Is now the time to buy Poly resale?

Can we rephrase this question for a minute....

If you were to invest $30,000 in pvb1 right now only to find out that the tower will be a separate association, will the same rules and restriction of a new resort, how;
Upset, would you?
Likely are you to come on the boards and scream fraud?
Bad would you feel?

I would kinda like to hear what people think.

We actually bought Poly1 (smallish contract) a couple of months ago thinking Poly2 will not be in the same association, so if that ends up being the case I would not be upset or feel bad at all. We're relatively local (less than 3 hour drive) so our stays tend to be shorter and usually in studios, especially if they sleep 5 and the kids get separate beds. We consider 1BR units more useful to us when we stay at BLT, AKV or Aulani.

If Poly2 does end up in the same association, I doubt we'll book 1BR units with home resort priority, especially since our small contract wouldn't cover more than 1 night or maybe 2-3 with banking/borrowing. But I would consider adding-on direct if the incentives were great and if the delta between Poly1 resale and Poly2 is small enough to justify (say within $20-$30). If it was a different association with resale restrictions, the odds we'd add on would be very low...

Last edited:
I don't think they cared to be honest. Based on what I've heard from them on the show they bought in for the studio and not for access to the tower. The tower was just a perk if they added it to the same association.
Ya, now that you mention it they always talk about how they only like to stay in studios.

Thanks!

It wasn’t actually part of the official meeting. They did not report the Q and A to any members. So, unless you frequent boards like this, you have no idea.

Didn’t Paul say this was the final Q&A question and was clearly a planted question? I kind of feel like y’all are reaching at this point.

@pkrieger2287 any thoughts on this since it was your team at DVC Fan doing the reporting and speaking with the DVC staff at the after parting to clarify their comments?
He and Amy have already said the consider it settled, and wrote an article saying it will be the same association, and that people on here are goofy for still debating it 🤣

https://www.disboards.com/threads/l...esian-some-more.3931241/page-31#post-65191471

https://www.disboards.com/threads/l...esian-some-more.3931241/page-32#post-65191479

Here is what my guide sent me in an email response to my question on whether or not we would be able to utilize 11 month booking priority at the new tower:

“Thank you for your email! In response to your question about the Polynesian Tower being added to the existing Polynesian Villas and Bungalows Condominium Association, the answer is yes! It has been announced that currently the plans for the proposed Polynesian Tower are to become a part of the existing Disney’s Polynesian Villas and Bungalows.

However, at this time, we do not have any additional information that we can share. We look forward to sharing more in the future!”

There is no true ambiguity to these answers. In fact, seeing how they are being so overtly clear to announce the fact the Cabins at FW will be a new DVC resort makes it even more clear in retrospect that the answer to the question was not in what they did say but in what they did not say.
You don’t see currently the plans…. as ambiguos?

how many divorced couples had ”current plans” at the time they said their vows to follow through with the death due you part thing …

that fact you guide didn’t say ’yes you will be able to access the tower 11 months prior is as equally ambiguous

DVCnews has also weighed in on the tower. I believe @tjkraz stated somewhere he thought it was highly likely it is part of the same association after his team attended the meeting and talked with Disney afterwards.

He pointed out there were 5 board members who could have corrected the comment but didn’t. They even clapped and cheered along to the comment.

He pointed out either the board would be incompetent or deceptive at this point. They had plenty of opportunity to correct but were pleased with the reaction.

There are other sites as well, but DVCnews and DVCfan are the two I trust most about DVC information.

Last edited:

The lingering uncertainty is frustrating. Vague declarations containing phrases like "the current plan".

Why not just make a black-and-white statement?
Three reasons:
1) Because things happen which derail even the most stable plans. Like the global pandemic which halted Reflections despite the fact that Disney had surely invested millions of dollars and even started physical construction!

2) Because the only party who truly stands to benefit from an announcement now are those who want to try and buy resale points now before the market shifts. And DVC doesn't benefit from that. If you're a current owner or prospective direct buyer, sure it might be nice to know. But ultimately it doesn't matter much whether you find out today or on the day sales opens.

3) Because it's literally not "black and white". The condo association hasn't been amended to add the building yet.

Every discussion of this deserves to include the disclaimer "current plan"...because that's exactly what they said. Because the ink isn't dry and yes, theoretically, something could happen out of left field to alter the plans.

But arguing that they misspoke or were being deliberately deceptive--as some have done--strikes me as contrarian for the sake of being contrarian. In this case, "I'm right and the rest of you are wrong" is a curious hill to die on.

Didn’t Paul say this was the final Q&A question and was clearly a planted question? I kind of feel like y’all are reaching at this point.

Thst wasn’t the reason I posted this. Someone said it is part of the recorded minutes and I wanted others to know it is not

I think DVDs lack of clarification is enough that they plan to do it. But I also would not be suprised if we are in for some surprises.

The fact remains that if someone is not on the boards or social media but looking for the answer from DVD, they will not find it as they have not published anything officially, including in the highlights from the meeting posted on the members website.

Also, many of the people in the parks have not been given the info. I didn’t find one DVC person this week at the parks or resorts who said it was decided. I was the one telling them what happened.

Last edited:
What would you do? I have a 4 children almost all adult. Love to go to Disney with them, need 2 bedroom and up. So would you buy more points at home resort and try to have a 2 bedroom at the poly tower or buy resale Poly points ? Of course these choices are possible only if the Poly Tower is in the same association.

Thst wasn’t the reason I posted this. Someone said it is part of the recorded minutes and I wanted others to know it is not

I think DVDs lack of clarification is enough that they plan to do it. But I also would not be suprised if we are in for some surprises.

The fact remains that if someone is not on the boards or social media but looking for the answer from DVD, they will not find it as they have not published anything officially, including in the highlights from the meeting posted on the members website.

Also, many of the people in the parks have not been given the info. I didn’t find one DVC person this week at the parks or resorts who said it was decided. I was the one telling them what happened.
To be fair, I said “They made a statement at an official event with recorded minutes”. Not that the Q&A was part of the minutes.

The distinction is that the people on stage were at a scripted and rehearsed meeting where they had been prepped by lawyers about exactly what they could and couldn’t say on a variety of subjects….this was not a one off on a Member Cruise after some people had enjoyed a few Dole Whips with rum….

If the executives saw the headlines the next day that read

BREAKING: NEW Polynesian DVC Tower to Join Existing Condo Association!​

on DVC news sites, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, etc and it wasn’t exactly how they understood it then they could have put out a notice to walk all or some of it back. They didnt.

To be fair, I said “They made a statement at an official event with recorded minutes”. Not that the Q&A was part of the minutes.

The distinction is that the people on stage were at a scripted and rehearsed meeting where they had been prepped by lawyers about exactly what they could and couldn’t say on a variety of subjects….this was not a one off on a Member Cruise after some people had enjoyed a few Dole Whips with rum….

If the executives saw the headlines the next day that read

BREAKING: NEW Polynesian DVC Tower to Join Existing Condo Association!​

on DVC news sites, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, etc and it wasn’t exactly how they understood it then they could have put out a notice to walk all or some of it back. They didnt.

No they didn’t….but they also have not let people know…….regardless of what was said, DVD is not publicly acknowledging it or having their park representatives acknowledge it either.

And, they obviously have a reason for that…none of us know what that reason is other than it appears they don’t want it made offical in writing.

What would you do? I have a 4 children almost all adult. Love to go to Disney with them, need 2 bedroom and up. So would you buy more points at home resort and try to have a 2 bedroom at the poly tower or buy resale Poly points ? Of course these choices are possible only if the Poly Tower is in the same association.
I mean do you need direct points? Do you want to stay at Riviera/VDH? Do you care about perks like the annual pass? If not I don’t see anything wrong with just picking up more resale Poly. You also have the option to do another resort and alternate between booking Poly and other said resort every year but if you want to only stay at Poly I don’t see a downside to just resale Poly.

No they didn’t….but they also have not let people know…….regardless of what was said, DVD is not publicly acknowledging it or having their park representatives acknowledge it either.

And, they obviously have a reason for that…none of us know what that reason is other than it appears they don’t want it made offical in writing.
I mean— not trying to be offensive but the DVC park representatives are as low level as possible. They are the lowest rung on the ladder.

My guide confirmed it. I shared the email earlier. If they did not mean what they said last week, they would have sent clarification to their guides telling them to shut it down.

That is as basic corporate communication 101 as you could POSSIBLY imagine.

As has been the case throughout this process, the answer has rested not in what they have said/done but what they have not said/done.

Again, this is another example of people seemingly unwilling to accept the writing on the wall. The signs have all pointed to same association all along. They announced an “expansion,” they had slides that said PVB, etc. Now they have said it, the guides are confirming it, and we STILL have people saying it’s not confirmed.

I promise— whether people want to admit it or not— the executives, my guide, etc are more qualified to comment on this and be considered credible than the ones on these boards who want to continue arguing about it because they don’t like the answer/can’t admit they’ve been wrong all along after jumping into every single conversation/following up every single post for a year where ANYONE suggested same association to try and make them look uninformed or just generally ignorant/less enlightened.

Last edited:
You can wait and see,
You can buy at another resort,
Roll the dice, and hope you don’t get bit…

I already have the blue card so I leaning towards really cheap resale….. from a broker and title company I feel safe with…..

Or maybe direct at Riv.

Last edited:
Three reasons:
1) Because things happen which derail even the most stable plans. Like the global pandemic which halted Reflections despite the fact that Disney had surely invested millions of dollars and even started physical construction!

2) Because the only party who truly stands to benefit from an announcement now are those who want to try and buy resale points now before the market shifts. And DVC doesn't benefit from that. If you're a current owner or prospective direct buyer, sure it might be nice to know. But ultimately it doesn't matter much whether you find out today or on the day sales opens.

3) Because it's literally not "black and white". The condo association hasn't been amended to add the building yet.

Every discussion of this deserves to include the disclaimer "current plan"...because that's exactly what they said. Because the ink isn't dry and yes, theoretically, something could happen out of left field to alter the plans.

But arguing that they misspoke or were being deliberately deceptive--as some have done--strikes me as contrarian for the sake of being contrarian. In this case, "I'm right and the rest of you are wrong" is a curious hill to die on.
That's fine if it's not black and white or whatever, it's their company they can announce whenever they feel like it. So why make a statement that makes it sound like it is actually decided (maybe, sort of, if we don't change our minds)?? Just say it hasn't been decided or they're not ready to announce it. Easy. No need for poorly worded vague answers to direct questions. Their messaging is inarguably unclear and ambiguous, when it doesn't need to be.

. . . . . Like the global pandemic which halted Reflections despite the fact that Disney had surely invested millions of dollars and even started physical construction! . . . .
Actually, I think REFLECTIONS halted Reflections. It sounded like a lukewarm idea from the beginning.

I think Disney just decided that they didn't want to expand at that time. Not additional hotel units or DVC units. SO, if they were going to drop something, they dropped one of their least exciting ideas.

What evidence do I have to support this? Just the fact that since then, Disney has made other plans to expand their hotel units and other plans to expand DVC, but they haven't seriously revisited REFLECTIONS at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter