Is the cheese soup at LeCellier...

iloveeeyore

DIS Veteran
..available at a counter service place? I'm dying to try the cheese soup again (had it at Food & Wine Fest in 2001 and found it disappointingly watery and think maybe it was a bad day), but I'm not interested in dining there.

Does Canada have a counter service place?

TIA:sunny:

No counter service that I know of, but while on a solo trip, I went into Le Cellier at lunchtime, and they made me a to go cup of soup and 3 breadsticks. Then I strolled over to the Off Kilter stage, ate my lunch and watched the show. So I'm sure you could get a cup to go if you wanted to.

I think I may get a cup to go next time we're there... I read in someones report that they gladly did that for them... I doubt you'll have a problem =)

I honestly have no desire to eat a meal there, but would like to try this soup out!!!! Seems like the perfect arrangement =)

I think in the past, there was a kiosk in Canada with Cheddar soup and a couple of other items. We had it December 2001 while walking around on a chilly afternoon. If I recall correctly, I think it was pretty much across from the stair entrance to the pavillion. Perhaps it may be a seasonal thing . . .

Isn't the recipe for the cheese soup at the food and wine festival different from recipe for cheese soup at le Cellier? I thought I had read that in the disney magazine or maybe on line somewhere. I read so much stuff on Disney that I can't keep track.

I tried the recipe for the cheese soup from Disney Magazine, (Winter 2003-4, I think.) I loved it, DH said it was too salty. Haven't tried the soup at the park, will have to next time...Yummmy.:)

I tried the recipe at home too and everyone loved it but said I didn't make my bacon crispy enough. No one said anything about the salt. I served it with those frozen big pretzels you heat up, not the same as Le Cellier pretzel bread but not bad! :D

Hi Does anyone have a copy of the soups recipe? I would love to try this at home. Thanks in advance Judy

Here ya go:
Cheddar Cheese Soup- Le Cellier Canada

Ingredients:

1/2 lb bacon cut into 1/2 in. pieces
3 celery ribs cut into 1/4 in pieces
3 cups milk
1 medium red onion cut into 1/4 in. pieces
2 tbsp butter
3 cups water
3 dashes tabasco
1 cup flour
1/2 cup beer
3/4 lb. grated white cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Method:

In a soup pot, start to brown the bacon over medium heat. When the bacon is starting to get crisp, add the onions, celery and butter. Cook until the onion is translucent.

Add the flour and incorporate with the butter. Cook for 4 minutes, constantly stirring.

Add the water and whisk. Make sure there are no lumps.

Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes, stir every couple of minutes.

Add the milk and continue to simmer for 15 minutes. Do not boil after you add the milk.

After the last 15 minutes, turn off the heat and stir in the cheese then the beer. Add the tabasco and season with salt and pepper. If the soup is too thick you can thin it out with some milk.

Serve with your favorite bread and top with some chopped scallions or chives.

::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

I think that IS different from the soup I tried at Food & Wine Fest. Thanks for the recipe. Looks like I'll have to try LeCellier's.:sunny: (Far be it from me to COOK anything!;) )

I've had the Cheddar Cheese soup at both the F&W fest and at Le Cellier-and I actually preffered the F&W booth..I don't know if there are different recipes,or just maybe how fresh..and/or how long its held, but the Le Cellier version tasted much more like beer.Not that thats a bad thing..just different.The soup can be a meal in itself, the portion at the restaurant was almost overkill with a meal, but we did it anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter