• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is the safari open at AK during an 8:00 am morning EMH ?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
I thought I read some where that it was not open. We had planned on riding it after the Navi ride but if it is not open we will make a different plan.

The time Safari opens can vary by the date.

You can check HERE for the date you will be at DAK.
Thank you. It opens at 9:00 am so I guess will get FP for it later because we planned to go to Caring for the Giants tour at 9:30.

Boy if it were me I would schedule the Caring for Giants tour later during the day when crowds have built up and not miss that precious time when the lines are shorter. Great tour by the way. We loved it!
I was thinking about that but everyone says the earlier the better because the elephants are more active.

Reactions: msk
We rode twice prior to 9 am on an 8am EMH opening. The bummer was waiting 15 for anything to open for breakfast with protein.

But, that's not always possible.
It depends on the date(s) you are there.
We plan to ride Navi first, then go to Dinosaur and Everest. Do you think we should go to Everest first after Navi?

My date (May 9) says 9-9 but then has EMH 8-9 beneath it. I'm uncertain how to interpret that. Do they mean it will also be open during the EMH as well? Seems unnecessary to mention it with operating hours if not.

My date (May 9) says 9-9 but then has EMH 8-9 beneath it. I'm uncertain how to interpret that. Do they mean it will also be open during the EMH as well? Seems unnecessary to mention it with operating hours if not.
It means it opens at 9:00 I think.That is what our date states also. Now I'm confused.

We joined the line just after 8am on an emh morn-
It was around 8.20-8.25am when we finally departed on our journey.
Not doing that again!

We joined the line just after 8am on an emh morn-
It was around 8.20-8.25am when we finally departed on our journey.
Not doing that again!
You mean they held you at the entrance until 8:20-8:25:scared1: or the crowds of people held you up as you were entering?

Thank you for this info! It didn't occur to me that it wouldn't be open for EMH. Now we can use that time for something else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter