Is there a facebook group for Australian disboard members?

I am also part of the Facebook group and like Travel Mum have travelled from NZ over to Aus just to meet my friends. It was a group that formed at a particular point and time. We have been together for well over a year,and are a close knit group of friends now :goodvibes

Note though that my first special Aussie meet was actually with Minnie Mum, PIO, Zanzibar and Fairyfloss from the Disboards

I really don't think it's necessary to dwell on Liz from Oz's comment.
1. She has apologised.
2. It has largely been taken out of context. She asked to join a friendship group. For whatever reason she wasn't accepted. She was left feeling like the situation seemed a bit mean. Put in a similar situation (both in the 3D or 2D world), I might have felt the same way.

It's wonderful that the Facebook group has worked for so many. The friendships you have formed sound great.

I agree that it's easy to be scared away from the Dis because of threads that become nasty. Let's not let this become one of them.

Have a lovely day everyone. :)

Liz - I would've been the person you contacted about the FB group. I was the one who started the group and who initially did the accepting or non accepting of people into the group. It was usually a decision based on regular participation and friends on the Dis.

To be honest, your name doesn't really ring a bell with me, and your post count is very low in comparison to the regulars so perhaps that was a consideration when decisions were being made.

I do not recollect seeing a request from you to join the group but do apologise to you if I did not reply. It was a busy time and lots ot organise and I must have missed you.

Please be annoyed with me, not the group as a whole. I would never have meant to hurt your feelings.

Marvel - you know why you were asked to leave the group. You never ever participated or commented. It clearly wasn't a group you wanted to be a part of so it seems weird that you sound a little bitter.

As for strict posting rules, the rules are that you have to participate on a semi regular basis due to the personal nature of what people are sharing on a daily basis. That doesn't sound overly strict to me.

1. She has apologised.
2. It has largely been taken out of context. She asked to join a friendship group. For whatever reason she wasn't accepted. She was left feeling like the situation seemed a bit mean. Put in a similar situation (both in the 3D or 2D world), I might have felt the same way.

It's wonderful that the Facebook group has worked for so many. The friendships you have formed sound great.

I agree that it's easy to be scared away from the Dis because of threads that become nasty. Let's not let this become one of them.

I agree with wanderlust, I was not accepted into the facebook group and I understand the reasons, I am happy that they have formed great friendships with one another. If others want to form facebook groups then I say, go ahead, if you are not happy with the restrictions other groups have set then dont have them on your group:)

But Please lets not make it a them - us situation. I really love coming on here and feel that everyone is friendly and gets on well.

Have a magical day everyone:wave2:

But Please lets not make it a them - us situation. I really love coming on here and feel that everyone is friendly and gets on well.

Have a magical day everyone:wave2:

Yes, I agree, lets keep it friendly and happy on here (not that I am here much at all anymore with sadly no WDW trips to plan :sad2:). We had previously made a conscious decision to never mention our FB friendship group on here for the exact reason of not wanting anyone else to feel left out however, once Marvel made those comments, I hope you can understand that we had to stand up for ourselves.

Liz - I would've been the person you contacted about the FB group. I was the one who started the group and who initially did the accepting or non accepting of people into the group. It was usually a decision based on regular participation and friends on the Dis. To be honest, your name doesn't really ring a bell with me, and your post count is very low in comparison to the regulars so perhaps that was a consideration when decisions were being made. I do not recollect seeing a request from you to join the group but do apologise to you if I did not reply. It was a busy time and lots ot organise and I must have missed you. Please be annoyed with me, not the group as a whole. I would never have meant to hurt your feelings. Marvel - you know why you were asked to leave the group. You never ever participated or commented. It clearly wasn't a group you wanted to be a part of so it seems weird that you sound a little bitter. As for strict posting rules, the rules are that you have to participate on a semi regular basis due to the personal nature of what people are sharing on a daily basis. That doesn't sound overly strict to me.

Shuttergirl, There is really no need for an apology, but I appreciate the time you've taken to do so.
It was not my intention to start this unpleasantness, I was just stating my point of view. There are certainly no hard feelings on my part, in fact I admire you all for having a great group of supportive friends.

I hope we can all continue to enjoy our Dis time together, have a lovely day,

Liz

Just thought I'd throw this out there for other Aussies looking for a group of like minded Disney fans to chat to locally.

I've been part of a Sydney based Disney club since 2006( Downunder Disneyana) who meet up every couple of months and have a forum where we all chat- which is best for me as I'm in another state. They have a great family atmosphere both on and offline and all newcomers are welcomed. The wealth of info and Disney experience is huge and there is almost always someone in the group on a trip. The group also organise club trips and many of us have traveled together since meeting and becoming friends. We discuss Disney and non-Disney stuff. I agree with the poster who mentioned that many of us get our trip info from multiple sources, so if you're interested in connecting with other Aussie Disney fans, check it out. :)

1. She has apologised.

That was really well said :thumbsup2

Don't start a FB group, the layout of The Dis is so much more appealing, and it's so much easier to find previous posts.

I miss the general chit chat that used to happen here, and I'm all for another random thread being started to contain it all, let's do that instead :flower3:

Don't start a FB group, the layout of The Dis is so much more appealing, and it's so much easier to find previous posts.

I miss the general chit chat that used to happen here, and I'm all for another random thread being started to contain it all, let's do that instead :flower3:
:thumbsup2 sounds good!

I used to be fairly active here, then went MIA in 2011, when we started building our house, made a brief appearance in 2012 when another trip to WDW was being planned, unfortunately at the time besides all the joys of building my dad was also very unwell and after 5 months in hospital lost his battle, I just found it hard to get on here, however life settled down, kids finished schools, house finished and another trip was planned, it's nice to know that we can come and go visit the dis when we can and that there is always someone here to provide advice, share your excitement and have a laugh.
I love the dis:grouphug:

I agree with Bec, I miss the general chit chat on here! I come and look occasionally now but the Dis did get quiet. I was originally asked to join the Facebook group on here but for some reason I want able to be invited so it never came to be. I don't let it bother me. I haven't been on here for ages due to heath etc, but I am looking to start planning again and I hope to use this forum again!

I agree with Bec, I miss the general chit chat on here! I come and look occasionally now but the Dis did get quiet. I was originally asked to join the Facebook group on here but for some reason I want able to be invited so it never came to be. I don't let it bother me. I haven't been on here for ages due to heath etc, but I am looking to start planning again and I hope to use this forum again!

I see by your ticker that you are sailing in sept the Bahamas.....what date?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter