Is the Halloween party worth it?

A compromise is to trick or treat after the fireworks, at places you are already walking by on your way somewhere else. There usually aren’t any lines at that point, unlike the first few hours. That way you still get the experience and a decent amount of candy but you don’t spend an hour or more walking to out of the way stations and waiting in line. By the way...adults can trick or treat too!

If any of you are interested in character meets, plan carefully. Theres no way to meet them all. If you’re wanting to meet any of the few characters that come out before 7, you need to be in line by 4. That should have you done before 7, to get near the front of a line for a character that comes out at 7. After that, lines are typically insane until after the fireworks. Between 7 and fireworks is a good time to see all of the entertainment. Don’t miss the Haunted Mansion entertainment...it’s quite funny.

It will feel more worth it if you make a (flexible) plan of what you want to see/do. Far more tickets are sold since the hub expanded, and without some goals its quite easy to get very little done.

We went two years ago and enjoyed it but wouldn't do it again. Some of the unique events, like character meet and greets, had RIDICULOUSLY long lines--I'm not paying hundreds of dollars to wait in line 2+ hours to meet Jack Skellington. Didn't do trick or treating either except a handful of spots during one of the parades that had no wait--again, not paying hundreds of dollars to stand in line to get Halloween candy. That said, the show was awesome and the parade (what we could see of it--super crowded) was fun. And most of the rides were walk-on for much of the night. We also dressed up for the event, which was fun. I'm glad we did it, but no great desire to go again. I did think it was more fun than the Christmas party though.

We went two years ago and enjoyed it but wouldn't do it again. Some of the unique events, like character meet and greets, had RIDICULOUSLY long lines--I'm not paying hundreds of dollars to wait in line 2+ hours to meet Jack Skellington. Didn't do trick or treating either except a handful of spots during one of the parades that had no wait--again, not paying hundreds of dollars to stand in line to get Halloween candy. That said, the show was awesome and the parade (what we could see of it--super crowded) was fun. And most of the rides were walk-on for much of the night. We also dressed up for the event, which was fun. I'm glad we did it, but no great desire to go again. I did think it was more fun than the Christmas party though.

What date did you go

I am excited for our first MNSSHP. We've not done the Christmas party either. There are two characters daughter (13) wants to meet. Not normally parade people, we want to see this parade - other than that - we're riding rides and taking what comes.

For those that do trick or treating and do not have a stroller, what do you do with your bags of candy when you are on rides?

We are planning to go for the first time this September if weather is OK. I definitely consider it a splurge. We will do some trick or treating if lines aren't bad. I've watched a couple vlogs recently of September MNSSHPs where they just walked right through, basically just pausing long enough to get the candy. Pretty much no lines. DS will be in a wheelchair, so we will hang the bags on it so we don't have to carry them.

For those that do trick or treating and do not have a stroller, what do you do with your bags of candy when you are on rides?

Just put it under my feet. If you’re really going after a lot of candy, a day bag or something that can be zipped closed can be helpful. It was my fault, but my candy bag came partially open one time on 7DMT and a small amount of candy spilled out during the ride. I don’t think the CMs were amused when I was holding up the unloading trying to clean up my mess.

Just put it under my feet. If you’re really going after a lot of candy, a day bag or something that can be zipped closed can be helpful. It was my fault, but my candy bag came partially open one time on 7DMT and a small amount of candy spilled out during the ride. I don’t think the CMs were amused when I was holding up the unloading trying to clean up my mess.
Haha. Yes. We always bring our own large trick or treat bag that you can fold over or tie up. Zipped up would be better though. A large plastic bag from a gift shop works well in a pinch.

We did it last fall for the very first time. Our feeling was it was really fun and worth doing once.
we will not do it again this fall, but will again in a few years.
It is really done well!
The ticket isn't cheap, but between the parade, stage show and fireworks, it is worth the price of admission.

Can you and/or your children stay up past 10 or later? If so, yes. If not, then no, I don’t think it’s really worth it. We’ve gone twice and my two passed out before the 1st parade (older one woke up in time to watch it, we left before fireworks).

I think it use to be worth it in terms of prices but man are they making it harder to answer yes as the years go by

[QUOTE="Delirium, post: 59245258, member: 478514"]Do NOT trick or treat. Too time-consuming. Too chaotic, and there are so many more things to do at the party to spend your time on.

I don’t think you should tell people what not to do because you didn’t enjoy it. :confused3
Trick or treating is our favourite part of the party. :)[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. We really liked the Trick or Treating…and it was just me and DH :rotfl:

What I would NOT do again is wait to meet the characters…we waited a LONG time to meet Jack and Sally and we got some cute pictures, but I don't think that's worth missing a bunch of party time for. Fortunately, we were in line by 4:30 so didn't miss any actual party time, but still a huge time sucker. But, hey…to each his own…I wouldn't tell people NOT to do it.

As to the OP's question…I do think MNSSHP is worth going to, and DH and I will be going again this year!

Trick or treating is the thing I am looking most forward to as its been, oh I don't know, 40 years since I last went trick or treating. :rotfl2:
Also looking forward to a few meet and greets. Cant wait to experience it all!

Do NOT trick or treat. Too time-consuming. Too chaotic, and there are so many more things to do at the party to spend your time on.

Can't emphasize this point enough. Buy your kids some candy beforehand, point to the extremely long trick or treat lines, and go hop on rides instead. Halloween is our favorite time to be at Disney. The Halloween party used to be an excellent deal as you could find some days where the crowds were minimal. With price increases and more tickets being sold, it's not as great a value as it used to be. But, every Disney fan should do it at least once.

Can't emphasize this point enough. Buy your kids some candy beforehand, point to the extremely long trick or treat lines, and go hop on rides instead.

Totally disagree…even lines that were VERY long moved VERY quickly. DH and I would even go through some lines twice, once to the left, once to the right, etc and were through in a matter of minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter