Is the Contemporary Magic Kingdom View Worth It?

kmdrago1783

Mouseketeer
Posted last night debating between several room options at the CR. We have decided not to consider BLT but I am still torn between a Garden Wing room and the Tower-- Magic Kingdom view.

I am having trouble pulling the trigger.

We can swing it budget wise but it's just so much more! Talk me into it. LOL

Realistically, how much time do you expect to spend in the room watching the Magic Kingdom? Personally, not worth it to me. I'm not you.

Sorry, I won't be able to talk you into it - the one time we stayed at CR we had a Bay Lake view and it was gorgeous. I especially enjoyed having coffee on the balcony in the morning before my kids awoke.

I'm partial to CR TPV rooms.... but just curious, why rule out a Tower-Bay Lake View room? It's cheaper, and a wonderful view. In many ways I prefer the Bay Lake side to the TPV side.

I'm partial to CR TPV rooms.... but just curious, why rule out a Tower-Bay Lake View room? It's cheaper, and a wonderful view. In many ways I prefer the Bay Lake side to the TPV side.
So I have two small kids (two girls who will be 3 and 7 at the time of our visit) and of course would love for us to be able to wake up to see the castle and if they're ready to turn in, we can always watch the fireworks from the balcony.

Bay Lake does appeal to me as well-- is the electrical water pageant visible from your room on the bay lake side?

Posted last night debating between several room options at the CR. We have decided not to consider BLT but I am still torn between a Garden Wing room and the Tower-- Magic Kingdom view.

We loved staying in the Garden Wing. It's much quieter than the Tower, and the rooms are exactly the same. We had a nice patio that looked out on the pool & lake. Great experience for a much more reasonable price.

We loved staying in the Garden Wing. It's much quieter than the Tower, and the rooms are exactly the same. We had a nice patio that looked out on the pool & lake. Great experience for a much more reasonable price.
We have stayed in the garden wing a while ago as well-- did you book a standard or garden room? I can't remember what our room was...

We had the theme park view last year. It was worth it with young exhausted kids to still be able to watch the fireworks. That being said, once was enough.

We just stayed at a lake view in BLT (you can see the water pageant).

I kept saying that it was an amazing view, and would have been really happy with it, if only you didn't know what the view was like on the other side. Walking to the elevators in the morning and getting that magic kingdom view every morning was breath-taking. I couldn't imagine having it all the time. I'd think it is worth it do it once. We're going to try to on our next trip

When my kids were little, Fireworks view was a major factor. DH and I also enjoyed the views during the hours after the kids were asleep. Now we shut down the parks, and we all crash as soon as we hit the room. These days, the view out the window is dark no matter what it is facing.

So I have two small kids (two girls who will be 3 and 7 at the time of our visit) and of course would love for us to be able to wake up to see the castle and if they're ready to turn in, we can always watch the fireworks from the balcony.

Bay Lake does appeal to me as well-- is the electrical water pageant visible from your room on the bay lake side?

Yeah, it's a tough call at that age. Mine are just about that age too. Being able to be in PJs watching fireworks from the balcony is just such a big plus for where we are at this moment as a family.

Yes, on the Bay Lake side you get a great view of the EWP and it's VERY loud. Although it's relatively late - like 10-10:15ish, or something like that. My kids have been alseep!

I've been to CR three times, 2 TPV and 1 BLV - I've come to the conclusion that I'm happy on either side.

Attached are some pics of the views from each. The first four are TPV, the rest are on the Bay Lake side. For me, the TPV has a lot of buzz/energy to it. The BLV is peaceful/relaxing.

Attachments

• IMG_2207.jpg
    IMG_2207.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2942.JPG
    IMG_2942.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2556.JPG
    IMG_2556.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2534.JPG
    IMG_2534.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 33
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 31
we've stayed at the CR TPV for the last 4-5 times (lost track) - and LOVE everything about it and we are hardly in the room. But for us the magic of going to sleep watching the castle changing colors or fireworks going off, and waking up to seeing the castle just added that magical touch we wanted. :)

You'll probably wish you were staying in the tower if you don't. I'd book a Bay Lake View. It's lovely and peaceful.

91BE2230-2BD1-4973-B94F-36CB263F3973_zpswqspclob.jpg

0CA356CE-AB2E-4F2D-9A7C-1E9596C38584_zps7xu3cjzv.jpg

Yes :)

87AB295D-C7F7-43DF-86A2-1205C3A0D220_zps0grdny4b.jpg

28811F6B-1A09-46D8-BCAF-8D28145A8650_zpsgfahmxlj.jpg

3B641A1C-5022-43D7-AA6B-216787239375_zpsar1uw53q.jpg

MK views:

627_zpscae5d536.jpg

I believe that the garden wing does not have balconies unless you are on the first floor with a patio so if you want to be sure to have a balcony you need to be in the tower. Also garden wing is a bit of a walk from the tower to the monorail, buses and food.

SO I get exactly where you are at. I just got back from a trip ( read my trip report) where I booked a MK View at the tower Club level. I kept going back and forth with changing it to something cheaper, because again how much time do you actually spend in the room.... well we got an upgrade to the Presidential Suite and it was MAGICAL! I think even the rooms with the view are worth doing at least once.

Personally, I'm partial to staying in the tower be it TPV or BLV. The convenience factor alone, especially with little ones, is worth it, IMO. Not to mention, both views are GORGEOUS!!!

We're staying in a tpv at cr in September. Our girls will be 2 and 4. For us, it's worth it to get the tpv. I know there will be nights when we watch the fireworks in pjs from the balcony. There's also hallowishes that dh and I will watch from the balcony when the kids are asleep.

Also, the garden wing is further from the monorail. We wanted to be in the tower. Also, no balcony in garden wing unless you're on the first floor and you have a patio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter