Is the Club Level Experience at Grand Californian Hotel worth it?

Does a CL room that has a Premium view pretty much guarantee park view? That could be another added benefit.
Also, when I stayed CL at DW I was reached out to be the Concierge staff months in advance of my trip, no one has reached out at all to me and we're less than 2 months out. Is this a COVID thing or do they not do that at DL?
It is a covid thing. They only have 1 VIP coordinator back at this time.

We've grappled with the "worth it" question too and this is why we haven't upgraded/won't upgrade for our next trip: we **really** enjoy park/hotel dining and would prefer to spend our dollars there. I don't want to feel "obligated" to come back to the hotel to eat or have a drink to "get our money's worth."

The caveat to this is that we're a family of three, with a young kiddo. If we were feeding two to three teenagers, I'd be willing to bet our whole approach would be different.
As a mom to 19 year old b/g/g triplets, you better believe it does have it's advantages! When we can, we will stay concierge.

Hi All,
Has anyone stayed in a Club Level room at the Grand Cal? How do you "use" the amenities? Can the Afternoon Tea replace lunch? Food quality good?

And finally, we are not drinkers...I know it's hard to say, but what makes this experience worth the extra cost for you and your family?

TIA!
Sheryl

I sat and thought about your post before I wanted to write a response. For our family, we would stay concierge every time we go to DL (we are in AZ), but with reality, when we do, I love sitting out on the balcony of the club room and watch the monorail go by while enjoying food and drink. It is so relaxing. The coffee in the carafes taste so much better than the coffee I make in the room (I bring half and half, use bottled water etc), the assortment of fresh fruit is amazing, we usually get some meat and cheeses with croissants for later to make mini sandwiches. The club is a great place to relax instead of the lobby while you wait for your room to be cleaned. I have 19 year old b/g/g triplets. The boy is always hungry! My girls are really into healthy foods and the fresh fruits, yogurt, etc makes it easy to fill them up too. Don't get me wrong, these girls can put away a Disney cupcake and cake pop with the best of them, but most of the time, they naturally eat fairly "clean".
I think the best thing to do is try it once and see how it works for you and your family.
What ever you end up deciding, wishing you a great trip! Know if you do not stay club this time, there is always next time.

I sat and thought about your post before I wanted to write a response. For our family, we would stay concierge every time we go to DL (we are in AZ), but with reality, when we do, I love sitting out on the balcony of the club room and watch the monorail go by while enjoying food and drink. It is so relaxing. The coffee in the carafes taste so much better than the coffee I make in the room (I bring half and half, use bottled water etc), the assortment of fresh fruit is amazing, we usually get some meat and cheeses with croissants for later to make mini sandwiches. The club is a great place to relax instead of the lobby while you wait for your room to be cleaned. I have 19 year old b/g/g triplets. The boy is always hungry! My girls are really into healthy foods and the fresh fruits, yogurt, etc makes it easy to fill them up too. Don't get me wrong, these girls can put away a Disney cupcake and cake pop with the best of them, but most of the time, they naturally eat fairly "clean".
I think the best thing to do is try it once and see how it works for you and your family.
What ever you end up deciding, wishing you a great trip! Know if you do not stay club this time, there is always next time.
Thank you for that thought-filled reply! I canceled my original Club Level reservation for a standard view but our following trip may just be Club!

Thank you for that thought-filled reply! I canceled my original Club Level reservation for a standard view but our following trip may just be Club!
You are welcome. I hope you have a wonderful trip, and when you are able to go and stay Club Level, everything is back to how it was before pandem*c. Most rooms have a balcony, which is awesome! I love sitting out on the balcony, so nice. If you want a room close to the elevators in the lobby to get to DTD and/or DCA, check out the GCH map in the Grand thread (room 2005 for example, faces the parking lot, but if monorail runs, you can see it). Each floor in the ice room, also has a microwave and I think a soda vending machine. We try to stay close to that (think bottomless pit son who is constantly hungry). If you are a coffee or tea drinker, in the morning, you can get complimentary hot coffee or tea (not sure about hot chocolate) from Craftsman Grill until I think 10:30am. I hope someone that is currently at the hotel can confirm if they are still doing this.
If you have any questions, please ask away! The more current information we can get on these boards, the better. Have lots of fun planning!

You are welcome. I hope you have a wonderful trip, and when you are able to go and stay Club Level, everything is back to how it was before pandem*c. Most rooms have a balcony, which is awesome! I love sitting out on the balcony, so nice. If you want a room close to the elevators in the lobby to get to DTD and/or DCA, check out the GCH map in the Grand thread (room 2005 for example, faces the parking lot, but if monorail runs, you can see it). Each floor in the ice room, also has a microwave and I think a soda vending machine. We try to stay close to that (think bottomless pit son who is constantly hungry). If you are a coffee or tea drinker, in the morning, you can get complimentary hot coffee or tea (not sure about hot chocolate) from Craftsman Grill until I think 10:30am. I hope someone that is currently at the hotel can confirm if they are still doing this.
If you have any questions, please ask away! The more current information we can get on these boards, the better. Have lots of fun planning!
Can you link to the GCH map? I've been looking for something like that and was wondering if DLR does room requests like DW does.

Any idea what rooms are specifically CL? Are they actually near the lounge?

I think the the 6th floor is for club. When we stay club, we try to get a room 205 to 113 (these are standard rooms). The room that is by 103,105,108 is where the ice machine and microwave is located. Son used it a lot! The elevators by the registration area and great hall on 6th floor, straight ahead is club level registration, turn left to go to the lounge, turn right to go to some rooms.

Have fun planning and keep asking questions, a lot of people here are very knowledgeable about all things Disneyland and they are happy to share their information!

The elevators by the registration area and great hall on 6th floor, straight ahead is club level registration, turn left to go to the lounge, turn right to go to some rooms.

Do you need your room key to take the elevator to the 6th floor?
If so, I'm wondering how check in for club level works. Are there cast members in the lobby with tablets, like it WDW resorts?
Thanks!

No, you can take the elevator up to the 6th floor without a key. When you walk off the elevators, you will see a desk to the right, that is where you can be checked in. Beats standing in the line downstairs!

If so, I'm wondering how check in for club level works. Are there cast members in the lobby with tablets, like it WDW resorts?
Thanks!
Sometimes when you arrive, you will get lucky, and the bellhops, or someone else there will notify club level and they will greet you when you walk into the Grand. That has happened only once to us, but then again, they were swamped.

Thanks!
Sometimes when you arrive, you will get lucky, and the bellhops, or someone else there will notify club level and they will greet you when you walk into the Grand. That has happened only once to us, but then again, they were swamped.
Currently, they are not greeting guests on the valet drive. (Not enough staff has returned.)

Both 5th and 6th floors can have club rooms. I have even been on the 4th floor once. The rooms are mixed. It depends on the type of room you have reserved. I usually request specific rooms, so not sure what I would get if I left it open.

Currently, they are not greeting guests on the valet drive. (Not enough staff has returned.)

Both 5th and 6th floors can have club rooms. I have even been on the 4th floor once. The rooms are mixed. It depends on the type of room you have reserved. I usually request specific rooms, so not sure what I would get if I left it open.

Ah, very good to know!

No free coffee anymore in the mornings.

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Say it ain't so! This is sad.

There are keurigs in the rooms now, though. Bring some k cups of your favorite coffee. It will be better than the free coffee anyway. We got "free" coffees with our breakfast at Storyteller's and it was absolutely awful.

There are keurigs in the rooms now, though. Bring some k cups of your favorite coffee. It will be better than the free coffee anyway. We got "free" coffees with our breakfast at Storyteller's and it was absolutely awful.
I just don't know why, but the coffee made in the room always tastes awful to me. I use bottled water, etc. I end up waiting until the afternoon when I get up from a nap to get a coffee from Starbucks. (This is after MM/EE into the parks and a late breakfast/early lunch either in the parks or DTD. When everyone is stuffed, and the weather is heating up, we head back to the room to relax/nap.

I just don't know why, but the coffee made in the room always tastes awful to me. I use bottled water, etc. I end up waiting until the afternoon when I get up from a nap to get a coffee from Starbucks. (This is after MM/EE into the parks and a late breakfast/early lunch either in the parks or DTD. When everyone is stuffed, and the weather is heating up, we head back to the room to relax/nap.

Probably because you are supposed to clean out coffee makers periodically and I'm guessing that NEVER happens in the rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter