• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it true about Animation Academy?

bethannie203

Mouseketeer
I read on another post somewhere that Animation Academy at HS is closing or has already closed. Can anyone confirm this? And if so, WHY??? It was always packed every time we went! If it's true.. that makes me SO sad! :( That is one of our favorite things to do at HS! We always save our drawings for our scrapbooks!

I read on another post somewhere that Animation Academy at HS is closing or has already closed. Can anyone confirm this? And if so, WHY??? It was always packed every time we went! If it's true.. that makes me SO sad! :( That is one of our favorite things to do at HS! We always save our drawings for our scrapbooks!

Animation Academy is already closed. The whole area is now Star Wars Launch Bay. You can still go to a smaller animation academy at Art of Animation (unless that has gone away now too).

DisneyQuest also has an Animation Academy on the second floor. Though that'll be gone soon
I tried the one at DisneyQuest last Fall and while it wasn't as good as the one at HS, it was OK & still something . . . maybe the CM was just tired/uninspired and doing a whatever.

Still disappointed with the HS closure. The powers that be knew that it was incredibly popular and should have relocated it elsewhere in the park. Dropped the ball on this one.

Is Animation Academy the Mushu movie that used to be that awesome Walter Cronkite/Robin Williams movie that is followed by the animation exhibit & opportunity to watch an animator in action? One of my favorite attractions when I was a kid.

Animation Academy was an attraction where an artist would teach guests how to draw characters. It was after the animation film/animators- though they haven't been there for over 10 years now... my sister's coworker used to work there and apparently they would joke they'd be replaced by animatronics.

That is good to know about the class in the Chase lounge at F&W. Sad that they closed, was one of our favorites.

Just cause I'm a sucker for dates...

Animation Academy closed over a year ago on July 12th, 2015 to make way for Star Wars Launch Bay, which opened on November 16th, 2015.

Disney loves rushing cheap movie based things into the parks (like Frozen). Then unveiling real attractions for these movies 3 years afterwards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter