Is the 125% refund refundable?

EllinK

DIS Veteran
We were scheduled to cruise in April but our cruise was cancelled and we have been offered a 125% refund if we rebook a future date. We are looking at the Med cruises next summer but with a HS student, our plans are uncertain. If we book, is the deposit refundable? I don't want to end up with a zombie deposit that I keep moving around because my deposit is nonrefundable and my schedule keeps changing. Anyone know?

I've been told that once you move those credits to a sailing, the rules of that sailing come into play. It will be refundable until it's normal PIF refund date. What I don't know is if you can move those back into a credit position for the remainder of the time limit or if it would just be a straight refund at that point.

Last edited:
This is the official policy from DCL. They are offering a 125% cruise credit or a 100% refund. If you use the credit, you have to pay prevailing rates for the new cruise so your costs may increase. If you choose to then cancel that rebooked cruise, you would receive a refund of actual monies paid. You would not get 125% back.

Disney Cruise Line will offer guests and travel agents with clients sailing on these cruises the choice of a 125% cruise credit to be used for a future sailing within 15 months of their original sail date, or a full refund. If guests or clients select a future cruise credit and are not able to use it, they will be eligible for a refund up to the amount they paid in full. Standard prevailing rates will apply for future cruises.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter