Is it really cold inside Honda centre for NHL games

minneylovesmicky

DIS Veteran
Ok, silly question time again, So at the Honda Centre, do we need to really rug up or can we get away with jumpers and long pants.

Are gloves, beanies needed too.

I have watched many filed hockey games in the bone cutting freezing cold and falling snow...things we do for our kids...have definatley rugged up then for sure. Is the Honda centre as cold as that?

I live in Canada and am a season ticket holder for the WHA Edmonton Oil Kings and attend most games.

As a rule, I wear my hockey jersey (which is not that heavy), a hoodie underneath, and a shirt and am plenty warm enough.

Wear jeans or pants and you will be just fine.

It is not cold enough to be wearing gloves/mitts/toques/beenies etc as the temp in the rink will average around 65F to 70F.

Ice temp is controlled by the ice making plant and it does not generally have an effect on the ambient temperature of the arena.

Watching Edmonton Oiler games on TV when they play in California I often see young ladies wearing shorts etc.

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks heaps, totally answers my question. Didn't fancy having to pack a thick coat and thermals, just for one night.

Cheers :thumbsup2

Well the arena is essentially covered in wall to wall ice, which needs to be kept frozen. Bundle up! Lol

I live in Canada and am a season ticket holder for the WHA Edmonton Oil Kings and attend most games.

As a rule, I wear my hockey jersey (which is not that heavy), a hoodie underneath, and a shirt and am plenty warm enough.

Wear jeans or pants and you will be just fine.

It is not cold enough to be wearing gloves/mitts/toques/beenies etc as the temp in the rink will average around 65F to 70F.

Ice temp is controlled by the ice making plant and it does not generally have an effect on the ambient temperature of the arena.

Watching Edmonton Oiler games on TV when they play in California I often see young ladies wearing shorts etc.

Hope this answers your question.

Spot on. I go to a few games at the Honda Center a year (I live here, but can't stand the Ducks so it's usually when my team is in town) and I'm very comfortable in jeans and my jersey (or a tee/hoodie combo). The temp of the arena and the temp on the ice are very different. It is a little cooler down closer to the ice (depending on where you get seats), but still not bad.

No, it is not cold. We go to several NHL games in Calgary (plan on attending one at the Staples Centre while in LA!) and you will be perfectly comfortable with a light hoodie. There are times that it can get very warm inside the arena, so I usually wear a T-shirt underneath.

I'm looking VERY forward to seeing a game in the States. It will be nice to go to a game without wearing our heavy winter coats, mits, etc. and then having to sit on them the whole game because it's too warm inside to wear them. :rotfl:

Well the arena is essentially covered in wall to wall ice, which needs to be kept frozen. Bundle up! Lol

Ice skating rinks are not that cold - hence why I asked the question. :goodvibes

Moving this to our So Cal board...

Sorry I posted in the wrong area :goodvibes

Spot on. I go to a few games at the Honda Center a year (I live here, but can't stand the Ducks so it's usually when my team is in town) and I'm very comfortable in jeans and my jersey (or a tee/hoodie combo). The temp of the arena and the temp on the ice are very different. It is a little cooler down closer to the ice (depending on where you get seats), but still not bad.
Thanks, we have second row seats, so pretty close and will have an amazing view.

We will take a jacket, just not a really thick one, we can always sit on it, if we don't need it.

Just don't want to have to pack basically what would be a snow jacket, just for one night.

No, it is not cold. We go to several NHL games in Calgary (plan on attending one at the Staples Centre while in LA!) and you will be perfectly comfortable with a light hoodie. There are times that it can get very warm inside the arena, so I usually wear a T-shirt underneath.

I'm looking VERY forward to seeing a game in the States. It will be nice to go to a game without wearing our heavy winter coats, mits, etc. and then having to sit on them the whole game because it's too warm inside to wear them. :rotfl:

We watch games on TV, will be amazing to see one live. We will layer up and that way we can strip off, if we get too hot :thumbsup2

Usually its 60-70 degrees inside for hockey games. A hoodie and or hockey jersey should be enough to keep you warm.

I go to a few games at Honda Center every year and have worn my Kings jersey and shorts on and never been uncomfortable.

Staples Center on the other hand, that arena can get really cold depending on were you sit, especially up in the 300 level.

I can probably help here too- I'm from NSW and had second row seats at the Honda centre as well- you will have so much fun!
I found it got quite cold in the last period especially- I wore a tshirt, hoodie and a light rain/fleece jacket from Kathmandu (I wear this most days in winter here) plus hat/gloves/scarf.
have a wonderful time but be warned- once you see NHL live it's just not the same watching it here!!!
Amy :)

Usually its 60-70 degrees inside for hockey games. A hoodie and or hockey jersey should be enough to keep you warm.

I go to a few games at Honda Center every year and have worn my Kings jersey and shorts on and never been uncomfortable.

Temps don't sound toooo bad. Honestly thought it would be colder than that, works out between 15 - 21 C

I can probably help here too- I'm from NSW and had second row seats at the Honda centre as well- you will have so much fun!
I found it got quite cold in the last period especially- I wore a tshirt, hoodie and a light rain/fleece jacket from Kathmandu (I wear this most days in winter here) plus hat/gloves/scarf.
have a wonderful time but be warned- once you see NHL live it's just not the same watching it here!!!
Amy :)

Thanks, can't wait, is going to be so exciting to see.

Daughter loves watching it on the TV, so she will be in her element watching it live.

I know I am going to regret my daughter seeing this game, she has always wanted to play Ice Hockey, just no league here. So I am expecting this game to stir the idea of her playing back up again.

Unlike an outdoor field hokey game the indoor ice is frozen by refrigeration
from below - not the air temp. The arena itself is quite warm. It's actually
heated. Typically the air temp in the Honda Center is in the 20C range.

Unlike an outdoor field hokey game the indoor ice is frozen by refrigeration
from below - not the air temp. The arena itself is quite warm. It's actually
heated. Typically the air temp in the Honda Center is in the 20C range.

Thank you very much 20 C isn't to bad, we will wear jumpers and take jackets, we can always sit on the jackets if we don't wear them

I have never been there but we have season tickets to the Sharks and I usually wear jeans, uggs, sweatshirt and scarf and I am fine. The guys in my family usually just wear jeans, t-shirt, jersey over the t-shirt. They usually have sweatshirts for after when we walk back to our car.

Just wanted to add that typical temps are about 60 deg F. The ice can stay frozen at higher ambient temps, but arena temps are usually lower because the ice conditions are better for the players.

I recall that years ago the Dallas Stars played in the Stanley Cup finals in June in an old arena. Their A/C was on the fritz and the interior temps were in the mod 70s F. They had lots of puddles on the ice surface.

And of course they can always put a floor over the ice. That involves lots of insulation pieces to keep moisture from forming on the floor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter