Is the Halloween Soiree worth it? Any experiences from 2021?

dolewhipdreams

Counting days until my next Dole Whip
Hi everyone. I've done a search on this forum for information about Halloween but I'm still a little unsure of exactly what is included in the Halloween Soiree that is NOT available during regular park hours during the Halloween season. It appears that maybe only a few rare characters and a show or two is all that is exclusive? Can anyone confirm?

That being said, did anyone attend in 2021 who could give some personal opinions on if they thought it was worth it? I saw a few reports from 2019 but I'm curious how things might be with new/current restrictions.

Long story short - we will be at DLP earlier that week and will have time to experience the regular park hours Halloween offerings, but by Halloween day we will be staying in Paris. I'm trying to determine if it's worth the effort of getting out to DLP and back to Paris for the night to experience the special party or if we will be able to get almost the full Halloween experience without it.

I was there in 2018, and I didn't think it was worth it, as it was so incredibly busy. At one point, I just gave up on doing things and seeing rare characters. I sat myself down for the castle stage show and watched it two times in a row. There were plenty of shows and interesting characters during the day to satisfy me.

I would hope that in October 2022 the restrictions are gone or mostly gone.

I was there in 2018, and I didn't think it was worth it, as it was so incredibly busy. At one point, I just gave up on doing things and seeing rare characters. I sat myself down for the castle stage show and watched it two times in a row. There were plenty of shows and interesting characters during the day to satisfy me.

I would hope that in October 2022 the restrictions are gone or mostly gone.
Okay so most of what you can see during the party is the same as what's normally there during the day except for a few characters? Anything else that is specific to the party?

Not entirely. The castle stage show had 2 versions, one during the day, one during the party. The night version was a bit more elaborate with extra dancers and some effects, but in the end the set up was the same: A bunch of villains come together because one has summoned them (during the day Maleficent, at night Dr. Facilier, if I remember correctly), and then they sing and dance their villain songs. They are both enjoyable.
There have been years where during the day show, they had 2 versions already, where the hosts alternates and the group of villains are a bit different.

There is usually a parade as well, where all the normal characters are replaced by the villains. Two things you need to know about this:
- The floats used are daytime parade floats so they do not have a lot of additional lighting for a night time version. The characters on the floats do have a spotlight on them, but there are a lot of shadows. I love a good parade and parades are always a big part of my trips. However, I am not a big fan of nighttime parades because you miss all the details in floats and costumes.
- In comparison to US Disney parties, the dancers between the floats are characters dressed up for Halloween in fun-scary, at DLP the dancers between floats are monsters, ghouls, ghosts etc. with a more scary-scary. I don't mind either, but just something to be aware of.

The only true special character during the party was Edgar from the Aristocats. Mickey & Minnie dressed up in their costumes were also during the day.

There is usually a scare zone with actors in the grottos.

I would look back on the facebook pages of ED92 and Pixiedust.be and look at what there was in previous years, they usually have plenty of pictures and the program.

Not entirely. The castle stage show had 2 versions, one during the day, one during the party. The night version was a bit more elaborate with extra dancers and some effects, but in the end the set up was the same: A bunch of villains come together because one has summoned them (during the day Maleficent, at night Dr. Facilier, if I remember correctly), and then they sing and dance their villain songs. They are both enjoyable.
There have been years where during the day show, they had 2 versions already, where the hosts alternates and the group of villains are a bit different.

There is usually a parade as well, where all the normal characters are replaced by the villains. Two things you need to know about this:
- The floats used are daytime parade floats so they do not have a lot of additional lighting for a night time version. The characters on the floats do have a spotlight on them, but there are a lot of shadows. I love a good parade and parades are always a big part of my trips. However, I am not a big fan of nighttime parades because you miss all the details in floats and costumes.
- In comparison to US Disney parties, the dancers between the floats are characters dressed up for Halloween in fun-scary, at DLP the dancers between floats are monsters, ghouls, ghosts etc. with a more scary-scary. I don't mind either, but just something to be aware of.

The only true special character during the party was Edgar from the Aristocats. Mickey & Minnie dressed up in their costumes were also during the day.

There is usually a scare zone with actors in the grottos.

I would look back on the facebook pages of ED92 and Pixiedust.be and look at what there was in previous years, they usually have plenty of pictures and the program.
Thank you that is so helpful. I didn't even thinking up the facebook pages!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter