Is Paying for Additional Housekeeping an Option?

Little E

DIS Veteran
Hi Disfriends!

DH and I are new DVC owners, having purchased VGF in April this year. We are taking our welcome home trip in March of 2023, and we'll have high school senior DS, DS's high school senior buddy, and perhaps our college aged DS, if his schedule permits him to join us in a 2 bedroom villa at GF. We're really excited!

Because we'll be staying on points, I know that we won't have housekeeping every day. Currently, is there an option to purchase daily housekeeping...because teen boys.:p If so, how do we do this?

Any info or advice would be fantastic! Thank you!

Can not pay for more housekeeping services. Not enough staff.
You can req more items. Do a few loads of laundry.
The key is to req items a day before you need them, stay on top of needs.

They will check in with you to take out trash etc. I would catch housekeeping in the hall and ask for anything I needed. More toilet paper etc. I was missing H2O body lotion in my studio, so I got that and I need more shampoo one day. VGF still had individual containers.

I believe they put it back in place that you can pay for the additional services a few months back.

It was suspended because of Covid and staffing but I think they have been able to restore.

When you go next year, just ask. If they are allowing you will simply be billed to your account.

You can get new towels as much as you want as well as other amenities like coffee and shampoo now without having an official cleaning.

Trash is usually emptied daily when they do the security check and on trash and towel day they will take away dirty towels and replace everything.

I believe they put it back in place that you can pay for the additional services a few months back.

It was suspended because of Covid and staffing but I think they have been able to restore.

When you go next year, just ask. If they are allowing you will simply be billed to your account.

You can get new towels as much as you want as well as other amenities like coffee and shampoo now without having an official cleaning.

Trash is usually emptied daily when they do the security check and on trash and towel day they will take away dirty towels and replace everything.
It is also my understanding that pay-for extra cleaning days started up again in March 2022. What I do not know is the current price if it has changed from pre-pandemic times.

The other workaround for this is to split stay, like change views halfway through or something, even change hotels. Downside is you have to move. Upside is new, clean room!

Or, you could just pay the $30 with a one second mouse click and be done with it.

Can one make this request online (and can anyone confirm extra housekeeping is actually available now?). I have a situation in December where I may want to put a family member in a unit and then move in myself after they leave, so I would want a full clean.

Has anyone requested additional housekeeping recently?

Have friends staying in the second bedroom of our suite for a few days then halfway thru the week that family leaves and my parents arrive. We did this exact thing in 2019 and it was easy peasy to schedule full services and fresh sheets on that day. Hoping I can do the same this coming January!

Hi all...OP here!

As a reminder, I am a DVC newbie and we are taking our welcome home trip at the end of March, in a 2 bedroom villa at GF. I forgot that I posted this last fall, and at the time, mousekeeping for DVC stays was on hold. Now that it appears that mousekeeping is pretty much back to pre Covid "normal", is it safe to assume that if we would like to pay for additional mousekeeping, this is an option for us? If it is, how does this work, exactly? Can I pay for one day, pick certain days, or is it an all-or-nothing (meaning pay for all the days we are there) situation? Do I need to call MS to arrange this before we arrive?

I am traveling with DH, DS 21, DS 18, and DS's buddy (17), so...boys=yuck. :rolleyes:

Any advice about how to navigate this would be awesome; this is all new territory for us. And, certainly, my boys are CAPABLE of keeping things relatively tidy, but I would prefer to not have to nag everyone to pick everything up and keep things clean. Originally, I was planning on asking for extra towels and doing extra loads of laundry, which is fine if that's what I have to to do. But, it would be heaven to return from the parks to a clean space. That's part of the vacation for me.

Thanks so much!

If the service is available again, you would call housekeeping from the in-room phone to schedule it. You would need to call at least one day prior to the date you would like the room cleaned.

I would req several boxes of laundry detergent. Do a load each night or every other day.
Let it wash towels, sheets when at park or sleeping.

Also if you are doing cooking, stay one meal ahead of kitchen items you may need. HK will bring you items , just not quickly.

Hi all...OP here!

As a reminder, I am a DVC newbie and we are taking our welcome home trip at the end of March, in a 2 bedroom villa at GF. I forgot that I posted this last fall, and at the time, mousekeeping for DVC stays was on hold. Now that it appears that mousekeeping is pretty much back to pre Covid "normal", is it safe to assume that if we would like to pay for additional mousekeeping, this is an option for us? If it is, how does this work, exactly? Can I pay for one day, pick certain days, or is it an all-or-nothing (meaning pay for all the days we are there) situation? Do I need to call MS to arrange this before we arrive?

I am traveling with DH, DS 21, DS 18, and DS's buddy (17), so...boys=yuck. :rolleyes:

Any advice about how to navigate this would be awesome; this is all new territory for us. And, certainly, my boys are CAPABLE of keeping things relatively tidy, but I would prefer to not have to nag everyone to pick everything up and keep things clean. Originally, I was planning on asking for extra towels and doing extra loads of laundry, which is fine if that's what I have to to do. But, it would be heaven to return from the parks to a clean space. That's part of the vacation for me.

Thanks so much!
Just remember that if you do the extra cleaning I don't believe you can request a specific time. A 2 BR is going to take a long time to clean so you will have to be out of your room during that time. I would also assume (but could be wrong) that a room that is being cleaned where the occupant is not changing would be given a lower priority than one they are trying to switchover to a new occupant. So, you could get back from the parks at 3:00, get a knock on the door at 3:30 and have to be out of your room for a couple of hours.

Personally, I'd rather wash the towels or sheets myself......

KI like the option of requesting additional housekeeping.

Does anyone know the cost?

Before you pay for additional housekeeping, lt me tell you our experience. Before we joined DVC, the lack of daily housekeeping was a big reason we stayed away. But once we learned we could pay for daily housekeeping, we toured and joined. But we were sure we'd pay for daily housekeeping. Wouldn't you know, on our first visit we forgot. But we found we actually liked it, much to our surprise. Since then, in 21 years of ownership, we've never wished we had extra housekeeping.

Before you pay for additional housekeeping, lt me tell you our experience. Before we joined DVC, the lack of daily housekeeping was a big reason we stayed away. But once we learned we could pay for daily housekeeping, we toured and joined. But we were sure we'd pay for daily housekeeping. Wouldn't you know, on our first visit we forgot. But we found we actually liked it, much to our surprise. Since then, in 21 years of ownership, we've never wished we had extra housekeeping.
I just want the option in case my wife feels we need it.

Hi Disfriends!

DH and I are new DVC owners, having purchased VGF in April this year. We are taking our welcome home trip in March of 2023, and we'll have high school senior DS, DS's high school senior buddy, and perhaps our college aged DS, if his schedule permits him to join us in a 2 bedroom villa at GF. We're really excited!

Because we'll be staying on points, I know that we won't have housekeeping every day. Currently, is there an option to purchase daily housekeeping...because teen boys.:p If so, how do we do this?

Any info or advice would be fantastic! Thank you!
Tell them you don’t want house keeping in the room and they will offer to do it for free everyday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter