is there a problem with the boards

paults

HOME IS WHERE BWV IS
I'm takeing no chances and posting here because it took me forever to just get on the forums.
Mods you can move this where it needs to be.

Are the boards slow again. I even have a new computer which works fine on all other sites but the DISBOARDS. :confused

I hope this gets through, I'm not posting much anymore because it takes forever for a thread to load.

it took me 3 mins to post the above post.

hope this goes quicker

Ohhh and i got a double post to boot! That hasn't happened to me since....can-o-corn days.

For me, it's painfully slow and has been for at least a week, with it getting worse. Not sure what's going on except perhaps everyone is home for spring break and on the Dis!

Disboards just about always loads very slowly for me. Sometimes I'll check other sites to see if it's my computer, but it's always Disboards.

It has been extremely slow for me for a while on and off. Mostly slow. It is only the disboards. I just end up leaving the board - it takes so long even to log out that I just x out sometimes.

My understanding is that the current servers just can't handle the high traffic. Those that control such things are looking at alternatives, but nothing has been finalized.

My understanding is that the current servers just can't handle the high traffic. Those that control such things are looking at alternatives, but nothing has been finalized.

It's actually been a bit better in the past few hours. But then again it could just be the placebo effect. Maybe if we put fewer dancing bananas in our posts the servers will be less taxed...

Agree with everyone that the boards have been terribly slow. They seem to be better right now, but that's been by far the exception than the rule.

The DIS is moving to a new server farm and if everything goes as planned we should see some speed improvement within 30 days.

No one anticipated the boards popularity when it was started and IMO they do a pretty good job of keeping the thing running especially when we don't pay for the privilege to post here.

Thank you Pete, Corey, Alex, Webmaster Doc, Mods and Staff for providing us a place to share our love of Disney. :thumbsup2

:earsboy: Bill

Well, that will be approx. the tenth server since I've been on board.....and
don't get alll mushy about the service they provide. With all the ads, sponsors, travel agents, etc. Mr Werner has to be enjoying an above average income:cutie:

The boards seem to be moving much faster tonight.

Not that it has anything to do with how much or little Pete makes for an income.

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem but I keep getting an error when I try using the URL http://www.wdwinfo.com/chat.htm it wouldn't let me into the main page for the boards. The only way I could find them was by bringing them up via another page on the site.

Right now I am getting a big blue screen with all sorts of broken links. If I scroll waaaaaay to the bottom I get the forum...but things are pretty strange looking.

There are alot of things x'ed out now. You can not see avitars either. Does no good to use the emoticons. Anyone else notice this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter