Is one Disney Park worth the $$$$

busymomma123

DIS Veteran
We are taking a RC cruise in October. We can fly into Orlando the day before we leave and arrive at MCO at 8:13 a.m. We would love to spend the day at HS or another park that day and even stay at a Disney resort that night, then arrange for transportation to the Port for Sunday. One day tickets for five people are costly. For the people who have done this, would you do it again? Can you take ME for a one night stay or do you have to book a package of more than one day tickets?

Yes, 1 day tickets are ridiculously expensive. By the time you get to day 5, you're paying $10 extra per day, so they definitely price it to encourage you to stay longer. As for which park is worth it for one day, you won't get any consensus on that. My vote, in order, is Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios. I love Epcot but am not sure the one day ticket price is worth it. I would come back on a separate trip and stay at least four days to make the ticket price 'worth it.' All of this is just my opinion and 'worth it' is always a relative definition.

No, not for our family. $500+ for one day. Don't think so. We either do a cruise, or Disney. To mix a day of Disney into your cruise vacation adds a lot of extra cost, and it also changes the vibe of the trip somewhat. (at least it would for us). We keep them separate.

Dan

Check if that night is a party night. Not sure when your trip is. Halloween or xmas. Somewhat cheaper and you cAn get in starting at 4pm. For a family of 5 saving over @125. Single day park prices hurt.

Would be a no from me. Going to Disney world is an experience that I believe needs to be done for at least 3-5 days at a time

Going for one Day is a tease and doesn’t allow you to be immersed in the magic. I’d rather wait and make a whole vacation out of it to really enjoy the “ being in a happy and another world “ aspect I feel when I go there.

If you go to Disney all the time, I can understand it though

We have done just that but for Universal. One day park to park tickets for 4 adults was not cheap but so worth it. Go for it, my vote would be Epcot of MK.
Yes, as long as you have a Disney resort reservation, irregardless of length, Magical Express can be used. Be sure to register for it.

It's hard to speak to the money aspect. Only you know if that is too much money for any one-day activity.

We've done a lot of one-day-ticket trips for various reasons and we have never regretted it. We've seen it as a challenge to make the most of the day :)

We are a family of 5. There is NO WAY I would spend over $500 to go to a park one day. Never.

We are taking a RC cruise in October. We can fly into Orlando the day before we leave and arrive at MCO at 8:13 a.m. We would love to spend the day at HS or another park that day and even stay at a Disney resort that night, then arrange for transportation to the Port for Sunday. One day tickets for five people are costly. For the people who have done this, would you do it again? Can you take ME for a one night stay or do you have to book a package of more than one day tickets?

I would do it. In fact, we just did this in March. We once did a pre-night in Port Canaveral before a cruise and we were so bored, I decided in March to do a one night stay at WDW and go to one park (we went to EP which is my favorite).

Yes, if you make a WDW resort reservation, you are entitled to Magical Express even if you are only doing a one-night, room-only stay. If you want to, you could also take ME back to the airport and get transportation to the port from there (I'm assuming you are going to Port Canaveral?), which might cost less than transportation from WDW to the port.

To keep costs down, perhaps book a ASMu family suite or two rooms at a value (you won't be guaranteed connecting).

If you arrive at 8:13 am, you would probably get to your resort by about 10 am, which gives you plenty of time to enjoy a park for a day. Maybe think of it as a "port excursion" which can certainly cost as much as a day at a WDW park?

Would it make sense to buy a two-day ticket, and plan another park day after your cruise? Might be a fun way to bookend the trip, and more economical per day than buying single day tickets.

That said, Mousefan73 has a great budget suggestion: a waterpark by day and Disney Springs at night would be less expensive, and a lot of fun. You can still stay on site, and use the Magical Express, even if it's a one-night stay and you don't have park tickets. Different resorts have different fun, free things to do, too. For example, my kids are chomping at the bit to do the drawing class at Art of Animation.

But people pay that all the time for special event days/parties. I bought 4 adult MNSSHP tickets and it cost me almost $500 and I cannot enter the park until 4:00pm

We are going to Disney in August, staying 3 nights at the Boardwalk Inn and 4 nights at the Grand Floridian and have 3 adult and 1 child passes at the parks for 6 days and 1 day at a water park for around $3700, so spending just $500 for 1 day seems outrageous to me. I know people do it and that is their prerogative but the OP was asking everyone's opinion and my opinion is it is too much money for 1 day.

We are going to Disney in August, staying 3 nights at the Boardwalk Inn and 4 nights at the Grand Floridian and have 3 adult and 1 child passes at the parks for 6 days and 1 day at a water park for around $3700, so spending just $500 for 1 day seems outrageous to me. I know people do it and that is their prerogative but the OP was asking everyone's opinion and my opinion is it is too much money for 1 day.
Well I have 10 nights in a 2 bedroom at Bonnet Creek in October, 5 day Disney passes for 4 adults, 4 adult MNSSHP tickets and 4 two day tickets for Universal HNN for the four of us. Total is $3500. So it’s less per day then what you paying. However in general I do avoid add ons, as I agree most are not worth it. However we have never been in the fall and wanted to see some of the Halloween special events. I don’t think I’d ever book a dessert party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter