Is the food at Saratoga Springs really THAT bad....?

jlc878

Earning My Ears
My fiance and I are planning a trip to WDW for our Honeymoon for end of March/early June 2022. Its our first time going to WDW so we have been doing a ton of research on where we want to stay. Saratoga Springs caught our eye because of how beautiful the recent renovations look in addition to the peaceful ambiance it seems to give off. One of our big concerns however is hearing a bunch of negative reviews with their food options that are offered there. For me personally, I am not one to gravitate to super fancy or rich food because of having more of a "sensitive" stomach. So it doesn't really matter to me really in terms of that.

Well, I will say the food court is just typical, like most other resorts. Nothing terrible, nothing really awesome! I really enjoy Turf Club but I do not believe that has reopened yet.

The bonus is, it's a quick walk to many options at Disney Springs or Olivias at Old Key West!

Yes to the food at Disney Springs. Never eaten at Saratoga Springs but I’m sure if they have a food court the breakfast will have a lot of items.

The food is fine, there are definitely resorts with better options. Disney Springs is your best bet.

Well, I will say the food court is just typical, like most other resorts. Nothing terrible, nothing really awesome!
Our experience is the same. In general, the food courts are mediocre, although there are a few we like at the Value and Moderate Resorts.

I tend to throw all Disney quick service into the same category - it's likely all the same supplier/brand/cooking method. The chicken nuggets at Saratoga tasted like the same ones you'd get anywhere.

When we last stayed there, we ate at the QS because it's convenient when at the pool but the walking distance to Disney Springs is my favorite thing about SSR. Unless you're chilling at the pool/exhausted, it's worth the easy walk over for some of the best food on property.

The food is alright, but do consider you're across the water from Disney Springs which has a lot of different food options.

Saratoga Springs has always been on our short list, but it seems like it always gets passed over for the final cut.

It seems like a solid resort (the new rooms look beautiful), but Disney Springs and TL are really your only close items. The commutes to all the core parks might be a bit long.

The best food and the greatest choice is at Disney Springs so I would stay at the resort you want and not worry about food.

With all these other restaurants reopening at other wdw resorts, is there a chance that the Turf Club will open in August/September?

We stayed at SSR in April 2021 and loved the resort. The QS food was typical of all QS at Disney resorts, IMO. I felt they were pretty limited for breakfast and lunch, but Covid, right? We ate late breakfast in our room and then would set out for the day. We'd have "whatever" QS we were near at lunch time and do a late TS at Disney Springs for dinner. We ADORED the 10-15min stroll over to Disney Springs, and the food (and drink!) can't be beat. I didn't find the trip to the parks any longer than from any other resort, but I HATE the Disney buses so any time in them is too much for me, hahaha!

With all of DS at your doorstep, SSR has the best food availability. It's really fantastic being so close to the Springs.

With all of DS at your doorstep, SSR has the best food availability. It's really fantastic being so close to the Springs.
We aren’t big breakfast eaters so lunch and dinner are our main meals of the day. This is one of the reasons I’m thinking of switching to SSR on our next trip. Mornings doing rides at various parks, then off to EPCOT for lunch or dinner at DS. I’ve time to work out the strategy since next trip won’t be until 2022 at the earliest.

Our favorite restaurant, after Boma, is the Turf Club. We are really hoping that both restaurants open by September. The Turf Club has wonderful Steaks, Prime Rib, and many other things. The lounge is open for drinks and appetizers.

I would say take advantage of walking or hopping on the bus to DS for good dinner or lunch. However if you hanging at the pool and just want to grab something quick from the food court it will get the job done.

Another vote to go to DS.
We've only eaten at Artists Palette once and had the flat breads which were very good. But, like many things are no longer on the menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter