Is "Race through New York with Jimmy Fallon" a must do?

Deanie1

DIS Veteran
This is new to me. How would everyone rate it? Is it a simulation ride or a roller coaster? We wil likely be there for 1.5 days but will spend quite a bit of time at the HP areas.

I really liked it. The preshow area was very interesting and very entertaining . As for the actual “ride” if you are not just familiar with the Jimmy Fallon show some of it will be lost on you. To be honest some of the prehsow area might be weird (aka Hashtag the panda ) if you aren’t familiar.

We really liked it .

It's a simulation: everyone sits in an auditorium-like setting that moves in front of a screen, like a more open version of Star Tours. I think the queue (which is more like a waiting room with entertainment) is really well done. If you're a fan of The Tonight Show I think it's worth doing. They use a return-time system, so we were able to get a ticket, go ride Mummy to pass the time, and then went right inside.

`Wow, I like the return time idea. Is this the only ride like this?
Yes...right now this is the only attraction that has this kind of return. As far as the ride goes...I think you should do it at least once. I rode it before it opened and not sure if I'll do it again. But...you should see if you like it.

My 12 year old son and I enjoyed this ride very much and we really didn't know much at all about the Tonight Show. The pre show entertainment is excellent with real people doing comedy, singing etc. I would say its a "do not miss" attraction for us.

You can also reserve a time using the App from anywhere on property. I reserved from my hotel just before leaving the room.

I downloaded the Universal app from Google Play for free. Just search for Universal Orlando.

In my mind one of the best family rides in the park. Great pre show and the screen technology is top notch. In my mind a must do.

My family really enjoyed this ride and with the reservation system it doesn't take a lot of time out of your day.

I'll also add that there are lots of outlets to charge your phone the the pre-show area. So another plus!

It's a one and done for me as well.

I would have liked to spend more time in the history of the show area -so I might go back for that.

Did not like the pre show at all - but I am not a Fallon fan so YMMV

This one is a one and done for me too.

The we used our Express Pass. The total time between entering, the pre-show and the theater was about 45min. The pre-show area was really nice, we got to sit and listen to the band play. Was it worth doing again, no.

We experienced it for the first time on our trip a few weeks ago, and it's the only ride we did twice. We enjoyed it. I think it's worth it to do at least once. The unique return time/waiting room experience is enough to make it a must do for me.

I don't understand why anything would be a one and done? I find this puzzling? You must have much shorter vacations. We go for 10-14 days. Even the rides that are less desirable get ridden a few times.

Have been on JF yet, but I'm sure we'll enjoy it.

I don't understand why anything would be a one and done? I find this puzzling? You must have much shorter vacations. We go for 10-14 days. Even the rides that are less desirable get ridden a few times.

Have been on JF yet, but I'm sure we'll enjoy it.

We ride everything multiple times......always have and always will :thumbsup2 I'm not keen on MIB but we do it numerous times every trip, so I know what you mean.

But this is a one and done for us too.........found it dull and not funny. Again, not JF fans at all but do know all about the show and the hashtag panda thing. We found it not worth doing again.

If I only had a short visit, I certainly wouldn't leave Potter area to go see it.......

We will have 17 nights this year and one was once too many. Won't do it again.

I should add, the building is lovely inside. We walked straight through though and had no wait whatsoever with EP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter