Is Remy Worth It?

mich723

Earning My Ears
At a $95 price tag for dinner, I find it hard to justify splurging that much on a meal.
When I cruise with Disney, on Pirate night, we choose to go to Palo and then head to fireworks after dinner. We greatly enjoy Palo, however, our last time at Palo we unfortunately had a waiter that was less than great.
So I've been looking into Remy. Reviews are both positive and negative on what I've seen online. I love the movie Ratatouille and love trying new places and new things, so that's why I'm leaning on checking it out.
I'm only going to choose one; not both. Despite the poor service last time, I love the food at Palo, but have never tried Remy. Is it worth it?

At a $95 price tag for dinner, I find it hard to justify splurging that much on a meal.
When I cruise with Disney, on Pirate night, we choose to go to Palo and then head to fireworks after dinner. We greatly enjoy Palo, however, our last time at Palo we unfortunately had a waiter that was less than great.
So I've been looking into Remy. Reviews are both positive and negative on what I've seen online. I love the movie Ratatouille and love trying new places and new things, so that's why I'm leaning on checking it out.
I'm only going to choose one; not both. Despite the poor service last time, I love the food at Palo, but have never tried Remy. Is it worth it?
I think it depends on how much of a "foodie" you are. I am not a foodie type (someone interested in fine dining for its own sake, interested in the ingredients used, in the method of preparation, the presentation, etc.), but rather am someone who simply enjoys eating good food once in a while. I personally did not feel that my Remy brunch was worth it, because there were few choices and they weren't things I would have selected. I much preferred Palo brunch and dinner, which both offered a lot of tasty choices. I did not do Remy dinner, however, which I've read at least offers two main meal choices (unlike the brunch, which had one set menu).

A lot of people rave about Remy and I'm sure it's great for them. It wasn't terrible for me, just not worth my time and money.

In a word, YES!

We've dined at many fine restaurants across the country where meals can easily exceed $300 without alcohol. Remy is as good or better than them all.

Well worth the up charge in our most humble opinion.

Martin

I think it's totally worth it. The food is very different than Palo. If you find it hard to justify the price, skip it. Really, it's personal preference :)

"Worth it it" is so subjective. It really depends what matters most to you on vacation and how you chose to spend your money. It's expensive (and remember you also need to tip the server and drinks are extra) but it is AMAZING if you are into high-end food and world-class service. It is not just a meal, but a 3-hour dining experience. No Dream or Fantasy cruise would be complete without Remy brunch and dinner; but, we love dining and food and just the whole French experience. The food is, for some, too "fru fru" with exotic ingredients and unusual preparations. Remy is definitely not a place for a picky eater or someone who does not like sauce or new flavors and textures. But if you love food, love to try new things, enjoy great service and a leisurely meal - Remy is an experience not to be missed!!

Last edited:
"Worth it it" is so subjective. It really depends what matters most to you on vacation and how you chose to spend your money. It's expensive (and remember you also need to tip the server and drinks are extra) but it is AMAZING if you are into high-end food and world-class service. It is not just a meal, but a 3-hour dining experience. No Dream or Fantasy cruise would be complete without Remy brunch and dinner; but, we love dining and food and just the whole French experience. The food is, for some, too "fru fru" with exotic ingredients and unusual preparations. Remy is definitely not a place for a picky eater or someone who does not like sauce or new flavors and textures. But if you love food, love to try new things, enjoy great service and a leisurely mean - Remy is an experience not to be missed!!

YES!!!! I wish I could love instead of just "like" this. LOL I 2000% agree!

Hard to say if it is worth it. My wife has no interest in dining at Remy. We do book at least on Palo brunch (an possibly a Palo dinner for each of the cruises that we go on).

I did do Remy once, when I did the inaugural Castaway Cay Challenge cruise in January 2015 and my wife was unable to take time off to cruise with my, so I ended up cruising solo. I was glad I did it once, by not sure if I would splurge on it again.

Hard to say if it is worth it. My wife has no interest in dining at Remy. We do book at least on Palo brunch (an possibly a Palo dinner for each of the cruises that we go on).

I did do Remy once, when I did the inaugural Castaway Cay Challenge cruise in January 2015 and my wife was unable to take time off to cruise with my, so I ended up cruising solo. I was glad I did it once, by not sure if I would splurge on it again.

That was my first Disney cruise!
I didn't know it was the inaugural Castaway Cay Challenge cruise at the time, until I met all these people with medals on board and it was a great experience!

Thank you all for your input. When I think about the price I do put into the back of my head about the tip and whatnot; even on poor service I always tip close to or more than 20%.
It's something to think about. I don't sign up for any of the dinners or excursions until October, but I'm a planner.

For us yes, enough so that we made reservations for Remy again on another cruise. When we sail on either the Fantasy or Dream again we most likely will make reservations for Remy again. As other have posted, once was enough for them.
If you're okay paying the additional charge, the only way to know for sure if it's worth it is to try it at least once. Hopefully you will enjoy it as much as my wife and me.

We have done the Remy dinner and the Remy brunch once each, on two different Fantasy cruises. We found the Remy dinner to be comparable to dining at Victoria & Albert at WDW, which we have enjoyed twice. The price for Remy is enough lower than V&A to reflect the fact we've already paid for a dinner in the cruise fare, so probably fairly priced in my opinion. Although the menu has two separate sections of suggested meals, we mixed and matched to try things from both sides. DW doesn't drink, but I was able to enjoy some wines by the glass chosen to accompany different courses without breaking the bank to purchase a full bottle. The Remy brunch was fine to experience once, but we much prefer the Palo brunch and do it every cruise. Since we mainly cruise on the classic ships, we have only limited opportunity to do Remy in any case.

For us, the cost of Remy is as much time as money. I'm sure I would enjoy it, but in deciding if it was worth it for us, we are just unwilling to devote 3 hours to a single meal when there are so many things we want to do (and only so much time in which to do them). If we had been on the Fantasy multiple times, we might try it.

For us, the cost of Remy is as much time as money

Totally agree. We have done Remy once and while it is an amazing dining experience, we probably would not do it again. For us, it was not about the money - but the amount of time.

Yes for one time. So you can say you done it. Probably never do it again as it's a lot of money for my blood and I don't like wearing a suit.

We almost always do Remy, and oftentimes wish we could do it more. "Worth it" is a relative thing and no two answers will be exactly the same. Only you can answer that question.

We did brunch at Remy and thought it was good and would do it once in a while, but really Palo brunch is a much better value in my opinion.

I don't see how Remy provides the dinner experience at such a low price for the world class dining. If you frequently dine at top end restaurants, you will savor eating at Remy. If you don't visit these restaurants because they are so expensive, and sometimes stuffy and even intimidating, Remy is none of those. An evening to remember.

Just as DCL is worth it for the quality of the cruise in so many ways, Remy is "worth it."

We almost always do Remy, and oftentimes wish we could do it more. "Worth it" is a relative thing and no two answers will be exactly the same. Only you can answer that question.

Totally agree with you. I know a multi millionaire that will think remy is not worth it and another couple who is in serious debt will have no problem going to remy and spend that kind of money.

I have only done brunch, not dinner, but I will echo what everyone else said - hard to say if it is "worth it" for you.

I dine out a lot for work, and IMO, for the quality of both the food and the service you get at Remy, $95 is a screaming deal. Since you said you like trying new things, perhaps trying the brunch first at the lower price point will make you feel more comfortable about giving it a shot?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter