Is staying on property worth the cost?

Ok, didn't read all the replies. But for me, it's worth it! We stayed at the Grand Californian on our first trip, and this trip we decided to go for HoJo because of our budget. HoJo was Ok, nice, clean, comfortable.. but it has nothing to do with staying on site! We visited the Grand and almost cried!! DD12 was saying "oh mom, why you were so poor on this trip!". DH announced that if we don't stay at the Grand next time, we will not go (I'll settle for the DH though).
If you can do it, do it.

This is an old thread but I'll add my opinion. Usually no, and never for an entire visit *when we stay at a DLR hotel it's typically for 1 night *2 max* we've stayed at all 3, DLH is my favorite; however we typically shower, get ready and sleep in our rooms, we don't hang out there - as long as it's clean, comfy, within walking distance - the cheaper the better! $59 @ HoJo, that is a fantastic deal that we're taking advantage of again this Oct! $65 per night @ Stovall's Best Western this past Thanksgiving weekend, loved walking along Disneyland Dr *nicer/quieter than Harbor* and cutting through the Grand to get to the parks!

We have stayed on site seven times and guest hotels three times. I will recommend the disney hotels everyday and three times on sat. There is NO comparison. After our trip last month, I do not ever, ever plan on staying anywhere except a disney hotel. WORTH EVERY DIME...:cool1::cool1::cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter