Is the Boardwalk Inn Concierge the least desirable?

richard3330

Cirque Fan
Hi :wave: ,

We are staying at BWI Concierge in 2004 and I was just wondering whether I should change my reservation, as I have heard many bad comments about The BWI Concierge.

If you have stayed at BWI Concierge please post here and tell me what you thought.

Thank You!!!

Richard. :)

By no means!

We stayed there and really enjoyed it!

We preferred AKL, but BWI was so very close to the poly. We liked it MUCH more than YC or GF.

Anne

Don't know where or from whom you've received bad reports; but we just returned from BWI Concierge on Sunday, 12/8..........We had a marvelous trip - had two rooms, #4240 & #4254. Have no complaints whatsoever. The location is the most important thing for us; and you can't beat the location. The CM in Concierge couldn't do enough for us - believe me, we had some problems (stupid ones actually) and the CM's were terrific..........Would like to eventually post a trip report; but after coming home to snow, my report had to take a back seat.........Bottom line is, IMHO you can't go wrong with BWI...Just my 2 cents............

Sorry, but we hated it! After staying at the Poly con. we were spolied! I loved having all of the drinks available and cold. At the BWI we had to ask and wait for drinks that were warm! YUCK. The food offerings at the Poly were by far superior to those at BWI. Not to even begin to talk about the view from the Poly lounge vs BWI's. No comparison! I will take the castle and fireworks anyday! I personally would switch...just my thoughts!

We stayed there the first week in November -- our first and, thus far, only concierge experience at Walt Disney World. (We've stayed at the Disneyland Hotel in concierge, and it was no big whoop, btw...)

On the plus side:
+ The lounge is lovely, with plenty of space to spread out, and an unrivaled view of IllumiNations at night. Mid-day, the place is EMPTY. Which makes it a pleasant place to just relax and read the paper.

+ Food is above average. Love the little coffee rolls in the morning. Deserts after dinner are the best (choc covered strawberres and different kinds of tarts and petite fours!)

+ Staff is very friendly and helpful. When we were contacted shortly after we made our ressies, the fella managed to nab us a PS for Cinderella's Royal Table, the hottest ticket in The World. (Overall, the staff at the BoardWalk is superlative, btw.)

And the negatives:
- No cold beverages. If you ask, they will bring you canned soda or a small bottle of water, both lukewarm. You need to then scoop ice into a glass or styrofoam cup to cool 'em down. This is most irritating when you want to grab some water to take with you into the parks.

- Limited food offerings. They're good and do the job -- nothing like muffins and cereal for breakfast! -- but after two or three days, it's predictable. (We were there for 10 days.) The afternoon snacks of humus or cream cheese on stale bread were the exceptionally lame. Though, in a pinch, they do tide you over until dinner.

Would we do it again? Frankly, I don't think concierge is really worth the extra bucks, no matter how lavish it may be. But we were able to grab a decent rate with a package, and concierge was the only room available at the BWI during our vacation period. It was pleasant enough, and it was a treat having someone to solve annoying little problems for us, but I doubt we'd do it again.

I suppose I should have prefaced my comments with "this was my first experience at concierge".... I do agree with the comment about lukewarm beverages; but as I say, this being my first experience, I thought it was great..........We enjoyed it tremendously............

We have done Boardwalk concierge and it is fine. We prefer AKL concierge, as the staff is more attentive...but we had a great time at Boardwalk, with an excellent room.

Enjoy!

We had a 5 night stay there this past July. We got in around 6 pm and checked out early the next morning. We never saw any concierge staff during that time, including check-in. We also were not aware that there was no place to get drinks in the resort (you know, the refillable mugs). For some reason that nobody told us there was no air conditioning back in the concierge halls. But the straw that broke the camel's back was when we were the 5th stop on the bus bringing us back from the Magic Kingdom.

Oh no - the BWI concierge is nice!! It's a beautiful hotel with a great location. I liked it a LOT better than the Poly, though for me, the GF is still my favorite by FAR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter