Is pin trading very expensive?

Nickymouse

Mouseketeer
My kids saw lots of people with lanyards last time we were at WDW and wanted to do the pin trading thing this year during our visit. I must admit, I don't even know how much 1 pin costs. I'm sure the rare ones can be quite expensive, but is this something they can do with their souvenir money?

The pins range from about $5 - $15. The ones sold at the pin stations are usually not rare unless they are a limited release. The CM's with lanyards trade and will probably help the kids. You can spend a small fortune if you want certain pins but just a few for the kids isn't very expensive.

If you are lucky enough to live near a Disney Store, keep your eye out for when they put some of the pins on sale. You don't always initially get the pins you want but, at 50-75% off the price it is a great deal. The best part is that the kids can trade these for ones they really do want.

You can also get the pins at either of teh outlet stores in Orlando. They are from the Disney Store and cost 3.99.

Wow! They are at the outlets too :o) I can go to the outlets in October and have a few new pins for Christmas for my kids.

If you are staying at a Disney resort check the gift shops for sale pins. Last March we were able to purchase discontinued Wilderness Lodge and Typhoon Lagoon pins for $1.99 each. We bought 6 for each of the kids and they used these pins to trade with the CM's in the park. They ended up getting 6 diffrent pins each for a fraction of what they would have cost if we had purchased them out right. THey really enjoy the interaction with the CM's and the hats they kept their pins on were a great souvenier.

Our store hasn't carried the pins for quite some time now. Do most others still carry them?

Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores on S R 535 [1 mile from WDW]
had trading pins for $1.99
Mickey,Minnie,Donald,Pluto are the ones I saw!!
And we used them to trade with Cast Members for any pin we wanted!!

A new series of pins will be sold at TDS starting on September 22nd. Five each week for the 100 years celebration.

We went to WDW last Dec. and I bought our DD's pins from a website called CheapPins2.com, they were a couple of dollars a peice. They had the Disney name on the back, but I had been warned to be careful about buying cheap knock offs, because the CM's won't trade for them. A CM at a pin booth complained about their country of origin, but because they were stamped with Disney he traded, none of the other CM's mentioned it.

In a word---YES!! and addictive, too!!! The pins start at about $6.50 a piece. Hope this helps!

Just got back last night, and my daughter had a great time pin trading.
We bought 2 packs of 5 animal kingdom pins for 18.00 each pack and she traded all
of those with CMs in the various parks, ended up with all the pins she
really wanted which would have been 6.50 each.
Animal Kingdom was on the only park that seemed to have this package deal.
She traded in all of the parks and also some of the hotels and had a great time.
Also at the Premimum outlet they had the 2000 Epcot ball (wanted this to go
with my monorail that goes around my Christmas tree) and inside was the
strap for pins and two special pins all for 5.99. Can't wait to go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter