• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it Prince Spaghetti night?

Is it Prince Spaghetti night?

• No, never

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Yes on Wednesdays

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Penne or Rigatoni maybe

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Pasta formerly known as Prince Spaghetti night

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • At least twice a week!

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

didn't vote, never heard of it. We rarely do spaghetti, I usually do pasta with sauteed veggies and sauce & cheese.

Maybe a brand name of pasta? Never heard of it. We aren't big pasta fans so regardless of the brand don't serve it that often. More likely to have something Italian if we go out to dinner.

Don't remember that commercial, but I tend to never watch them anyway.

We don't have any specific meals on specific nights, at least in last 30+ years. When we lived in NJ and money was tight every Monday was a large cheese pizza from a tiny local spot for $4.99. Then I got a bread machine and could make my own for much less.

I think it's cool to have food night traditions! :thumbsup2

I did not grow up eating pasta a specific day or anything like that. However I did grow up knowing the commercial though perhaps in reruns. It was just a commonly known commercial jingle like the toys r us kid even if you didn't shop there.

BOSTON — Five decades after an iconic commercial made his name famous, Anthony Martignetti has died.

At 12 years old, the Italian-born Martignetti was the star of the memorable ad for Prince Spaghetti. The ad showed him running through the streets of Boston's North End to get home for dinner on Wednesday, "Prince Spaghetti day," while a woman called his name from a window of an apartment building.

The ad was filmed on Labor Day weekend in 1969 and was shown nationally for about 13 years. It also won a Clio Award, a top honor in the advertising field.

~the Patriot Ledger

I fondly recall the commercial and I (mostly) grew up in Chicago.

If ...

Monday is "Meatless"
Tuesday is "Taco"
Wednesday is "Spaghetti"

... what is the rest of the week?

Appears to be an east coast brand so never saw the ads in the west. They also make Creamettes pasta, which I do remember being given away on Let's Make a Deal, but that brand wasn't sold in the west coast either.

We eat spaghetti about once a month. My late uncle's tomato sauce was the absolute best I've ever had, and only my aunt can make it like he does. She makes a huge batch all at once and we freeze smaller batches; we usually get about four meals out of a batch. Always with sweet Italian sausage and meatballs.

Tonight is probably a takeout night because we're going away for a few days and we're all running around doing last-minute stuff. Well, everyone else is. I'm used to packing for a Disney trip, so three days at the shore is nothing. I'm all done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter