Is Park Vue worth 50 bucks more a night than Desert Inn & Suites?

Twinkletoesjohnson

Mouseketeer
I’ve pretty much lost my mind and currently have 3 room reservations for the last weekend in March. Now that I have secured both Park Vue and DI&S, I’m going to cancel our res at Candy Cane Inn ( we just really prefer being at the crosswalk, especially since we’ll only have 2 full park days.) DI&S is 50 bucks a night cheaper but I know folks on this board really love Park Vue. We won’t be driving so parking fees aren’t part of the equation.

It’s me and my 2 adult daughters traveling. Desert Inn has 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa, Park Vue just 2 queens. $150 is a decent savings and I like the idea of not sharing beds. Park Vue looks a little nicer though. I haven’t stayed at either and would welcome any advice!

For $50/night difference, I'd go with the Desert Inn & Suites, especially since it is better for your needs with the additional sleep surface. You also sound like you're going to be spending very little time in the room aside from sleeping and showering.

I have spent a night at the Desert Inn and it was perfectly adequate, although I do prefer Park Vue Inn.

Park Vue will store luggage behind the front desk, but Desert Inn does have large, coin-operated lockers for that purpose.

I've never stayed at Park Vue.

DIS is just fine.. a motel like any of the others, IMO. I don't care for their breakfast (seems to be all cold items) as much as some other places but I'm usually about closeness first and then money, so I'm sure I'd save my $50!

We stayed at Desert Inn for a week on our first trip to DL and it was fine. The breakfast was simple, but it was fast and free! When we go back, that's where I plan to stay again. I personally would save the money and use it in the parks.

Another vote for DI&S - if you are anything like us you really don't spend that much time in the rooms anyway - better to put that $$ towards other things or just in your own pocket. Plus you have the option for a bed each - if someone doesn;t mind the pull out sofa. My family stayed at DI&S for 11 nights and would stay there again.

DI&S!! Haven’t stayed at park vue but We did stay at DI&S for 3 nights last summer and loved the extra space! There were 4 of us in the room and the area with the sleeper sofa has a door for privacy. I put DD and SIL with DS 12 in the main room and I took the pull out. I could watch TV, read, whatever without bothering them. Breakfast was just OK but sufficient to get us to lunch. Super convenient to the parks. I don’t think you will be disappointed.

We have stayed at the PVI more than a dozen times but last weekend was our first time at DI&S. I can't comment on the DI&S breakfast, as we brought breakfast food from home. The PVI's breakfast is decent although I've heard they recently stopped serving their hot items (microwaved bacon, sausage and omelets). I would agree with the previous posters who recommend choosing the DI&S. Firstly for the savings: We purchased MaxPass this trip and it was amazing. MaxPass for the 3 of you would be $60/day, which would be covered by staying at the cheaper hotel. Having MaxPass is MUCH better than spending the extra money on PVI. Secondly...we didn't really notice any huge differences in the quality of the hotel (other than preferring the PVI's parking lot which wouldn't affect you). We had a room with two queens and a pull out bed in a second (very small) attached room. That room set up alone puts the DI&S ahead of the PVI. Our 18 year old son was able to have his own bed and room, and it provided an extra space for changing clothes other than the bathroom. When asked about the comfort of the pull out bed, he said it was fine and doesn't recall feeling any of the bars or framing while sleeping (although he's not really picky). Our queen beds were firm and very comfortable - we slept great. We spent more time in our rooms than in the park. If we were going to be spending a lot of time at the pool, I think I'd prefer being at the PVI's, since it's outside (DI&S's pool is indoor). When booking our next trip, we'd likely select DI&S again for savings and the extra room/pull out bed. Good luck deciding and have a great trip!

If you aren't fussy about where you lay your head at night, then DI&S all the way. It's close, cheap, and comfortable enough. I like the beds better at PVI, but they aren't $50/night better, and after walking 13 miles all day, I can sleep on just about anything softer than a bag of porcupines. The rooms at DI&S feel darker, however I'm not there much in the day, a brighter room at PVI isn't worth an additional $50 to me. The breakfast at DI&S is pretty basic, and in the past PVI's breakfast was better; but not $50 better.

End result: I loved my stay at PVI, but not $50 a night more.

Just curious. Does this include parking? I've noticed that 'some'
hotels are charging for parking now.

Just curious. Does this include parking? I've noticed that 'some'
hotels are charging for parking now.
The DI&S charges $15 per night to park. When we pulled in, we saw a sign saying parking was $15.00 but it was wrapped up in the cost of the room when we booked (so we didn't have to pay for parking separately). The PVI includes parking with their room rates, so you won't see a separate charge for parking. But their nightly room rates tend to be higher. We paid less at DI&S even after the parking fee was added. The PVI has a larger lot, and we've never had a problem finding a spot (though not always near to our room). The DI&S has a much smaller lot. It was full when we arrived, so we were directed to unload and then use their free valet parking. The parking attendants were very helpful and parked our car in their underground lot. They were also quick to get our car when we checked out very early in the morning.

Correct me if I’m wrong but if you don’t have a car at DI&S, I believe you can ask for that daily charge to be removed. This was certainly the case last year.
So it may work out to be another $15 per night cheaper. Worth asking.

I'd choose DI&S. I've stayed there many times, and once at PVI. I honestly didn't see much to prefer with PVI, but as I said, I only stayed once and it was a few years ago. They had a slightly better breakfast but they've changed it since then (I heard no more hot items) so I don't know how they compare, but honestly I don't like motel breakfasts anyway so that's not much of a deal breaker for me. I like the extra sofa bed room at DI&S, but do aware that it doesn't have its own AC so if you're going when the temps are high, it will be warmer than the rest of the room if the door between the sofa bed area and the other beds is closed. Anyway, we like the sofa bed room because we use it for suitcases, separate hang out area, and an extra place to get ready. I was miffed about the coin locker for luggage but it really wasn't a big deal and they're quite large. It's actually easier to get your suitcase than to wait for someone inside to go and find your luggage in a storage room and you don't have to tip.

Your call. PVI is nicer, marginally closer, has thicker walls, and has a better breakfast. If that's worth $50 more a night to you, then go for it. But Desert Inn and Suites is perfectly fine for the most part.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter