"Is that the Matterhorn?" Spring Break 2019 *Updated 9/17*

maggiepie87

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone and :welcome: to the newest installment of Margaret and her Dad go to Disney or as this trip is named #fatherdaughtertrippart6 or as we call it now “Is that the Matterhorn?” trip

Who:
Margaret

Favorites
Park: Magic Kingdom
Ride: Expedition Everest and/or Flight of Passage and/or Haunted Mansion
Quick Service: Casey’s
Table Service: Le Cellier
Snack: Frushi and/or citrus swirl
This year’s Disney Motto: “Wait for me I have short legs”

Dad (Pat, whoo hoo, hey you)

Favorites
Park: Animal Kingdom
Ride: Flight of Passage
Quick Service: Flame Tree BBQ
Table Service: Le Cellier
Snack: Mickey Pretzel
This year’s Disney Motto: “Da** my feet hurt”

Where:
French Quarter also known as home, room 2342

When:

March 16th-23rd
Why:

Because we have a traditional to uphold

If you want to come join us on a trip filled with a misplaced cell phone (twice), crazy weather, a best friend dinner, a self-made tour group, the Disney shuffle, a robbery, maybe being on a Brazilian tv show, lots of laughs and sore feet then keep reading. Here’s hoping I finish this one in a timely matter and not 3 weeks before next year’s trip :rotfl2: :thumbsup2

Hold on… like always, but wait.

Thankfully this years but wait is a good but wait.

My friend Tara called me on the Monday 2 weeks before Disney and said “hey want to go to St Louis for a weekend? I have extra tickets to see Garth Brooks and I know you don’t like country music, but it will be a girls weekend” Don’t have to ask me twice. Since I had already started packing up all my travel things for Disney, I basically just pulled a few things from that bag and put it in my weekend bag.

It was a great weekend filled with lots of memories and laughs

r

:lovestruc :hug::hug:

Besides Disney it was one of the top week(ends) ever! :lovestruc
Now back home and back to getting ready for Disney mode! :goodvibes

Day 0 - March 15th - Friday before Spring Break
The day before Disney day also known as the Friday before Spring Break. Which is scientifically proven to be one of the longest days of the school year

Thankfully (depending on who you ask I guess) we did curriculum and smartboard work. So instead of a room full of children I spent it with 5 other teacher friends working.

The alarm went off at 4:30 like any other Friday, and like every other Friday, I didn’t get out of bed until 5:15 haha.

I put on my Disney shirt, grabbed coffee, and made my way to Chick-fil-A. I told my coworker Kim about my traditional stop for breakfast and paying for the person behind me and she said she was going to try and be the person behind me.

I ordered and right as I pulled to the window, I noticed there was someone behind me. I paid for mine and told the cashier I was paying for the person behind me and she was so excited and appreciative. When I told her that I do it every year on the day before Disney she talked about how much she loved it and wishes she could go with me.

I got to school around 6:45 and no one else was there, everyone was in Friday mode for sure.

I got to my classroom and got everything set up for the class for the day.

And start the food taking pictures.

I brought my coffee, my water bottle, got my coke zero from breakfast, and then Jalena comes in and says “here I went to Sonic and grabbed you a coke zero with cherry”
Well now I’m going to be full of fluids…

I saw Kim on the way to the other room to work and asked her if she was the person behind at Chick-fil-A at 6:30 and she informed me that at that hour of the morning she didn’t even have pants on haha.

We spent the morning working, talking, and laughing about our St Louis trip the weekend before.

As well as eating the leftover trailmix from the drive haha.

When the day was over, I told my coworkers bye and they told me to post lots of pictures. I left a few minutes early to beat the car rider line home and now Spring Break has officially started.

I relaxed on the couch for a bit before I finished the cleaning, packing, charging process.

As well as moving all my pictures from my phone to my computer and google photos.

I was showered and packed by 9! Personal best!

I got into bed and watched some Vegas hockey on my ipad and the end of the Rangers game on tv.

I talked to my Dad for a while and we talked plans for the morning. I turned the lights out and called it a night around 10ish.

Up Next: Travel Day: Margaret can’t make friends right, a small fight on an airplane, and butter is a food group

Day 1 - March 16th - Travel Day

Man, that was an early alarm. I had an 8:00 flight and Amanda was picking me up around 5:30 so I could get to the airport early and she could head to Florida too. Her and her family were going to visiting family in Clearwater but they were driving.

I was officially packed and ready to go by 5:20. I grabbed some last-minute trash and cleaned out the cat litter box. When Amanda picked me up, I asked her if I could drop it off. When I got out of the car, I noticed the big trash bin was making noises. I threw the trash bag in there and ran away, Amanda laughing at me the whole time :laughing:

We made the short 12-minute drive to the airport and talked about our plans and hopes for the week. She wanted to relax, I wanted a tan :woohoo:

She dropped me off at the airport and we bid safe travels to each other.

Yes that’s my uncrustable on the dash. My doctor had given me some steroids to dry out my allergies and I had to take one before and after breakfast and I didn’t want a stomach ache so I grabbed breakfast.

I walked to the American Airlines desk and everyone and their mother was there. There was a line in the regular help line and the priority line. The you and your bag check-in lines were empty, so I wandered over there and checked my bag.

Almost forgot the Magical Express tag…

After I got that taken care of I stood in the middle of both the lines and waited for my name to be called. I noticed another family in front of me with those magical yellow tags. When they looked back at me, I smiled and pointed to my bag and said “hey were going to the same place” they didn’t seem to understand me though or want to be my friend… Oh well :laughing: :confused3

My name was called and I dropped my bag off. Only weighed 39 pounds… that’s loads of room for stuff coming back.

Bye quiet XNA airport

Well there is never a line at TSA…

I found my gate and a seat to wait. I looked at the tv and noticed the flight was for Dallas.. wait what? Is this my flight? No it was the 6:33 flight getting ready to leave… and a little late by the looks of it.

That flight left 10 minutes late and not long after it showed a flight to Chicago on the screen. Wait? Did I miss my flight or go to the wrong gate? I double checked the app and the airport screen and they both showed leaving from A4. Guess everything was leaving from the same gate today. I looked out the window and the next plane made its way over and they were boarding for Chicago. I heard them say they were overbooked by 4 and looking for volunteers. Last I saw they had enough people.

The Chicago flight left on time so I went to the bathroom and then came back and found somewhere to sit until they called us for boarding.

Shortly after 7:45 we were boarding

I was scheduled to arrive in Dallas by 9:30 but the flight from Bentonville to Dallas is scheduled for an hour and a half but it usually takes 45-60 minutes.

I told my Dad I would meet him at his gate whenever I actually landed ha ha.

We stopped to deice the plane and were told to hold until 8:50 before we could leave.

I started watching Toy Story and looking out the window at the deicing man.

After a while the pilot said we were go for takeoff.

We were in the air for what seemed like 30 minutes. Maybe it was that long because I took a 30-minute nap. I missed the drinks and pretzels, the flight attendant came around and asked me if I wanted something I said no thank you and continued watching Toy Story.

I see you Dallas

My Dad texted me and told me he was at A16 and I came in on gate B4 so I got on the skylink and made my way over to the A gates. I got to the A stop and of course he was where there was a sea of people. I had to practice and find him in the sea of people, which is a skill I may need later in the week.
Hey I found him :thumbsup2
We planned on getting something to eat since it was 10 and we had an O’hana reservation at 7:55.

We found a McDonalds nearby, ordered, and found a spot to sit. We talked about our flights. A few years ago my Dad was delayed leaving El Paso and he almost missed our flight to Orlando. So we decided then that the next flight I would book him aisle as close to the front of the plane as possible so he would have a few extra minute head start.

He also found it ironic that the year he has a 3-hour layover he goes from gate A11 to A16 :laughing:

We found our gate and found a spot to sit and finish charging our phones.

I had packed my actual camera this trip because my grandma iphone 6S randomly gets a black screen and freezes when I want to take a picture, I have to restart the whole phone to get it to work.

This year we had planned on using amazon prime now for groceries. I bought a gift card and used Amanda’s prime account to order water, coke zero, powerade and poptarts.

I placed the order for delivery of between 2-4. It was the easiest ordering process I’ve ever done.

We made one last bathroom stop before boarding.
We found our seats and were situated shortly around 12:00.

I checked the day before on the American app and they said that this flight had the tv’s in the back of the seats. I knew I was watching ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’. The second I sat down I put in my earphones and started the movie.

My Dad made friends with the little old man next to him who was unsure how to work the tv’s on the chairs. So being the nice person he is he showed him how to plug his earphones in and find a movie to watch.

A little while later the flight attendant came around and asked if we wanted drinks and pretzels. We said yes please to both and 2 coke zeros.

My Dad and I had a small scuffle because she handed me a bag of pretzels and my drink and my dad his. That’s when we noticed the cities on the bags :eek:

I got a Rangers one and my dad got an icky Flyers bag ha ha. He tried to steal mine and I said no and we may have laughed and pushed each other a bit :rotfl:
We take our dislike for the Flyers very seriously :laughing: :laughing:

We finished our snacks and I went back to my movie. My Dad had picked First Man and was watching it. Which for someone who isn’t a big movie watcher I’m surprised he actually watched it.

I heard the pilot say “Flight attendants prepare for landing” before I knew it. The whole 2 and a half hours had passed. We were 5 minutes from landing right as my movie stopped. Perfect timing if I do say so myself.

Hey we made it!!

As soon as I turned the airplane mode off, we got a text saying our room was ready. Even better!

I always love to people watch. At the beginning of the week you see people going home through security while you’re on the other side getting ready for your trip to start.

Magicband on!

My best friend had been texting me all week because like last year she was there the week before I was. But unlike last year, she did a Sunday to Sunday so we actually overlapped one day. We had planned a dinner at O’hana, it was going to be my Dad and I, her and her husband and 2 daughters and her Mom and Dad :thumbsup2

I texted her at 3:45 saying we landed. The plan was for them to meet us at French Quarter and then head over to Magic Kingdom then the Poly.

Our original plan was for her and her family to meet us in the lobby at 5:30 but we were still sitting at the airport by 4:30.

We eventually were on our way and according to our bus driver we were bus stop number 2 after Saratoga Springs.
We made it to French Quarter by 5:15

My email said our amazon delivery was made around 2:30 so it was there long before we were. I went to bell services and asked them about it, they went to check and came back with a box of water and 2 bags on top. I went over to concierge to get our ‘father/daughter trip’ buttons and see if they charged me $5 or not.

They said everything was good so off we went to find our room.
We got to building 2 and found the elevator. Took it to the top floor and took the long way around to get to room 2342.

I totally forgot to take any pictures of the room! Insert gasp here. We were loaded down with stuff when we got there and on the way out my hands were full. But we got a refurbished room so that was super nice. I loved the sink area and the mirror! It came in super handy in the morning.

We unloaded bags and I rearranged my backpack. I checked the weather app and it said rain was possible so yup let’s make sure to throw our rain coats in the backpack. Thankfully my Dad listened to me when I said ‘throw your rain coat in your carry on’.

I texted Gena and said were heading to the lobby and she said they were leaving Riverside and walking over. Since we made it to the lobby first, we took a peak in the giftshop and found a few things that were on our shopping list already so we made a mental list and found a bench to sit on and wait.

We people watched for a bit while I was texting Gena and she was giving me a play by play of her walking and I was trying to give her directions. I told her to find the pool and the alligators. She texted me that she was behind a horse. I figured the horse was probably heading to French Quarter, so I told her to follow it :laughing:

A few minutes later I see the horse walk by, so I texted her and told her I saw the horse, but she informed me that they turned and were coming around the pool. I told my Dad to stay at the bench while I went and tracked them down.

I saw her oldest daughter first and started yoohooing but no one heard me so I basically had to flail my arms and call her name for her to see me.

She finally saw me, we all hugged each other and asked about how we’ve been doing. Her oldest grabbed my hand and never really let go of it all night.

We all tracked my Dad down at the bench and made our way to the bus stop. As soon as we walked out of the door, we noticed a Magic Kingdom bus rounding the corner, so we all begun powerwalking/the most fit person speedy powerwalking to the bus stop to let them know we were coming. Thankfully the bus driver saw us and got out of the bus and told us he saw us, so we slowed down to a trot. We all found a seat and off we went.

Instead of turning left we went straight. We ended up stopping at Riverside first before heading to Magic Kingdom. Well that’s a first for us.

My friend’s daughter told me all about her trip and what she saw, it was a great way to pass time.

The closer we got to the Magic Kingdom however I noticed it getting darker and darker outside. As soon as we passed by in front of the Contemporary, I saw the rain on the windshield. I went into my backpack and grabbed our raincoats and told my Dad to have it in his hand, just in case.

We got off the bus and there’s the rain. We all put our raincoats on, my friend and her mom shared an umbrella and off to security we went. We got through security and all met up again and then Margaret became the leader of the party. I felt like I needed a flag like the Brazilian tour groups do ha ha.

Once we got to the monorail, we got in a corral to wait until it showed up. Gena and her family hadn’t been on the monorail or have gone to another resort, so this was all new to them.

We all loaded up with everyone else as a well because apparently the rain scared some people away from MK.

Every time we stopped Ilianna would ask me are we getting off here? I would tell her no were going to keep going. We made friends with the old man next to us, he heard us talking about going to dinner and he asked her what she was excited to eat. We talked about macaroni and cheese and bread for a few minutes. Then I realized how hungry I was by now.

We finally got to the Poly and unloaded. I was still leading the parade and since I made the reservation for all of us, I went to check us all in. Our reservation was for 7:55 and we were checking in by 7:00. The CM took my number and said we’ll text you. 3 of us went to the bathroom and to wash our hands then came back to find the rest of our party.

Gosh it has been a long day and I look rough :laughing: :scared1:

Ilianna is my mini me, I always make weird faces in pictures too :lovestruc :hug:

Little Gabi that girl had a rough go there for a while. Hospital stays and lots of tests. But she’s doing amazing now :lovestruc

We were getting ready to find somewhere to sit but my phone buzzed at 7:30 saying our table was ready. Wow our table of 8 was going to be seated before our reservation time. I had heard a lot of people say that larger parties have a longer wait so I was expecting being called back around 8:30.

We went to the next stand and confirmed our whole party was present and we were led back to our table. Since Ilianna was still holding on to my hand for dear life she was in the front with me, the CM asked if we’ve been there before and I told her 2 of us have but the rest of us haven’t. So she explained to basically Ilianna because the rest of the party was farther behind, how it worked. And her precious little self said “oh so it’s like golden corral” well close honey but not really ha ha. The CM laughed and said well here we bring the food to you and you tell us what you want.

We were led to the far corner and got the round table in the corner against the window. I smiled and told Gena and her family that we will have a great view of the fireworks.

Since we are all on the dining plan 3 of us decided we were going to get a drink. I ordered a magical star, I really just wanted the light up ice cube, Gena ordered a fruity thing and her husband Gabe ordered a green thing

Gena and my Dad know I’m a take a picture of food before you eat person so as soon as the server left, I leaned over to take a picture of the bread and my Dad said, “no touching, picture first”. He’s trained so well :laughing: :thumbsup2

Gabi wanted bread so Gena gave her a piece and she basically sat there and licked the butter off then wanted some more. So, Gena gave her some more and Gabi licked the butter off that piece too and then some more butter, then some more:rotfl:

The salad came a few minutes later and we all took a few pieces.

We spent the time talking about how our flights were and they shared stories of their trips. Ilianna was sitting next to me so she kept leaning on me and holding my hand, it was precious. Gena was on the other side of me and we talked about needing to do a Disney/Besties trip….

The funny thing is my Dad and her Mom went to high school together and had a few classes together. My dad laughs now because he says he never thought that his daughter and her daughter would be best friends all those years later.

We all dug into our noodles and pot stickers. I dug out the baby corn because they’re my favorite. Gabi loved the broccoli, she ate it all.

I dropped my napkin, so I had to find it, thankfully I did :rolleyes:

I had been dreaming of shrimp since last year. Since I’m not a fish fan, besides tuna and shrimp this is a must for me just for the shrimp.

All the shrimps. I didn’t eat them all… I tried but no success.

We decided to get another tray of noodles and stuff because some didn’t get a chance to have more then one helping of some. Plus, Gabi wanted more broccoli, so I asked our server for a plate of broccoli. Why didn’t we think of that at the beginning, I don’t know.

I was still picking at my noodles and steak when I turned to Ilianna to ask her something and then I dropped my fork… ugh

Since we all got a little rained on earlier in the evening and we had been sitting in the refrigerated air for an hour now, we were all getting a bit cold.

Like clockwork the hot towels showed up, so we warmed up with those and napkins.

Gena’s Mom Shirley covered herself up with everyone napkins

We were all laughing and somehow, I dropped my phone. Goodness what is going on with me ha ha. We all laughed, and Gena thankfully had my back and found it on the floor for me.

All of our food had shown up by 8:30 and our dessert wasn’t far behind. This was the quickest our food has ever shown up. Normally we’re waiting forever it feels like but today it seemed quick if not almost rushed.

Dessert showed up and Ilianna got some rice krispy treats. We all dug in and tried to make a decent dent in it but we failed haha. We were all so stuffed and cold and tired.

Gena decided she needed to go get a jacket because she was so cold. So, she went off to the giftshop while we waited around for the fireworks to start.

The water pageant started and Ilianna got so excited and Gabi was more interested in her bread and broccoli still.

The server came by and scanned everyone’s bands and we signed, tipped and cashed out but she said no hurry.

Gena asked if she could take the leftover noodles home and the male server said let me go ask. He returned a few minutes later with a bag and to-go box. We laughed because we weren’t taking it and Gena and her family had a 3:30 Tragical Express pickup in the morning. She was adamant that she would eat it in the morning. (I have yet to ask her if she did)

We watched the turtle go by and stars go by and by the time it was done I looked over and Ilianna was asleep at the table. Poor girl almost made it to the fireworks.

Gena made it back about 2 minutes before the fireworks started. She gave her mom a beach towel that she got and laughed at me and said “Ehh today was payday” when she said she showed me she got the purple spirit jersey.

The fireworks and music started, and my signing wasn’t far behind.
As much as I love Wishes, Happily Ever After is closing in on it.

We made our way to the exit and I stopped to go to the bathroom while Gena got pants on the girls and Ilianna in the stroller since she was still asleep.

We got through security right as a monorail was getting ready to leave. Half of us went ahead and got a seat while the rest came after.

We made it to the Magic Kingdom and unloaded. Of course, the fireworks/end of night crowd was making its way out, so it was super packed. We made our way to the bus stop and since they were at Riverside, we stopped at their bus stop and said our goodbyes. Their bus was already there so they needed to hurry. I waved bye and off we powerwalked to our bus stop, we looked and noticed there was already a bus waiting. When we got there, we were the last ones on so we had to stand at the front, which was fine with me. It was still early in the trip and my feet weren’t mad at me yet haha.

Call me crazy but I love the banjo and cricket music on the bus. It’s so cute and relaxing, if I was sitting, I would have fallen asleep ::yes::

With the new construction they were doing last year it only took about 10 minutes to get back to French Quarter. We hopped off and decided we needed to go get our refillable mugs before we forgot. I knew the new Pixar/Disney themed ones were out and I was looking at getting one of those. My Dad found the Mickey 90th anniversary mug and I liked it too but we usually try to get different mugs, but I said I don’t care and grabbed one to match his. We cashed them out and I guess my brain stopped working because I for the life of me couldn’t remember how to line my magicband up to the reader ha ha.

After several tried, I got it and we went to find an open machine to fill up. I grabbed fruit punch powerade and my Dad got caffeine free soda.

We made it to our room and opened the door to our luggage (yay). We unpacked a bit, took turns showering and I called my Mom and we talked about the day. After talking for about 30 minutes I dried my hair and got into bed. I set my alarm on my phone for 5:00 and I was asleep by around midnight.

I didn’t get a picture of my step count when I took off my apple watch but according to the app I had 12,001 steps.

Up next: Hollywood Studios, the birth of the Disney Shuffle, we witness a robbery, and Margaret makes a bad decision and loses her cell phone

So glad to see another father daughter trip with you and your dad!!! You guys are seriously the best! Can’t wait to hear more!!!

What a fun way to start- dinner at 'Ohana with your best friend! Love it! Your trip reports always make me tired, with your early mornings and late nights. I don't know how you do it! Can't wait to read more!

Hey everyone :wave: Where has the time gone?? It always seem like jumping back into trip reports in April and May are crazy.... trying to survive the last month of school is always the hardest it seems.
The last day of school here consisted of a tornado warning, hiding in the hallway for an hour and watching a movie...

It made for an interesting and eventful last day of school

My classroom was packed up I said bye to friends I wouldn't see for a while, at least until the next Disney trivia night (which is in a week) and said bye to my classroom until August

Now life consists of coffee, pajamas, netflix, and naps ha ha

Now I can finally work on this and perhaps work on planning a new Disney trip...
:rolleyes1

So glad to see another father daughter trip with you and your dad!!! You guys are seriously the best! Can’t wait to hear more!!!
Thanks! Now that I signed my contract for next school year there is another one in the works :)
What a fun way to start- dinner at 'Ohana with your best friend! Love it! Your trip reports always make me tired, with your early mornings and late nights. I don't know how you do it! Can't wait to read more!
Thanks! I was so excited to see my best friend :) My trips make me tired too haha. I look back at them and say man what was I thinking :faint:
I love your father daughter trips.:wave2:

Day 2 - March 17th - Hollywood Studios

My phone started singing “I’ve Got A Dream” at 5:30 and we were up and moving a few minutes later, ahh the first day of Disney when you’re not tired and full of energy.

I went to wash my face and put makeup on, and my Dad went to take a shower. Hollywood Studios was scheduled to open at 9 with EMH at 8. We knew we were wanting to join the masses of Toy Story Land so we wanted to be at the bus stop by 6:30ish.

I had been looking at the weather in the days leading up to departure day and I saw that there were going to be some higher chance of rain days and chilly mornings. Today being one of those days.

We walked out and said “goodness its cold” well that’s the edited version of it haha.

6:18 :) that’s not too shabby

We people watched and shared good morning’s as people walked by.
A bus showed up around 6:40, we all got on the bus and off we went.

We unloaded at HS a few minutes later and we wandered off towards the exit. I had heard that it was a forever walk away but thankfully it didn’t feel like it, but it was also early in the morning haha.

We got through security and in line by 7:05. We people watched and listened to conversations around us until they let us through at 7:40.

We revisted our fastpasses for the day:
10:30-11:30 Rock’n’Rollercoaster
4:05-5:05 Star Tours
6:05-7:05 Slinky Dog
And we had lunch at Mama Melrose at 11:35

The CM’s were starting to line up and talking amongst themselves until 7:50 then they started walking. Of course besides the CM right in front of us. Once they all got his attention the powerwalking began.

We kept getting bumped into and I kept looking behind me to make sure my Dad was there. He tells me later that some guy grabbed on to my backpack hook apparently. I didn’t feel it though

I switched and let my Dad get in front of me and I was in the back so his feet wouldn’t get kicked, besides me doing it haha

I hear my Dad telling someone next to him to calm down. The lady next to him on the other side thought he was talking to her and she kept saying she was trying to catch up with her family. He explained to her the guy next to him was pushing him and he was running into her and he didn’t want her to get mad at him. Once she heard his reasoning she was appreciative :blush:
We rounded the corner and went down the steps and thankfully made it down the steps without falling. We started getting more and more cramped as the road narrowed. When we rounded the corner into Toy Story Land the CM’s were telling us to start pulling to the right for Slinky Dog. That’s when traffic comes to a screeching halt and the Disney Shuffle begins haha. It’s that step step drag your feet small step dance you do when your in line :rotfl:::yes::

Eventually we made it to the entrance

This shows one minute before 8:00 too…

It was pretty much nonstop once we got in line, until we got to the loading area then we slowed down.

Wheezy, more like a cute little penguin :lovestruc

We were on Slinky Dog by 8:14 (thanks gopro time stamp)
The photo wasn’t working, I even emailed and asked and they said no sorry.
But it was a cute picture.

The video audio is me laughing and whooing and my dad saying a few bad words haha. But we loved it

We got off and said well see you again soon and made our way to the Swirling Saucers, it was posted a 10-minute wait.

I got a cute snapchat video on it and it was adorable. It was again me basically laughing and saying wheee the whole time.
But it was over in few minutes, but it was fun.

Afterwards we made a bathroom stop and then decided where to go next. Since it was 8:30 and we had nothing else to do we wandered off to Toy Story Mania since it was one of the few rides, we didn’t have a fastpass for and honestly if we miss TOT it’s not the end of the world to us haha.

Wait... we’re getting in a line with a 65 minute... who are these people ha ha

Again, we figured we had nothing planned until 10:30 and we would rather do this then witness Margaret have her annual anxiety attack waiting for TOT

We got in line and I started my stopwatch on my phone to see how long it would take.

By the time we were going down the stairs I stopped it. It said 30 minutes. Not bad at all. We were standing on the stairs talking about the wait time when the CM asked for a party of 2, yay that’s us.

We were on our way by 9:09

I wanted to get as close to 200,000 as I could.

Whoomp whoomp. Not even close

I’ll take best in vehicle though

We made our way to the exit where I stopped for a picture because that’s what I do

I matched the wall haha

It was around 9:30 and we had until 10:30 for our first fastpass so we decided to wander over that way and be able to walk and see some of the park instead of doing the Disney Shuffle.

And passing by the standby line for Slinky Dog already out to the entrance

Or not…

The first official photopass since the ride photo on Slinky Dog was down

We made it to Sunset Boulevard and found a bench to sit on for awhile and people watch.
We decided we needed some caffeine, so I went to find some. Took me awhile but I made it back with 2 sodas.

We finished our drinks and continued to people watch then decided to get going and stop for a photopass picture and bathroom stop before our 10:30 fastpass.

We were going to wander off to the a bathroom but got sidetracked by a new photopass spot and prop.

We made a bathroom stop and my Dad gave me his jacket and after some repacking I got everything in there.

We got to the fastpass entrance right at 10:35 and off we went. They said there was a hold up and someone people got out of the single rider line and left. We still had until 11:30 for lunch so I wasn’t entirely worried.

The hold up only took a few minutes before we were loading up.
I always say I’m going to smile in my picture, did I?

Nope. Maybe one day I will 🤦‍♀️

Afterwards we made our way over to Mama Melrose for an 11:30 lunch.
We were checked in and waiting by 11:15. Our name was called a few minutes later.

We were seated towards the back along the wall.
Our server came by and gave us bread and took our drink orders. I asked for a coke zero and some water. One to caffeinate one to hydrate :thumbsup2

I had looked over the menu beforehand and so had my Dad. When the server said the specials I decided to try the short ribs with risotto.

My dad went with spaghetti with no cheese.

The food was great. And I was stuffed. Looking at the dessert menu we had both decided to get the sampler.

Our server brought our deserts and some cannoli’s for celebrating our father/daughter trip.

We cashed in our table service credits, were given our tickets for fantasmic and off we went.
Since we had nowhere to go to until our next fastpass at 4:30 so we hit up the giftshop and looked at all the things.

But first.

Ok back to shopping. I grabbed some keychains and stickers and my dad grabbed a few keychains off his list.

We decided to find a bench and people watch since it’s one of our favorite past times.

Funny the snapchat filter gave me random eyes on top of my sunglasses ha ha

We were sitting and people watching when we saw a family standing with a map trying to figure out what to do next. The small boy, around 6/7 I would say, was holding his Dad’s hand and then he let go while the parents looked at the map. That’s when the little boy reached into his Dad’s pocket and pulled out the money in his pocket ha ha. He just pulled it out and the Dad didn’t even notice. It took about 3 minutes of the little boy playing with the money before they noticed it. The looks on their faces were so funny I couldn’t stop laughing :lmao:

We sat around for another half an hour then decided to make a move. We had a fastpass window opening soon so off to Star Tours we went.

The clouds were starting to roll in…

I made a bathroom stop and then we went on in as soon as our window opened.

The fastpass line was a walk on so this is the only picture I got

After our adventure we had an hour and some to burn before our last fastpass so we decided to grab a snack and make our way to Toy Story Land.
But first another snack
We had been eyeing the cookie Num Num so we wandered over to find one.

Mission complete

I got one for us to slpit and 2 waters.

It was yummy but way to much for both of us. Once we were hydrated and full of sugar we made our way back into Toy Story Land for our last go around on Slinky Dog.
On our way in unlike the morning we were able to actually look at our surroundings ha ha.

Again it’s nice to be able to appreciate it and not doing the Disney Shuffle

We stopped to people watch

And take a selfie to send to my Mom…

I sent it to my Aunt and she said “that’s more like your Dad” versus the nice picture of us from the morning
We found a bench to sit and relax for a while and charge our phones.

We helped a group of kids find an empty table so they didn’t have to stand
We decded to make a bathroom stop before our window opened
Well well look what we found…

He was parked right in the middle of the road which was super weird but we said thank you and off we went…

Our fp window opened and off to Slinky Dog we went.

Ha ha thanks Dad

Thankfully he recorded it or we wouldn’t have any picture.
We made our way to the enteracne and get ready for Fantasmic. Since it was early we found a sitting/people watching spot

I love just sitting and people watching

My Dad went to the bathroom and I watched the balloon girls sell balloons and take pictures. We were wondering how long they keep their arm up a day.

We decided to make our way down to find our seats

The closest we got to TOT this year, neither of us were overly depressed about it haha

We had great seats.

However these were the second set of seats we picked. We had originally gone to some seats 2 rows above. When we decided we would rather be on the end (makes for an easier exit) we moved down 2 rows.
We were talking about the sprinkles and the rain that was on it’s way when I said “let me look at the radar”
Reaching for my phone I stop and say “where is it??” oh no I can’t lose my phone!! :eek:
I frantically looked in all the pockets of the backpack and my pockets. I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown when I turned around and started looking everywhere.
That’s when I notice the guy that we were sitting next to waving his hand at me and pointing to my phone in his hand!
I broke the rules and jumped over the rows to him to get my phone (my Dad said the lady was yelling at me, sorry but I was having a nervous breakdown). He said “I looked down and realized it wasn’t mine, then I saw you looking worried about something”
Thank you sir for saving me :)

When I went back down to my Dad he informed me about the CM yelling at me, she continued to give me the stink eye the rest of the night. I honestly didn’t hear her yelling at me over the music and people talking and I was a little preoccupied.

I looked at the radar and boom a big green and yellow blob was headed our way.. ugh no rain please. Especially since that means Fantasmic will probably be cancelled.

I took a selfie to send my mom but we both look like a mess so I won’t traumatize you guys with it…
We kept debating whether or not it was going to start since the sprinkles were starting to pick up and it was becoming more of a shower then a spit.

8:30 rolls around and bam cue starting music. Then cut to all the lights on again… whoops.
The announcement said there were some difficulties and they didn’t know when it was going to start. So we looked at each other and said what do we do… do we chance it starting? Is the rain going to pick up and then them cancel it? Was there lightening? Did the computer crash?

My Dad said it’s up to you. So I (even though he says now that he agreed) decided to head out. I love Fantasmic but I’ve seen it a million times and I don’t want to sit in the maybe pouring down rain waiting for who knows how long for them to decide what is happening.

We got up and walked out :scared:

We got to the bus stop at 8:50 and that’s when we heard the music going. Guess it was only 20 minutes delayed. Man maybe we should have stayed. I felt horrible in line… did I ruin the night when we should have stayed? Is my Dad mad that I made him leave? Did he want to stay and watch it?
He was saying that it was fine and we have seen it a million times so it’s ok. But I still felt like ick :worried: :confused:

We got back to our room and I saw our first of many cute animals that the maid left.

I showered and called my Mom to tell her about my boo boo decision, she agreed and said it wasn’t a big deal but still…

I checked my step total for the day…

Only?... are we going to get to our 35,000 goal?

I posted this picture with the caption “Disney and hockey add coffee and bam you got a Margaret” my friend Tara commented “where’s the nearest Target?” She is my Chuy’s for taco salad lunch and Target friend… I commented back “blindfold me and I could probably find one”

We called it a night around 11:00 with an alarm set for 5:00 the next morning.

Up next: Animal Kingdom, this year’s trip report title is born, we break our standby wait rule for real, and an accidental matching

Whoa! Where has the time gone!? :wave2::eek: School started and life went from crazy to even crazier!! My principal is driving us all crazy, making us all stressed (causing my anxiety to go through the roof) and my friend is going through a lot. I have a good group of 4/5 year olds this year, but I always forget how hard the first few months of school are. I was talking to my best friend Gena the other day and she was talking to her dog and said "don't lick the table, don't lick the floor, and don't lick yourself" I told her I'm pretty sure I said those all in one day last week :laughing::laughing:
Basically I come home and take a nap.

It's been busy on the trip planning front too. As of today we have 3 trips planned:
-Disney for Christmas with my bestie Gena
-Vegas for a girls weekend plus Margaret goes to see Vegas hockey
-March Spring Break Disney with Dad again

So I need to get moving and back to finishing this off. I will do it no matter what. So lets jump back into this :)

Day 3 - Animal Kingdom - March 18

The morning started with an 5:00 alarm with the goal to be out the door around 6. We were only a few minutes late out the door but still within reason. We got to the bus stop and waited. I know we could use the app to see bus times, but we would be ready, and we thought we can sit and with our luck we’d fall back asleep and miss it all together. Plus, our tradition is to sit and wait for the bus and talk about our plans for the day.

Today’s plans were:
9:00-10:00 Kilimanjaro Safaris
10:45 Tusker House brunch
2:45-3:45 Flight of Passage
4:55-5:55 Everest

Animal Kingdom is going to be hoppin today.

The bus time kept pushing back 5 mintues everytime we looked up. The park opened at 8 with EMH but we knew we wanted to get there by 7:30 and join the Flight of Passage crowd.

The bus was loaded and on the way at 7. Well then…
We got to AK and powerwalked to the bag check.

We got to the entrance and the park was open and we were already moving. We mickey to mickey and followed the crowd.

We almost picked someone’s oneliner as our TR title.
The tree was in the distance and we were coming over the bridge and someone behind me asks someone “Where’s Pandora?” the other person in the party says, “I think it’s to the left”. Just follow the crowd people.

We Disney shuffled like a pro and saw Pandora in the distance and the road was starting to narrow. Last year it was dark when we were going through so we couldn’t see a think, this year dark but not as dark.

They double backed the line and someone behind us got mad because they were going in the wrong direction and the poor CM had to explain to them that we are in the Flight of Passage line and this is just to make for a smoother running line.

I can’t tell if that guy is yawning or in awe ha ha.

We saw more of the standby line this time which was new.

We got into the loading room and the people behind us said “You were in front of us yesterday at Fasntasmic” When I realized I did remember seeing their faces in the crowd I agreed the lady pointed out we missed Fantasmic and I replied with the face that I’ve seen it a million times so I didn’t feel bad. That’s when I realized it really wasn’t that big of a deal that we left. I felt a little less guilty.

We got off the ride and again I loved it. We exited the giftshop and thought about Navi River Journey but decided not to wait over an hour. So we decided to slowly wander over to our first fastpass.

Hey photopass

The photopass person said something that at the time was hysterial apparently.

But I can’t remember what it was

We made it to our fastpass by 9:30ish and saved ourselves a 65 minute wait

The lions were very photogenic today

We exited our safari and had about 45 minutes until our brunch reservation, so we wandered around to look at some things.
We wandered into the giftshop and I didn’t see anything that screamed buy me, so we kept moving.

Hey tree

My Dad never seems to look in exactly the right spot ha ha. He’s always a little off. Thankfully I can follow directions ha ha

We stopped to see Dug and Russel

More like I stood awkwardly in front of them ha ha

Said hi to Kevin

After our lap around the tree we made it back to Tusker House. It was 10:30 and we were a bit early so I stopped to see if I could check in and was told no and to come back at 10:45… ok that’s a first but ok. So we found a bench to sit and charge our phones.

We people watched for about 4 minutes before they called my name saying our table was ready. Wait what?
We packed up and followed the CM inside.

Our server came by, took our drink orders, and dropped of jungle juice.

A coffee and water for me and a soda for my Dad. We needed some afternoon caffeine.
We took turns to go get food

My Dad’s plate. Mr. No Low Carb got ran over by the Carb train this trip ha ha

My plate

We were eating when basically all the characters showed up at once

Daisy mid wave

With no Mickey in sight I went back to the buffet to grab one more plate.

Which apparently consisted of all carbs haha

I got back right as Mickey was coming around.

Clearly my Dad is still learning about centering people and making sure everyone is in the picture ha ha

Now that everyone had come to say hi we cashed out, I chugged my last cup of coffee and off we went.

With no real plans until our 2:45 fastpass we decided to wander off to do some window shopping and visit Pandora. Oh yeah and look around and take some pictures.
Photopass stop first though

We made friends with the photographer after we talked about standing in line and people looking at us and then proceeding to try and walk through us haha. She said it happens to her all the time.
We said thanks for our pictures and back to Pandora we go.

Or so we thought

Ok next stop

We got to Pandora and hungout for a bit.

But after 20 minutes of sitting we said lets go to Dinosaur instead. It showed a 65 minute wait but we would rather wait for a ride then sit. Plus it was starting to look a little rainy outside.

We made a bathroom stop and then got in line. We people watched, helped some little kid find his family (he sat on the floor and didn’t get up when they moved), and were nosy rosies and played charades along with the group in front of us.

My stopwatch showed 54 minutes by the time we got on the bottom step and were about to load on our timerover.

Oh hey dinosaur ha ha

When we got out of the ride the ground was a little damp and you could feel the humidity in the air. It was 1:30 and we had about an hour until FOP fastpass.

Pandora here we come :)
We found a spot outside of Satu’li Canteen near the beer cart and I went to grab us each a night blossom.

We had a great time listening to the CM at the beer cart interact with people. They would ask her “where is the bathroom” “where can I buy ice cream” and our favorite “where is pandora”. We kept laughing and the CM would look at us and laugh too. Apparently, those are the 3 most common questions she gets.

2:45 rolls around and off to FOP we go. We tapped our magic bands and saved ourselves a 205 minute wait.

We loved it like always. The kid sitting next to my Dad kept saying “I love this” and “this is amazing”
Which of course almost made me tear up. I just love hearing the excitement other people experience with Disney.
It was 4:30 and we had a 4:45 fastpass for Everest so off to Asia we go.

I love this bridge

We saw another photopass person with 1 family in line and since we had about 5 minutes until our window actually opened we stopped.

Ha ha I totally forced that smile

We mickey to mickey and I said “hmm lets see if anything else pops up for fastpasses”
Well by goly I lucked out and got a Navi River Journey at 7:15.

Everest was the best like always.

We were exiting the ride and decided we needed a snack. We both had the pulled pork fries from Flame Tree as a snack idea. We started walking through Dinoland over to Flame Tree and hear a woman on the bridge before Nemo say, “hey is that the Matterhorn?”. My Dad and I looked at each other, laughed, and said “that’s the other coast honey”

We got near Flame Tree, I placed our mobile order, and took a screen shot. We found the mobile order line and leaned on the wall waiting for our name to be called. After about 10 minutes I notice no one looking our way or making any orders. So, I pulled up my screen and my mobile order was completely gone from my screen all together. Welp that’s not good.
Another 5 minutes pass, I go lean on the corner, and 5/6 other people start showing up in line.
We all stand there for another 5 minutes before people finally start looking over at us. Then all the orders started getting filled. Goodness it’s never taken that long. Thankfully we weren’t in a hurry and there were lots of places to sit.

With food and soda finally in hand we found a table near the water with a view of Everest.

It was good though

The plan was to hangout for a bit then go back to Pandora. The breeze coming off the water made it a lot colder then we were prepared for.
Without enough layers we said lets go warm up. Pandora here we come.

We stopped for a picture.

The crowds weren’t as bad as I felt they were going to be.

Back in Pandora we said “lets sit and people watch” which is honestly one of our favorite things about Disney.

It was now when I stopped and said “hey my phone and my shirt match” apparently my sleep deprived brain didn’t notice it when I got ready this morning ha ha

Fastpass window opened and Navi time it was. The wait showed 60 minutes so a good use of a fastpass for something that personally we wouldn’t wait more the 20 minutes for. It’s nice but not more than 20 minutes worth.

We enjoyed our ride and I looked to see if there were any more fastpasses an hour and a half before the park closed. Nope nothing. That’s ok.

A nighttime photopass picture was on the list then heading back to the room early was the goal.

One last walk-trough and some pictures.

“Dad get out of my picture”

“Nope your still in my picture”

[
“thanks finally” Ha ha

We said goodnight to Animal Kingdom and off to the bus stop we go.
We ended up waiting about 15 minutes and only had 6/7 people in front of us. Bus jackpot!
Back in the room before 9:00!? I’ll take it anyday

Really only? I don’t know if we’ll hit 35,000 this year.

Since it’s a Disney tradition, I had some cookies and watched some tv.

After showers and phone calls to Mom we called it a night at 11ish with a 5:00am alarm set.

Up Next: EPCOT, matching shirts, fastpass wins, and a struggle bus

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter