• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is the PeopleMover open?

hotdogsatdisney

Earning My Ears
Hi there!

I have a Magic Kingdom reservation on 07/22/20, and am curious if anyone knows the current status of the PeopleMover? I've heard reports that it's closed, but was wondering if someone could offer insight as to whether it will be opening up again soon? It's my favorite ride and I'm excited to get back on it..

Thanks for any help! :)

Last edited:
Hi there!

I have a Magic Kingdom reservation on 07/22/20, and am curious if anyone knows the current status of the PeopleMover? I've heard reports that it's closed, but was wondering if someone could offer insight as to whether it will be opening up again soon? It's my favorite ride and I'm excited to get back on it..

Thanks for any help! :)
It is closed.

I think that I read someplace that they were fixing some problems, but that is just rumor I don't know for sure. It sure would be easy enough to maintain the distances with them.

When I look at the Wait times over on Touring Plans I see wait times listed. They note when a ride is "offline" and which ones are not operating. People Mover has been listed as operational since July 11.

I wonder why they list it operational when it's closed.

Cory Meets World speculated on his live stream the other day that they might have difficulty cleaning the vehicles since the ride moves constantly. Typically they stop the ride, clean the vehicles/trains, and then allow them to dry for one ride cycle. Obviously that wouldn't work with the rides that move nonstop. Now HM and Ariel are similar, so maybe they can figure it out?

Cory Meets World speculated on his live stream the other day that they might have difficulty cleaning the vehicles since the ride moves constantly. Typically they stop the ride, clean the vehicles/trains, and then allow them to dry for one ride cycle. Obviously that wouldn't work with the rides that move nonstop. Now HM and Ariel are similar, so maybe they can figure it out?

I don’t think they are cleaning all ride vehicles between parties. I didn’t see it happening on It’s a Small World, Pooh, Jungle Cruise, Everest, or 7DMT. I did see some cleaning in BTMR and Dinosaur.

I don’t think they are cleaning all ride vehicles between parties. I didn’t see it happening on It’s a Small World, Pooh, Jungle Cruise, Everest, or 7DMT. I did see some cleaning in BTMR and Dinosaur.
No, definitely not after each party. It's periodically, but it still seems difficult to do when the ride runs constantly.

This is not the problem. It's operational and one that it was having before the closure

I could be mistaken, but I believe I had read they are cleaning ride vehicles once every two hours? That may have been Universal. Either way, its not occurring after every party so whatever cleaning they are doing could be applied to the continuously loading rides as well. They'd just need to stop the line for a bit.

It is still closed... Cast members won't say if it will open or not. I am guessing that it is one of the attractions that would be hard to keep clean and keep the attraction moving at a steady pace with the social distancing.

It is still closed... Cast members won't say if it will open or not. I am guessing that it is one of the attractions that would be hard to keep clean and keep the attraction moving at a steady pace with the social distancing.

That makes sense for sure. I can't imagine the amount of cleaning solution they are going through too.

I can't see how this would be any different than Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan or any other continuously moving ride. Sure the cars are bigger, but no worse than Dumbo or Aladdin. I think it is a maintenance issue. Pretty sad though. This is the one ride we did not get to do at MK on our trip last weekend.

I so hope the People Movers are up and running for my next visit !

I could ride them and the Rail Road for hours !

I need to hear " Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr Tom Morrow"

For an old conductor like me there's not better place to ride the rails than the Magic Kingdom.

I still have yet to ride the MK RR. It has been shut down for most of our recent trips and it just never made it to the agenda before that. I am really excited to take a trip on it as soon as it opens. My entire family also looks forward to the Peoplemover. I can't wait to ride that one again as well.

I hope PeopleMover is back in action by Christmas (surely it will be). It's one of my favorites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter