• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is now the time to sell?

Actually I think if someone needed to sell, now would not be a good time. Demand has to be down.
Are we sellling? Heck no! We found a good airfare and are spending 3 nights at the Poly in December. The upside to being DVC? We know we have 9 nights coming in July, so if we miss a mountain or a show....so what! We'll be back in 7 months!
My secret hope is that when we go back to the POly (where we stayed on our first WDW trip) DH will realize what a plus our big room at BWV was (and it was only a 1BR last year, it's 2 next year) and do an add-on--as it is, our 100 VWL points will only get us 5 nights in a 2BR in the summer, and I'd sure like to have a whole week! :D
Robin M.
Poly 6/2000
BWV 6/2001
Poly 12/2001
BWV/VWL 7/2002

Thanks again to all who have shared your thoughts. As of right now, we are still coming on the 31st and going to the MNSSHP. We definitely know how to smell the roses, and due to frequent trips to Disney, know many of the neat things to do that a first-timer wouldn't take time to do, because of the need to rush around.

Our thoughts for disappointment are not just because of the recent cut backs (necessary... yes, but, excessive... yes), it's the overall impression of Disney taking things away a little at a time. We've been going to WDW a lot over the past 10 years, and remember the perks and benefits which once were ours. We were guests, not customers. Of course we love Disney, we've done the Maiden Voyage of the Magic, went to the Central Park premiere of Pocohantas, the Hunchback in New Orleans... I could go on and on. My point??? The more you love something, the deeper the disappointment you feel when you see things heartfelt values changing away from what you enjoyed in the beginning.

We will be there in a week... the Poly and then WL Villas. We'll be wearing our Mickey Flag shirts and dressing up as pirates at the Haloween party. I'll even have a green ribbon and hope to see some of you. Thanks for listening.

If I had more points Iwould be there right now! We are very lucky to be able to afford DVC and very lucky to use the points! Do you really care about the crowds in disney? Just relax and enjoy the parks even with shorten park times. Think about what you have and how many people wish they have the option of going to Disney! We are a lucky bunch of people. Like I said, if I could squeeze more $ to buy more points I would do it. (Of course ifyou need the $ then by all means sell.)

Enjoy your life and what you have now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter