Is it posted anywhere...

heimlichfan

DIS Veteran
Is there an existing post somewhere that lists how rides are handicap-accessible? Like Peter Pan is through the exit, TSM has a separate load area, etc...

We will be traveling to WDWW in just under a month and my FIL will be in a scooter for the first time due to a serious foot injury. He has had mobility issues in the past but has always been able to navigate the queues - this time I'm concerned with getting to the rides themselves not just getting around the park.

Thanks for any info!

P.S. I have never considered a GAC card as a need for my FIL. Would it be a good idea to get one since he is less mobile this trip then in all our previous trips? I don't want to abuse the system but I do feel like on this trip it may be warranted.

Glad you found what you needed.
In case anyone lse reading needs help, the disABILITIES FAQs thread is near the top of this board or you can use the link in my signature.

Post 11 has information about the 'mobility entrances' (which are usually the same as everyone else uses). That pos also includes information about which attractions require a transfer from a wheelchair to a ride car and those which have lines that are not ECV accessible, but are wheelchair accessible.

Posts 18-22 on page 2 have information about the transfers to ride cars.

Post 6 is about Guest Assistance Cards. Guests using a wheelchair or ECV don't need a GAC to use it in line. GACs are for invisible disabilities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter