Is there a Disney Backpack type leash?

Ellen.and.Joey

Earning My Ears
We are taking my son for his first trip to Disney in Florida and I haven't been for 20 years or more. Joey has Down Syndrome and is a really good boy and minds most of the time. I just worry about him being excited and seeing something and getting lose from one of us. Three adults to one 5 year old!! think the odds are good?

Do you know, can I find a Disney backpack leash at Disney and if so, where? I have a monkey to use but wanted to get him a Mickey or Goofy. We are planning on getting a stroller too, but I want him to be able to walk around too. I am planning marking in clothes, taking picture each day. He is my life and I can't stand the thought of him being without one of us, since he is non-verbal.

Anyhelp is greatly appreciated. We go on July!

I bought the Mickey harness from Toys R' Us last year for DS. I was worried about DS running off or getting lost. It is very cute. DS hated it, though. Wore it for one minute the first day and then decided that it was better to hold hands than wear it anymore, so that's what we did. I carried it around for a few days in the backpack - just in case - but he was very good and we didn't end up needing it. I returned it when we got back home. If you think your child will wear it, I would recommend it. It was well made and so darling! Fits right in down in Disney!

I noticed that you are new to these boards. You might want to take a look at the disabilities boards as well. You can get a lot of advice there about how to make your trip enjoyable for your group when there is special circumstances involved. Have a wonderful time. I'm sure you will enjoy seeing your little one's reactions.

they have them at kohls.com for buy 1 get 1 half off
http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/onl...417/Mickey+Mouse+2in1+Plush+Harness+Buddy.jsp

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/onl.../Winnie+the+Pooh+2in1+Plush+Harness+Buddy.jsp

We are taking my son for his first trip to Disney in Florida and I haven't been for 20 years or more. Joey has Down Syndrome and is a really good boy and minds most of the time. I just worry about him being excited and seeing something and getting lose from one of us. Three adults to one 5 year old!! think the odds are good?

Do you know, can I find a Disney backpack leash at Disney and if so, where? I have a monkey to use but wanted to get him a Mickey or Goofy. We are planning on getting a stroller too, but I want him to be able to walk around too. I am planning marking in clothes, taking picture each day. He is my life and I can't stand the thought of him being without one of us, since he is non-verbal.

Anyhelp is greatly appreciated. We go on July!

^^^ Found this one on Ebay. It's adorable! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220597673150&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

If they remove the above link (as sometimes mods do), simply do an Ebay search for "Mickey Mouse 2 in 1 harness buddy." It should come up. Have a great time at WDW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter