• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Star Wars Dessert Party air conditioned?

Realgrumpy

DIS Veteran
We are going in August. I am back and forth between Star Wars dessert party or the Magic Kingdom dessert party. Air conditioning might help with my decision. :) Thanks!

I don't know the answer to your question, but most people seem to prefer the SW party. They say the food is much better, and with the addition of drinks, you get a lot for your money. If you don't drink, less so, but the food is still better. By reports, the viewing area isn't as good as the plaza garden though.

We are going in August. I am back and forth between Star Wars dessert party or the Magic Kingdom dessert party. Air conditioning might help with my decision. :) Thanks!
I did both in early September.

Happily Ever After - it was in an area with fans and high ceilings so while there was no A/C, there was still air movement. You could also sit down at tables, which was much appreciated after a day of touring! Desserts were very basic, but decent. The view and fireworks show were top notch! We also got spots along the back railing, so we could lean against it during the show. If we didn't get the dessert party in order to get a good view we would have needed to arrive much earlier and wait in the throng of people.

Star Wars - The building has A/C, so that is nice. But you are standing the whole time, which isn't as nice, as you may already be exhausted that day and just need to stay on your feet more. Desserts were fun and really good; drinks were also better and they had alcoholic options, which can be important to some people. The view was pretty much standing room only and was still pretty good. But the show wasn't as good (and that's coming from a huge Star Wars fan - not enough pyro). Also, people could walk up right before the show and pretty much find an equal view in the crowd nearby without paying $.

So, for me, HEA is better. I like to be able to sit and relax and I loved the show much more. I am doing the dessert party again this March and maybe will even do it another time in December. But I probably wouldn't do Star Wars again until they change up and improve the show.

The launch bay has A/C and the viewing area is outside, as other's have said. It's DEFINITELY worth doing once. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter