Is parking at the Poly a problem?

If I’m being totally honest, none of the things you describe bother me other than the parking. I’m a stay at home mom to a 2 year old boy...I’m used to loud (we go to music class, Children’s museum, zoo, cousins houses, etc.).

Due to the parking cost, this is probably going to be our last onsite stay. I’ve stayed everywhere else I want to and have always been interested in the Poly. I got a 20% discount from a TA for October and was so excited and am slowly becoming less and less thrilled about this trip.

Be excited! If those things dont bother you, you will have a wonderful time. The same issue with the car in the lot is also the same issue with a chair/lounger by the pool. Maybe its just because Im older now and a little more cranky, I dont tolerate things as well I used to :) You WILL have a wonderful trip. Disney as a whole is wonderful, especially with small children who are just amazed by everything. Enjoy your vacation and make wonderful memories with your family :)

Really?? How do they get in? I know there’s a locked gate that you have to use your magicband for...do people just piggyback?

People get in because other people hold the gate open for them. The only time I ever saw a CM scanning MBs was over the 4th of July holiday. That said, the Poly is our favorite resort with the BC being a close second. You will have a great time!

Really?? How do they get in? I know there’s a locked gate that you have to use your magicband for...do people just piggyback?
Yes, it's very easy to piggyback. We stayed there in July 2016 and that volcano pool was people soup, and we never needed to actually use our Magic Bands to get in. This was a split stay with Yacht Club. When we transferred to Yacht Club and went to use Stormalong Bay, there was no crowding at all, and wouldn't have been even if you controlled for the larger size of the pool. The big difference? A CM was always stationed to actually scan the MBs of guests entering Stormalong Bay. No non-resort guests there, so no crowding.

So realize that some of those non-resort guests parked in the Poly lots for free are there to illegally use the Poly's pool...

So realize that some of those nonguests parked in the Poly lots for free are there to use the Poly's pool...
For me those cars were few and far between. Most of the non resort pool guests were coming off the monorail, taking a swim / rest break mid day from the magic kingdom. Coinsidentally, the smae time I wanted to take a break and get off my ffet for a bit...but sadly no loungers were available...or maybe one here or there, but for my family of 5, definitely not enough to even share a couple. And the umbrella tables...forget it. If youre not sitting out there at 8am, youll never get one....not to mention the towel holders...

Ahhh...domt even want to think about the money I wasted there over the years. YC was better, but still looking for that one resort to WOW me the way the Poly used to. Im starting to think those days are gone.

Ahhh...domt even want to think about the money I wasted there over the years. YC was better, but still looking for that one resort to WOW me the way the Poly used to. Im starting to think those days are gone.
A lot of things have changed for the worse recently, it's true. I'm quite glad that my son's prime WDW years are over. Not to say that it's not worth visiting or that we won't have any good trips in the future, but my expectations are lower now that Wishes is gone, EMH and 60-day FP privileges are being shared with several offsite hotels, you can't feel really secure from intrusions in your own resort room anymore, etc.

On our last WDW visit we got an ADR for breakfast at the Poly.
My Son in Law and I drove around the parking lot for a full forty five minutes after the girls went inside until we lucked into a spot just as the previous car was pulling out.
We still had a half hour wait for our table.

We are driving from CT to the Poly 4 months from today. We are arriving in the evening. DH is going to flip if he doesn’t have a parking spot for our car. We won’t be using it at all during the week. So we only need one spot on check in day.

We are driving from CT to the Poly 4 months from today. We are arriving in the evening. DH is going to flip if he doesn’t have a parking spot for our car. We won’t be using it at all during the week. So we only need one spot on check in day.

July ?? Hahaha Good luck!

But...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !!!!

If I’m being totally honest, none of the things you describe bother me other than the parking. I’m a stay at home mom to a 2 year old boy...I’m used to loud (we go to music class, Children’s museum, zoo, cousins houses, etc.).

Due to the parking cost, this is probably going to be our last onsite stay. I’ve stayed everywhere else I want to and have always been interested in the Poly. I got a 20% discount from a TA for October and was so excited and am slowly becoming less and less thrilled about this trip.
I responded to you on the Poly thread but thought I would here too.

This summer will be our third Poly stay and we have also visited to eat. We have never had an issue with parking.

I don’t doubt other people’s experiences but we have always found parking. We don’t drive our car every day but will use it a few times each trip.

Maybe it depends on time of day. It seems most of the problems have been in the evening time.

The Poly is a wonderful, relaxing resort and it is one of our favorites. I wish you a wonderful trip!

I responded to you on the Poly thread but thought I would here too.

This summer will be our third Poly stay and we have also visited to eat. We have never had an issue with parking.

I don’t doubt other people’s experiences but we have always found parking. We don’t drive our car every day but will use it a few times each trip.

Maybe it depends on time of day. It seems most of the problems have been in the evening time.

The Poly is a wonderful, relaxing resort and it is one of our favorites. I wish you a wonderful trip!

OT, but I'm being hypnotised by your monorail animation! :bitelip: It's awesome!

I can't believe they aren't charging nonresort guests to park in those lots. Pretty outrageous now that guests have to pay...

It seems like they got it all wrong, they be should charging non-resort guests. But all those there for dining or resort hopping would likely get there using Disney transportation.

We've stayed at the Poly (Moorea) twice, and always found plenty of parking near Pago Pago. It's not that far from GCH.

Love the Poly! We stayed there the past two Augusts and we've never had a problem finding a parking spot. I certainly don't doubt others that do have problems finding spots though. A lot of it is luck and timing. And I will be peeved when I pay to park and can't find a spot.

FWIW, we've never found the pools at the Poly to be overcrowded either. We've always found spots to sit and relax compared to Stormalong Bay at the Beach and Yacht Club which have been a nightmare for us.

No one has ever tried to sneak in behind us. It's not that crowded, it's not like there's people trying to entering the gates every second.
The feature pool is very crowded in summer. There's no need to act sneaky to be able to walk in a door right behind someone else. People do it every day in real life.

The feature pool is very crowded in summer. There's no need to act sneaky to be able to walk in a door right behind someone else. People do it every day in real life.

it would be very obvious at either gate for the pool at the Poly if someone was waiting to get in. The front gate is down a set of stairs and set back and the back gate is rarely used. They do also have CM's looking for those looking for people without magic bands and I have seen people asked to leave during the fireworks.. but it was very obvious they just walked in as the ran down the stairs to stop the gate as it was closing... I am not saying it does not happen as it does at every resort but it is by far not a lot of people... I have never found the pool overly crowded at the Poly and if I did there is another really nice pool that has everything the main pool has minus the slide and kids area.

I think it's very overrated. It's pool is often crashed by nonguests, as well.

The pool is not as much of an issue anymore now that they locked the gates. the pool was not even full at anytime during our stay two Junes ago which was a big change from years past. Plus they redid a really nice pool making that desirable so not everyone is crowded.

We didn't have parking issues but we parked on the DVC side. However we visited during the holidays and the whole place was a mess. All of the monorail resorts have lines out the door (we were staying GF and glad we brought our car) because people are visiting the resorts and the security is a mess there. They were turning down people to park and visit and the parking was limited. This was December.

The pool is not as much of an issue anymore now that they locked the gates. the pool was not even full at anytime during our stay two Junes ago which was a big change from years past. Plus they redid a really nice pool making that desirable so not everyone is crowded.

We didn't have parking issues but we parked on the DVC side. However we visited during the holidays and the whole place was a mess. All of the monorail resorts have lines out the door (we were staying GF and glad we brought our car) because people are visiting the resorts and the security is a mess there. They were turning down people to park and visit and the parking was limited. This was December.
is there something to keep out NON dvc people from parking there. how hard is it finding spots DVC side normally? thanks

It seems like they got it all wrong, they be should charging non-resort guests. But all those there for dining or resort hopping would likely get there using Disney transportation.

We've stayed at the Poly (Moorea) twice, and always found plenty of parking near Pago Pago. It's not that far from GCH.
is the dvc kept for only dvc guests? we're going in sept and I'm in a panic over this parking issue. we are staying dvc btw. thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter