IS THE SWAN HOTEL NURSES DISCOUNT JUST FOR RN's

ellieb

STVS video has made me feel like a movie star
IS THE SWAN HOTEL NURSES DISCOUNT JUST FOR RN's or can my friend that is a LPN get the same nurses rate???

Thanks for any info you all can help me with:tongue:

Their 800# is listed on their website - just call and ask. Remember she WILL have to show her LPN license upon check in to get the discount. Good Luck.

I was told once that "licensed nurses" qualified. I would think that LPN's and LVN's would qualify (especially since they do much of the same high-stress-understaffed-underappreciated stuff that we RN's do!)

Sorry, but what is this Nurse's Discount that you're referring to? Is there a link to it? We're in the middle of planning our first trip to WDW and since my wife is a nurse, we'd be very interested in saving money whenever possible. Thanks!

I am an LPN and used it last year (during Food and Wine) for the discount at the Swan.
Unfortunately, this year there were no nursing discounts available for my upcoming Nov. 5th trip, so I'm trying Coronado Springs, because it is a great rate and close to Epcot.
We did love the Swan - it was a nice change for us and it added a little variety to the usual Disney vacation. We were a group of adults and all really enjoyed the atmosphere at the Swan. Quite quiet, very relaxing, and a great location. They did not ask for my license, but, I presented it anyway at the time of check-in.

Nurses discount -

Hi lap3
The nurse discount, along with teachers, gov't employee and some other discounts, is available at the Swan And Dolphin hotels in the Epcot resort area. We were at the Swan this past August with the teacher discount ($176 all inclusive for standard rm.), and had a great stay. Great hotel, great location, great staff, great being in the middle of the Disney magic.

From what I've read here, the discounts are not out yet for next year. Might be good idea to call hotel directly. Have a fantastic first trip to the World!!

Bob

redfieldmjr- Thanks for the info, I'm so glad to hear that. I will let my friend know. She really doesnt want to spend the money to stay at the YC where we will be staying but does want to be in the area so we can get together easy.
This would be a great location for her as well as a great discount.
I'm happy that hotels do this type of thing for teachers and nurses. They are such very hard workers and are sooooo underpaid so this little thought is great!

discount last November and were just told that some sort of state issued license needed to be shown for proof for both teachers and nurses. I know they had cracked down on school employees other than teachers (administrative staff, bus drivers, etc.) from using the discount as well as nursing assitants. etc. I would just call to make 100% sure.

Please be sure to thank all with the Swan and Dolphin for this discount as it is greatly appreciated by all that have used it. We made sure to do this and even sent a thank you letter to the general manager when we got home. There has been the rumor that they may get rid of the discount but I sure hope not!

Originally posted by finnie48
Nurses discount -

Hi lap3
The nurse discount, along with teachers, gov't employee and some other discounts, is available at the Swan And Dolphin hotels in the Epcot resort area. We were at the Swan this past August with the teacher discount ($176 all inclusive for standard rm.), and had a great stay. Great hotel, great location, great staff, great being in the middle of the Disney magic.

From what I've read here, the discounts are not out yet for next year. Might be good idea to call hotel directly. Have a fantastic first trip to the World!!

Bob

Thanks for the info, Bob. I've heard of gov't employees and military discounts but never one for teachers or nurses. I'll have to ask my wife and see if her hospital has some kind of in-house travel agency. Maybe that'll help me save some money. BTW, thanks for the well wishes. We have some time before our first trip. The planning part can be fun but also a headache! I'm sure it'll be worth it in the end....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter