Is it weird to do character meets as an adult with no children?

My mom and I took just a girls trip a couple years ago and we made it a point to meet as many as possible! I'm 28 and this is one of my favorite things to do at the park after all we're all kids at heart and no one should feel bad or awkward wanting to meet characters!

I've done it a few times already and noticed a few dirty looks from the photogs LOL

My 20 year old daughter and I have been taking girls trips for years. We always do many character meals every trip and have never had any issues.

We're all children at heart! If other people have a problem, it's their problem, don't let it keep you from having fun! I love meeting the characters and I've never had my age be an issue. Plus, it's so much fun seeing how the characters interact with people of all different ages while waiting in line.

I'm 46 and mom will be 76 when we go to Disney this year...she hasn't been there since 1976! First stop IS a character meet...and we cant wait to also have lunch at the Crystal Palace with Pooh and Friends. :cool1:

I honestly can't see myself going to a park without seeing at least a few characters. I always see somebody new each time I go.

I did have a bad experience where I got in line behind a family to see the Mad Hatter and they asked me to hold their stuff while they got photos and I asked if I could use their pen so I could get my tea box signed by him.
They ended up snatching the pen back from me when it was my turn because ""they were done" with one of the snootiest attitudes I'd ever gotten and while I was standing there confused as to what happened...the Hatter left.
I didn't even get to see him.

I seriously can't stand it when people think solo adults aren't as deserving of this stuff as people with kids or something because I feel that incident did tie into the fact I was there alone.

I honestly can't see myself going to a park without seeing at least a few characters. I always see somebody new each time I go.

I did have a bad experience where I got in line behind a family to see the Mad Hatter and they asked me to hold their stuff while they got photos and I asked if I could use their pen so I could get my tea box signed by him.
They ended up snatching the pen back from me when it was my turn because ""they were done" with one of the snootiest attitudes I'd ever gotten and while I was standing there confused as to what happened...the Hatter left.
I didn't even get to see him.

I seriously can't stand it when people think solo adults aren't as deserving of this stuff as people with kids or something because I feel that incident did tie into the fact I was there alone.

I've never had anything like that happen, but I have had people start to cut in front of me (more than once) because they think I'm with the person who just had their turn. Yup...I'm just standing over here by myself while my entire family meets a character. It is unfathomable I might actually being doing it when I am alone.

Hubby and I are going in Feb 2017. Our kids are grown and our 3 grandbabies are too small so they are not going this trip. I want to do some character dinners but our kids are telling me we will look funny there with no kids. I want to do it anyway. We are all kids at heart.

Has any adults on this website gotten a chance to meet Thumper or Miss Bunny at Animal Kingdom? They show up randomly these days since Camp Minnie Mickey got demolished for Avatar Land.

Just wondering if anyone on here goes to meet any of the characters in the parks without children. I haven't ever really done so myself but was thinking about it next time I go. The first time I went to WDW I was 19 so I've never really done any. Do you feel like you're being judged negatively for it? I did a quick search online which came up with a few blog posts from people saying its annoying and should be left for the kids. How were the interactions with the characters?
We love meeting the characters. We even get fastpasses for it! We are all children inside. As for us, we never grew up! We could care less what people think. We always make it a special event to pose with the characters. Enjoy and live life!

I'm an old fart and enjoy meeting the characters. My favorite is Gaston. If the line is long, closed or I don't have time it's a blast just to stand nearby and watch him interact with others.

I love meeting the characters when I go! To me, it's the best part. I don't think it matters how old you are anyway (everyone is 7 years old at Disney in my eyes!) and I can honestly say that I have never been treated any differently by CMs than the children around me.

I'm 35 and really enjoy meeting the characters. I even have dragged my 65+ parents with me a few times. Last year my mission was to have postcards signed that I sent to my nieces and nephews everyday of my trip. The CMs and all the characters were wonderful. I even had fastpass+ for some meets and didn't get any attitude. As for the people in line, I think you'll notice a lot of adults without children. If anyone gives you any attitude ignore them and remember you'll never see these people again. Too bad they are missing the magic of Disney and that everyone gets to be a kid while they are there.

I'm heading to Disney in a few weeks and this is all so nice to hear. As an adult lady (on a solo trip to boot!) I TOTALLY plan to get all my character pictures, no shame! I have a weakness for Stitch, Gaston (whom I've YET to catch, it will happen this year!!) and Goofy.. big smiles, patience, and this adult lady WILL have her character experience ;D

My mom took my brother and I as adults -we were 21 and 25. We had a great time. I got as many autographs as I could. We went just before Christmas and I was planning to make my mom a scrapbook of our trip for Christmas. And you can't make a Disney scrapbook without characters and their autographs. At least not in my world. lol. We also went to one character meal.
Chatting with the characters (Peter Pan and Wendy) is actually how we found out about MVMCP.

Even thought I'll have my kids with me when we go this time, I plan to get pictures and autographs of those they don't want to. I MUST see Olaf.

Has any adults on this website gotten a chance to meet Thumper or Miss Bunny at Animal Kingdom? They show up randomly these days since Camp Minnie Mickey got demolished for Avatar Land.

What?! Oh man...I'm sorry I missed that. I hope they are still there next year.

I was lucky enough to find Thumper and Miss Bunny at Animal Kingdom during Valentine's Day weekend earlier this year. They were both very sweet. :)

FB_IMG_1455452485543.jpg

Even thought I'll have my kids with me when we go this time, I plan to get pictures and autographs of those they don't want to. I MUST see Olaf.

I just got to see Olaf at Hollywood Studios yesterday. His set was very cute and he was a lot of fun!

2016-05-08_09.00.10.jpg

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1455452485543.jpg
    FB_IMG_1455452485543.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 1
  • FB_IMG_1455452485543.jpg
    FB_IMG_1455452485543.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 2016-05-08_09.00.10.jpg
    2016-05-08_09.00.10.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 1
We LOVED meeting the characters! I feel like it's even easier to get into it with them as adults. Gaston had a comparison contest with my fiancé to see who had bigger muscles, Frozone took some pics with us ogling at my new shiny engagement ring, Goofy posed us in a "proposal pose" with him behind us after he saw our "Just Engaged" buttons. I feel like the speaking characters can joke with you more and even at a more "adult" level like some sneaky jokes in Disney movies meant only for adults, which is fun. Plus, the kid in me really did tear up when I got to hug Woody. Disney is all about enjoying our inner child, and if someone is there judging you, they aren't doing Disney right.

It's good to know that other adults love meeting with the characters, too! I'm dragging my guy around to meet Princesses on our honeymoon! He's a huge Pixar nerd so I know that meeting those characters will make him happy even if he won't admit it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter