Is there a big different between the 5pm and 6:45 Candlelight processional viewing?

kniquy

DIS Veteran
I was just reading in another thread about the candlelight processional being more impressive at the later 8:15 show. We have 5 yo with us so we are trying to choose between the 5pm and 6:45 show. It sounds like the darker the better. I looked up sunset times and it seems the week i will be there (week after thanksgiving) the sun sets at 5:28-- so by the second show it should be dark and I should probably pick the 6:45 show. Any thoughts/experience?

I would go with the 6:45 show. My children were about the same age as yours and we chose that time. It worked out well but we still waited almost an hour to get in even with the dining package. During the time we were lined up we could hear the earlier show from where we were standing in line.

Either showing is fine personally. I don't like the last showing because it can be a mad dash to find a spot for Illuminations. I prefer the 6:45 showing, but have enjoyed the 5:00 showing as well. I think it would be more of a factor of when you would prefer to eat personally.

I have done it twice. Both times at 6:45 with the dining package. It was dark and it was wonderful. Gives you time to find a spot for Illuminations or if you are not interested in that, there are probably less crowds leaving the park around the time the 6:45 one gets out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter