Is the Magic Key offer the only World of Color Dining option?

Tennor

Mouseketeer
The dessert party seems too expensive for too little. I'd love to see about a dining package.

With the dessert party you're really paying for the ability to sit down and guarantee good viewing; the food and beverage items are fine, but nowhere worth the cost of the package.

With the dining packages, you don't have to deal with VQ or standby, but will still be standing for the actual show and may or may have a good view. They don't cost anything other than the price of the meal, so in that sense you get your money's worth, but the WoC viewing advantage isn't huge.

The dessert party seems too expensive for too little. I'd love to see about a dining package.
The desert party gives you a great SEATED view with zero waiting if you choose. That's what the money is for, not the food.

The dining package will have you standing for an hour in a crowd of people. After you're exhausted from a day of walking and standing in the park. You won't have as great of a view as there will be people in front of you. Unless you spend another hour standing in line to be one of the first to get in and get a spot in the front.

We did the dining package with small kids the last time we were at WOC. They couldn't see much - we had to put them on our shoulders for a few minutes at a time. They were all really tired and just wanted to leave. We're doing the desert party this time. It will be well worth it to sit and actually see the show. Plus they'll get a little sugar in them to enjoy the show.

Last edited:
Yes, what you actually get at the dessert party taken at face value is hard to justify, but you really need to experience both options to really understand.

Here is how I would determine whether you should do dessert party:

1) Budget conscious? If budget is your main concern, do the virtual queue.
2) Feet start hurting after day at park? Do the dessert party.
3) Don't want to wait in lines? Do the dessert party, although you can wait in line if you want best possible choice of seats. The full meal option is also available to help reduce the wait in line, but not get rid of it if you want best location.
4) Kids. If you have really small kids, it may help to do the dessert party, since they can't see when standing. Full meal option really doesn't help with kids one way or another, except that it may slightly less crowded.
5) Best possible view. You will need to camp out and rush to the best possible location, even with full meal option. Note that the best views has a high chance of getting wet. The dessert party is not best possible view, but it is a guaranteed good view.

Personally, I would not do it without the dessert party, but I only come to Disneyland 1-2 times a year.

To me, the dessert party is 100% worth it. Seats, great views, yummy desserts (the drinks are not ok lol) and not waiting an hour or more ahead. It really just depends on your budget.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter