• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is MK closing early on March 9th for UCA cheer night event?

sjb95u

sjb95u
Hi all! I'm so jazzed about my upcoming trip in March, we'll be arriving for our Poly stay on March 9th (Friday). The closing hours for MK are 8pm that evening and I keep waiting on them to update those hours, aren't we all?

I just saw a comment that mentioned that MK will be closing early that night for a special UCA (cheerleading) event. Does anyone know if this is accurate? If so I need to get off the Magical Express and head straight to MK (arriving around 6:30pm) for a few highlights then return back to Poly for dinner at Captain Cook's rather than eating first and planning on a late evening in the park.

Special ticketed event for the cheerleaders that Friday?

We will be competing in this competition. The travel package states that we receive admission to a special cheer night at Magic Kingdom, where they will be extending their hours for the UCA group. Although I can’t find anything where they specify the date or times, I would assume it is Friday night, before the competition starts.Also, FYI, they are having another celebration in Hollywood studios on Sunday evening.

I wouldn't say MK is closing early on the 9th because except for the 8th, it's closing at 8pm that entire week. On the 9th after park close, the "UCA Night At Magic Kingdom" will take place for about 4600 guests until 10pm.

According to OTPN,the Event will be 10:00 PM-Midnight in Tomorrowland and Fantasyland,so,if that info is accurate, I would guess it is "possible" for Park Close to be moved to 10:00 PM.
One of them is incorrect. Below is a cut and paste from my source.

Friday, 3/9/18..........Varsity 2018 International All Star (IAS).......START 2000.......END 2200......MK E-ride block.......UCA Night At Magic Kingdom

ETA, it's not uncommon for Disney to update, change or be slow to update all departments published info. Who knows, it might be a little bit of both, 8pm to midnight.

Last edited:
So apparently there are TWO cheer nights, the OTPN link above is for THIS Friday, February 9th. I was asking about March 9th which is also going to be a ticketed event apparently.

Although true earlier in the week the MK is closing at 8pm on Friday, March 9th it is the start of "Spring Break" season and has traditionally been extended. So, I guess we'll see...

So apparently there are TWO cheer nights, the OTPN link above is for THIS Friday, February 9th. I was asking about March 9th which is also going to be a ticketed event apparently.

Although true earlier in the week the MK is closing at 8pm on Friday, March 9th it is the start of "Spring Break" season and has traditionally been extended. So, I guess we'll see...
Didn't even "notice" the MARCH in your post-just "saw" the 9th!lol:)

here is the schedule
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/hours.htm

look at Disney world - says it is 9am to 8pm - and emh - 8am to 9am

right now happily every after is at 7:55pm - so would expect it to be then - mk fireworks

studios fireworks - is at 7:00pm - Fantasmic - star wars is at 8:15PM

Epcot is still at 9pm

UCA event information says that MK will stay open late on Friday, 3/9, between 11pm -1am for private ride night. You need a special wristband.
On Sunday 3/11 there is a celebration party at HS from 10.30 - 1 AM and the park is closed to the public.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter