• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is there a good transportation app?

I've never heard of one other than a normal phone gps. So assuming there is not, google:

disney world road maps

And take a look. Once you understand where everything is, the road signs should get you where you want to go. They do a pretty good job telling you where to go.

I've never heard of one other than a normal phone gps. So assuming there is not, google:

disney world road maps

And take a look. Once you understand where everything is, the road signs should get you where you want to go. They do a pretty good job telling you where to go.

Thanks but I'm not asking about the road maps as we won't have a car. I mean is there an app for helping with Disney provided transportation: buses, ferries, monorail, walking, etc....the best way to get from a resort to a park or from a resort to another resort.

Thanks but I'm not asking about the road maps as we won't have a car. I mean is there an app for helping with Disney provided transportation: buses, ferries, monorail, walking, etc....the best way to get from a resort to a park or from a resort to another resort.

I see. I definitely have never heard of an app like that.

I don't think there's an app, but a good thing to remember that there are no resort-to-resort buses. All of the parks plus DTD run buses to and from each resort. If you are staying at Beach Club and want to get to Port Orleans Riverside, you would need to transfer to a POR bus at any park. There's certain ways to do this that are more efficient than others but any way you do it, you can catch a bus to POR from any park.

The Our Laughing Place site is known for errors. Those in the know here on the Transportation board stopped recommending its use years ago. They do have an app I understand, but I wouldn't trust it. You may end up going way out of your way or looking for transportation options that don't actually exist.

I'll add on to the Park to Resort rule of thumb.

This information sometimes slips through the cracks somehow, but there is direct Park-to-Park transportation between all four theme parks. Epcot to MK is a minor exception, as you have to change monorail trains at the TTC. But otherwise there are buses that run gate to gate (as close to the gate as possible anyway). And a boat between the back-of-Epcot and DHS.

The Our Laughing Place site is known for errors. Those in the know here on the Transportation board stopped recommending its use years ago. They do have an app I understand, but I wouldn't trust it. You may end up going way out of your way or looking for transportation options that don't actually exist.

Does anyone know if it has gotten any better over the years? Or is there a similar tool/site that is more reliable?

OLP isn't the most reliable info. I try to head there every so often and plug in various destinations. I've gotten some pretty interesting info!!! For those unfamiliar with WDW transportation, it isn't a terrific site.
I will have to head over there and check it out soon.

OLP isn't the most reliable info. I try to head there every so often and plug in various destinations. I've gotten some pretty interesting info!!! For those unfamiliar with WDW transportation, it isn't a terrific site.
I will have to head over there and check it out soon.
Just did again today after seeing this thread and hadn't looked at it for awhile. It's still pretty hit and miss. If you are an old hand at getting around you'd know when to ignore its plans but it at times it could really mislead new visitors and the less experienced. Still wouldn't recommend it for those folks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter