Is Our October Vacation Going to be More Crowded?

We were supposed to be at Disney starting today...we rescheduled for the end of October. October is busy any way but I suspect there will be overflow from those of us who were going down this week.

There was limited availability when we booked in Apr. for mid-Oct. I'm going with Oct. will be busy no matter what. If it's overly crowded like 9/10 crowds, hopefully our plan of parks in the morning, mid-day break, and going back in the evening will ease the feeling of that.

I was booked 9/10-9/15. Now I am going 9/30-10-5

See ya there :wave:

But yes I agree with others October was already gonna be busy hence the very limited discounts (yep I paid rack rate) and the difficulty that has presented in changing my reservation. I am booked at Pop 10/1 to 10/7 and I wanted a refurbished room but no preferred rooms are have been completed so I figured I'd switch to a standards room-I had to check my dates for weeks before a standard room opened up for my dates. At that point I knew that it was going to be busy so there likely wasnt that many more rooms sitting open for people to move to so really whats a handful more people when there are already so many. at a certain point you just have to say the more the merrier

See ya there :wave:

But yes I agree with others October was already gonna be busy hence the very limited discounts (yep I paid rack rate) and the difficulty that has presented in changing my reservation. I am booked at Pop 10/1 to 10/7 and I wanted a refurbished room but no preferred rooms are have been completed so I figured I'd switch to a standards room-I had to check my dates for weeks before a standard room opened up for my dates. At that point I knew that it was going to be busy so there likely wasnt that many more rooms sitting open for people to move to so really whats a handful more people when there are already so many. at a certain point you just have to say the more the merrier

We'll be there the 3rd to the 7th - i'm not too worried, i'd rather be at WDW on a busy day than at home lol

Sept 29-Oct 4...I know it seems selfish to be worried about it, but this is our first during the school year trip and we have my in-laws with us. The hope was that it wouldn't be as crowded as we are used to... :( .

We were supposed to be at Disney starting today...we rescheduled for the end of October. October is busy any way but I suspect there will be overflow from those of us who were going down this week.

Don't forget that that week is the week prior to the Wine and Dine Half-Marathon weekend too (if you're going the week beginning the 28th) so it will be even crazier.

Actually the week of 10/28 to Thursday 11/2 has crowd levels on touring plans of 5, 4 and then all 2s!
10/28 is higher, then low and then it gets high again on the Friday 11/3.

Actually the week of 10/28 to Thursday 11/2 has crowd levels on touring plans of 5, 4 and then all 2s!
10/28 is higher, then low and then it gets high again on the Friday 11/3.

Remember that those calendars are for normal years when people who were planning on Halloween celebrations have rescheduled because of Irma. A lot of people (and I'm seeing this in our cruise as well) choose the week of 10/28 now because they'll get to be there for the actual Halloween day. This year will most likely be an anomaly and will be crowded. I'll be very pleasantly surprised if it's not.

I've used those touring plans before and they've been all over the board. I've seen 150 minutes on Seven Dwarfs when there was supposed to be a 2 and I've virtually walked right on to Peter Pan when it was a 5.

We'll be there September 29 -October 7. This is a rescheduled trip from Irma, as initially we were going to be down there September 9-16.

Remember that those calendars are for normal years when people who were planning on Halloween celebrations have rescheduled because of Irma. A lot of people (and I'm seeing this in our cruise as well) choose the week of 10/28 now because they'll get to be there for the actual Halloween day. This year will most likely be an anomaly and will be crowded. I'll be very pleasantly surprised if it's not.

I've used those touring plans before and they've been all over the board. I've seen 150 minutes on Seven Dwarfs when there was supposed to be a 2 and I've virtually walked right on to Peter Pan when it was a 5.

I choose to be optimistic. ::yes::

I choose to be optimistic. ::yes::

Oh, I'm optimistic. I'll be there the week before Halloween week and the week after. I expect Saturday and Sunday the week after to be a zoo, given the half marathon, but I'm hoping people will go home after that.

Oh, I'm optimistic. I'll be there the week before Halloween week and the week after. I expect Saturday and Sunday the week after to be a zoo, given the half marathon, but I'm hoping people will go home after that.

We are there 10/25-11/3. Even if it's crowded, it's nice to have a longer trip to get things done! :)

Have an awesome trip, let's hope the crowds and weather cooperate...but mostly weather!

We have been going in October since 2005. The crowds have been increasing noticeably. That being said I still love October trips. The weather is usually fantastic ( one year had a couple of 90 degree days but generally mild with very little rain).

Get to the parks before rope drop and plan your fastpasses wisely. Use a good touringplan and you will have a great trip!

I wonder if this means they'll sell more Halloween party tickets than usual. It's seem like the parties are more and more crowded each year and with Irma and people rescheduling I wonder if they'll try to pack as many people in at the parties.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter