• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Stitch’s Great Escape Closed Permanently

It was supposed to be permanently closed last year and they reopened for Christmas week and at times it was a 40 minute wait.

We got on it a few times Christmas week the 2 pre-shows are not that bad its the main part that isn't very good.

If they don't know what to put in there and haven't got plans yet just leave it open, nobody has to do if they don't want too.

I wish they would re-skin the Laugh Floor as a Stitch attraction. I think there is some actual potential there...or maybe I just really like Stitch, lol.

I can understand why people dislike it, if I look at it objectively. But DH and I have very fond memories of that ride from our honeymoon - so they may be rose colored glasses tinted, but I'm okay with that. I actually really hope they open it back up (like, this month please? we leave in 3 weeks!) cause my whole family LOVES Stitch like crazy and I don't care how crappy the ride is - we have an emotional attachment to it.

Aw darn. We liked Stitch! I have it in my TP, guess I better take that out.

And my kids loved that “carni area” at AK. Different strokes :laughing:

We did it on our first family trip about 6 years ago. Haven’t done it since. It was closed when we went last August and I kind of wish we could have done it one more time. I’m not sure why, but we were kind of sad that it was closed.

You didn't miss anything. It was, hands-down, the worst attraction WDW has had in the timeframe I have been going there as an adult (last ~15 years)

It was a lazy 'remodel' of the also-terrible "Alien Encounter" - which at least was supposed to be scary and unpleasant? I'm not a huge Lilo & Stitch fan, but he (it?) deserves something better than that dumpster fire.

Someone above said 'it was something to do' - I hope that was an example of 'damning with faint praise.' I would rather go walk laps around the parking lot.

I'd rather go to Stitch than Hall of Presidents or The (Mostly White Guys) American Adventure! Stitch was cute, just scary enough for the little kids (there were plenty of screams all the times we went) but not over the top scary like Alien. Why they thought Alien was a fit for MK is beyond me. Why they thought it was a WDW fit is beyond me - the scary crap can stay at Universal FAIK.

I think the Speedway is the worst attraction. Takes up too much space, it's loud, it's over before it gets started it's so short.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter