Is it redundant to go to 'Ohana and also do the Poly Luau??

tinkerbeth

Goin' back soon!!
Hello...

I have booked the Luau for my trip and I'm wondering if that's the same meal that you would normally get at 'Ohana. I'm only going to do one big meal per day so I don't want two at the same place.

Thanks!

Beth :bounce: :bounce:

:wave2: Hi there!

The Luau (Spirit of Aloha) and O'hana is a bit different. At least imho. The Luau is a dinner show (W/ AMAZING FOOD-and it's unlimited...but you'll probably fill up on the first plate).

They serve appitizers (yummy bread and salad) and a huge platter of fried rice, veggies, ribs, and bbq chicken.

At O'hana, it's a reg. restuarant but the servers bring you unlimited skewers of shrimp, pork, turkey and beef. (W/ a huge platter of appitizers to start off). And if you get a good timing PS, you can see the fireworks.

I hope this helped. If it was me, I wouldn't have both at the same day, I'm not even sure if we'd go to both during the same trip. First trip we did the Luau, last we did O'hana and now we're doing the Luau...I know, we're weirdos, but having both would be too much for me. :rolleyes:

psst...imho, the food at the Luau was SO much better than O'hanas...even though we did enjoy O'hana, the Luau was the best.

Hope this helps!!! ENJOY!!!

IMHO, they are quite different. The Luau was an awesome show. On the lines of HDR.

I have eaten at 'Ohanas twice, Thanksgiving Dinner 1997 and Christmas Dinner 2001. It is an awesome meal. I liked how the CMs treat the guests as family. They call everyone 'Cousin' and the food is great as well.

We do both on our trips if we have enough time. The food at both has a Polynesian flavor but they are different. I prefer the food at Ohanas. My dd's like the children's activities at Ohanas. The view is also awsome from Ohanas. The dinner show at the Spirit of Aloha is fabulous. I just got my pictures back from our trip last week... the dancers are really talented! I can't wait wait to go back ! By the way, the character breakfast at Ohanas is really good, too.

I think you're safe doing both places. WE LOVE `OHANA! The food is just so good. If I were you, I'd do both. I hope you have fun!::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter