Is the Dining/Fantasmic pkg. Necessary to Get Good Seats at the Show?

sbdis

Earning My Ears
I have not been to Fantasmic at Hollywood Studios for many, many years. Can you get a decent seat without having to arrive super early if you don't do the reserved seating that is available if you book a dining pkg.?

I'm not sure we want to eat at the participating restaurants but would like to do 50's Prime Time instead. If we do decide to book the pkg., how is H & V dinner buffet. I would prefer one of the other restaurants but we will have a child (l0 years old) and she would probably prefer H & V over Mama Melrose (which only has an early dinner available) and Hollywood Brown Derby?

I have not been to Fantasmic at Hollywood Studios for many, many years. Can you get a decent seat without having to arrive super early if you don't do the reserved seating that is available if you book a dining pkg.?

I'm not sure we want to eat at the participating restaurants but would like to do 50's Prime Time instead. If we do decide to book the pkg., how is H & V dinner buffet. I would prefer one of the other restaurants but we will have a child (l0 years old) and she would probably prefer H & V over Mama Melrose (which only has an early dinner available) and Hollywood Brown Derby?

Foodwise, I would recommend HBD. H&V has a decent character interaction, but the food is not worth the time or cost. We have eaten there several times and never left hungry but even the kids would much rather return to HIS.

It is definitely possible to get a good seat without the dining package. We often grab a late FP for the show, which is not the best seating, but pretty good for arriving 20 min early. If going without reserved seating on peak crowd days, line up an hour before the first show time or 30 min before the second for good seats.

My favorite meal of my entire trip last time was Mama Melrose. It doesn’t seem to get much credit here, but I thought it was amazing. And the Fantasmic package was great, the dessert was really cool. I have celiac so they let me get the mushroom flatbread as my appetizer and I could have just had that. It was super delicious.

Except at the most busy times not difficult at all. Fantasmic is also a fairly easy additional FP to get even fairly close to the show. Other than at the extreme ends, I don't think there are really any "bad" seats for the show.

IMO there are no bad seats. Granted if this is your first time and you only have one shot, then get there early to get a seat. Or in peak times. We like popping in last minute and being in the back. Last in ( more park time) first out ( first bus).

Thanks everyone for the helpful tips. I didn't even realize that Fantasmic had FP. We saw the show way back when my son was around 5 years old, he's now 24. This trip I'm going with my niece and brother and he said he wants to see fireworks and some shows (my niece has not been to Disney before) and brother has not been in many years. If I book FP, I can't do it until May because trip is in July. I wish dining & FP selections could be made at the same time. I'm guessing July 6 -13th will be pretty busy. Decisions, Decisions

The dining packages guarantees you a seat in the center section.

Facing the stage, stand bye guests sit to the right of center, and FP to the left of center.

While there are no bad seats, it does make a difference whether or not you are in front of one of the water screens, or between two of them. Robo’s map page on this forum shows what I mean really clearly. I would take a look at that to help you decide.

A major con to getting a fantasmic FP as 1 of your first 3 is that you can’t then get a 4th FP for anything. However, fantasmic is often an easy late FP to get (though obviously never a guarantee).

I would book the package just in case, you can always cancel with 24 hours notice.

With a 10 yr old, I would go with Mama Melrose. Especially as 10 would be adult price at H&V.

On our most recent visit, we picked up Fantasmic as our 8th FP of the day less than an hour before showtime.

We then went and rode TSM a few times before heading into the ampitheater.

It was about 10 minutes before showtime and we were ushered into the unfilled dining section. Great seats with no wait.

Both times, we sat about 3/4’s the way up and in the center. We were able to see everything, arriving 30-40 min before the show. We didn’t mind the wait though, we were happy to sit and rest by that time of the evening.

My daughter and I sat right as Steam Boat Willie comes out, all the way to the right. It was pretty good seats. I don't think it matters where you sit, they all seem good.

The dining packages guarantees you a seat in the center section.

Facing the stage, stand bye guests sit to the right of center, and FP to the left of center.

While there are no bad seats, it does make a difference whether or not you are in front of one of the water screens, or between two of them. Robo’s map page on this forum shows what I mean really clearly. I would take a look at that to help you decide.

A major con to getting a fantasmic FP as 1 of your first 3 is that you can’t then get a 4th FP for anything. However, fantasmic is often an easy late FP to get (though obviously never a guarantee).

I would book the package just in case, you can always cancel with 24 hours notice.

With a 10 yr old, I would go with Mama Melrose. Especially as 10 would be adult price at H&V.

I totally agree with this. We have gotten the dining package twice and it was nice to walk in 10 minutes before show time and get the best seat in the house.

H&V is the second worse meal we have had on property. I would definitely choose from the other two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter