recommend someone to buy DVC, is there a gift for me? Also can my friends have a "trial" holiday before deciding to join or not?
Many thanks
Martin

Martin, I don't think this is available to non USA residents AFAIK

Cyrano is right referal gifts can only be given to US residents, suspect it is something to do with legal reasons why we cannot get gifts.

Claire ;)

And for that reason, dont refer anyone, pretty sure Disney could find a way round this if they really wanted to, even if if was a "gift" in kind i.e a credit on your room bill of $200 or even done as a discount on your dues, then no actual gift would be passed over outside of Florida.

qiote agree, although we love our DVC membeship as we cannot receive any incentive for recommending we would not do this again. They say it is our government that prevents us receiving this but cannot find out why and what rule they go by.

Thanks for the info. It's very strange as Marriott can reward me if I refer someone.

Personally I dont believe it, if the "gift" i.e $200 was given to you on your next visit to florida then surley it would have absoloutly nothing to do at all with any UK law given that you are not in the UK and the laws of where you are are what you are expected to abide with. Do somthing wrong in Florida, pretty sure you wouldnt be tried for it in the UK.

Also the YOMD competition is open to us Brits so what would be the difference?
It annoys me that we can't get the Disney Visa card either :confused3 :confused:

I too feel it is out of order that we do not receive the gifts and told Disney so on many occasions including information about Castaway Club etc.

Have also tried to get the Visa card with all its many benefits and of course we cannot get this. I don't know why - we all have Visa cards here and cannot see the problem.

Perhaps we should also write in again and ask. Strength in numbers.
Bren

Have also tried to get the Visa card with all its many benefits and of course we cannot get this. I don't know why - we all have Visa cards here and cannot see the problem.

I'm sure I read on this forum that Disney have advised that they are searching for a suitable UK credit card partner but haven't been able to find one yet. If that is true then I can only assume that Disney are not offering the UK's companies a good enough financial benefit to take this on. From a marketing perspective, I would have thought the UK companies would have jumped at the chance, just think of the potential customers. :confused3 I'm no expert on financial matters though so who knows what's going on.

I was told his also that they were looking to let us have Disney cards. Am certain that one of the credit card companies here would take this on. Perhaps I will just drop Disney Vacation Club a letter and ask what the progress is.

Would be good to have a bit of benefit for our Disney holidays.
Bren

Since becoming DVC members in October 2006, we have recommended at least 6 people who have taken up membership. If I thought about it too much I'd get upset, so I don't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter