Is parking free at BLT?

disprincess2213

DIS Veteran
We are DVC/AP who always use Disney transportation but this time, we are staying in a 2BR at BLT with family who will have a car. Since weve never had to park, we need to know now how parking works while staying. Is it free to park? WIll they need a pass? Thank you!!

We are DVC/AP who always use Disney transportation but this time, we are staying in a 2BR at BLT with family who will have a car. Since weve never had to park, we need to know now how parking works while staying. Is it free to park? WIll they need a pass? Thank you!!
Parking is free for resort guests. Passes are no longer issued. It’s all done through the Magic Bands now. So as long as they are on the reservation you should have no problems.

Parking is free for resort guests. Passes are no longer issued. It’s all done through the Magic Bands now. So as long as they are on the reservation you should have no problems.

Great! We arrive in one week and they were JUST added in this morning and do not have a magic band (we have ours) but they are only joining us for a day. When they pull into the resort, can they just show their ID to the guard and tell them the room number?

Great! We arrive in one week and they were JUST added in this morning and do not have a magic band (we have ours) but they are only joining us for a day. When they pull into the resort, can they just show their ID to the guard and tell them the room number?

As long as their name is on the reservation there should not be a problem, but they would probably have to give your name also and room number. We were there Christmas week and our son's friend who is local was going to stop over one evening to visit us. I asked the front desk if there would be an issue with him coming thru and parking for a few hours. We were told to just have him tell the security person in the booth that he was visiting such and such family in room number whatever. He had no problem whatsoever, and this was the busy Christmas week. I admit I was a little surprised...I figured they would make him valet the car at the Contemporary.....although there was still plenty of parking at BLT even during this busy time, although most open spots were closer to the tennis courts than the lobby. Enjoy your stay....we love it there. Oh...if they want to go in and out of the parking lot it would be easier if they had a magic band....the back up at the booth can get crazy.

As long as their name is on the reservation there should not be a problem, but they would probably have to give your name also and room number. We were there Christmas week and our son's friend who is local was going to stop over one evening to visit us. I asked the front desk if there would be an issue with him coming thru and parking for a few hours. We were told to just have him tell the security person in the booth that he was visiting such and such family in room number whatever. He had no problem whatsoever, and this was the busy Christmas week. I admit I was a little surprised...I figured they would make him valet the car at the Contemporary.....although there was still plenty of parking at BLT even during this busy time, although most open spots were closer to the tennis courts than the lobby. Enjoy your stay....we love it there. Oh...if they want to go in and out of the parking lot it would be easier if they had a magic band....the back up at the booth can get crazy.

They still will admit people in just with an ID - the magic band is not a requirement.

I once had a dining reservation at the Contemporary. I had a local relative join us for the meal. She had no trouble parking.

They still will admit people in just with an ID - the magic band is not a requirement.

Yes, you are correct....however, I should have been more specific. If you have a magic band you can bypass the guard shack interaction and use the side with the automatic gate that only works if you have a magic band (or card) that has a BLT or Contemporary Resort room reservation on it. Last week the line of cars checking in with the guard spilled out onto the main road...a dangerous situation, especially when it is "changing of the guard time" (when cast members are coming and going at shift change to the back of Magic Kingdom). Makes things a bit easier when you can squeeze by and use your magic band to open the gate.

We also received a paper parking pass to place in our windshield when we checked in with the guard at the beginning of our reservation at BLT. When I asked for a new one when our reservation shifted to a one bedroom, the front desk said we didn't need one. :confused3

We didn't get a parking pass at OKW last week. We just used our Magic Bands. When we visited other resorts, we used our magic bands, but had our DLs available if they wanted to see them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter