Is scooter rental before or after the entrance gates?

eeyoresbestfriend

Mouseketeer
My dad is coming with us this trip, and will need a scooter. For various reasons, he doesn't want one at the hotel, so will need to rent at the park. He has heard horror stories of scooters selling out, so he plans to be there early, but wants to know exactly where he needs to go to for the rental? Will the 30 minute early entry help? Thanks for any help, we haven't rented a scooter before!

My dad is coming with us this trip, and will need a scooter. For various reasons, he doesn't want one at the hotel, so will need to rent at the park. He has heard horror stories of scooters selling out, so he plans to be there early, but wants to know exactly where he needs to go to for the rental? Will the 30 minute early entry help? Thanks for any help, we haven't rented a scooter before!
Location differs in each park but it is always after security and tapping into the park.

As other poster said it is after gate. And they can be out very early. He will need a plan B in case they are out. Have seen them out before early hours ended as they are first there first served. Also you didn’t mention but if hopping having one at first park doesn’t mean you will always get one at second park. Also park one can not go past gate to help you to transportation at end of night

As others wrote, they are after Security and scanning into the park.
This is a screenshot of Magic Kingdom on the My Disney Experience app. The rental area is circled in red. The gates to scan in are marked with blue and Security with yellow
IMG_3424.jpeg

This is EPCOT. Rental area circled in red, gates in blue and Security yellow.
IMG_3425.jpeg

Hollywood Studio. Rental area red, gates blue, Security yellow.
IMG_3426.jpeg
Animal Kingdom. rental red, gates blue, Security yellow
IMG_3427.jpeg

My experience with the park scooters wasn’t great. After having two (or was it 3?) have issues in one day at Epcot, I ended up renting one from a local provider for the rest of our trip.

Cons: had to ride the bus.

plusses: knew I had a scooter, scooter didn’t break down, scooter went much faster than the turtle speed of the Disney scooter, was cheaper than daily rental.

Caveat: we were staying in a one bedroom and didn’t need the sleeper sofa, so our room was able to accommodate the scooter.

My sister used a park provided scooter for the first time this past January. She said they are harder to drive and not as adjustable as the scooter we typically get from Golds Mobility.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter