Is slinky dog less intense than the dwarf mine ride?

matt&jakesmom

DIS Veteran
I am not a big fan of roller coasters. I have gone on the dwarf and "survived". I didn't go on Slinky last year and my husband said it's not bad and that if I can handle the dwarf ride, I can handle Slinky. Just wondering to those that are not big roller coaster fans what their opinion is. And is better to sit in the front as opposed to the back because of motion sickness.

I like to describe the front few rows of Slinky as Mine Train level of intensity and the back few rows as Thunder level. If you can handle the Mine Train, the front of Slinky will be no issue.

One important difference is that Slinky Dog has a much less rigid (and non-leg-confining) seating system than 7DMT, which
can make Slinky a more comfortable ride experience, especially for adult riders.

I thought they were both comparable. As far as motion sickness goes, I get sick on just about any ride, is just pop a dramamine in the morning and sometimes one in the evening if I feel i need it. Works great for me.

I agree with those saying SDD is slightly more intensive. But I’d still call it a beginner roller coaster.

I would put them both in the same category of low level intensity with not much of a difference, but I would give Slinky Dog the slight edge.

According to my 6yo SDD is a lot more scary than 7DMT. While she’s looking foreard to go back on 7DMT, she vowed to never ride SDD again! I personally prefer SDD to 7DMT.

I went in thinking that it's TSL, so SDD must be tame. WRONG! I screamed all the way around, and laughed too. It was fun but completely unexpected! I thought I was going to fall out at the big loop, but I' m a chicken, so don't go by me:)

For me (and I have motion sickness)- I can do 7D lots of times but in the front.
But with SDD- the concept that you see the traditional track and it isn't built into a mountain- that is what gets me.
Also- do not sit on the left side- that is more intense.

My DS likes 7D and loves BTMRR. He was fine with only doing SDD once.

To me Slinky dog was a little more intense then mine train. My husband who doesn't like roller coasters loved them both!

My son gets sick on most things. He is "okay" on mine train and BTM, but he loves SDD. I think its less intense, but I seem to be in the minority.

My 2yo was willing to do SDMT again after his first ride. He was not willing to get back on SDD (we were there for EMM, so it was an option).

SDD seems faster but less curvy to me, SDMT has more quick drops where you immediately turn a corner, which for me are not as comfortable.

The big difference is that SDD has a launch-which in my opinion automatically makes it more intense. If you didn't like mine train, I'd skip Slinky.

I think I had high expectations for SDMT which left me underwhelmed. Whereas, I had low expectations for SD and it was better than I thought it was. I think I have to ride SD one more time, just to make sure but as of right now, I think I prefer SD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter