• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it possibly to have 5 people in a 1 bedroom BCV

tbssenterprises

DIS Veteran
Thinking of a 1 bedroom villa at Beach Club. However, it might be 5 adults. I know it says it "sleeps 4". Wondering if I CAN have 5 people.....and it would defintey be legit (I'd pay for the extra person) because we need to get into SAV.

Has anyone done this? Thanks....

They won't let you pay for the extra person it doesn't work that way....but we have had 5 in a 1 bedroom that only states sleeps 4...and before anyone says it due to fire codes please reframe yourself
because as the years have gone by studios and 1 bedrooms that only stated sleeps 4 are now sleeping 5 with no changing of room size. It all has to do with how greedy Disney wants to be. End of story!!

Unfortunately no. Whatever Disney states is the max capacity for a room, regardless of the reasoning (to PP's point), that is the cap. Children under the age of 2 that can sleep in a pack & play are allowed as a "5th" person in 4 person rooms, but beyond that your only option is to get a room with a higher Per person limit, or get a second room.

If you were staying on DVC points, you could have a fifth person. But you would have to provide a bed and all the linens needed for that person. If you are paying cash, you are limited to four person (plus one under the age of three). You cannot pay for a fifth person when staying on a cash stay.

I’m not sure what SAV is but there are room options at DVC studios that will sleep 5. 515802
I am not sure if this helps. Also, the GF and Poly have 2 bathrooms, but 1 toilet. Just a thought...

I’m not sure what SAV is but there are room options at DVC studios that will sleep 5. View attachment 515802
I am not sure if this helps. Also, the GF and Poly have 2 bathrooms, but 1 toilet. Just a thought...

I think they meant SAB (Stormalong Bay). OP mentioned they wanted a 1 bedroom, which only has a max occupancy of 4 (versus the studios that have a max occupancy of 5). They'd be giving up the ability for a 5th person to have that private bedroom. Now if the bedroom wasn't a necessity, and if they could manage in a studio, switching to a studio would allow them to have a 5th person in the same room - they would just have to bring the bedding for that person.

Also, they will only let you have up to that 4th person listed on the reservation. That means that they wouldn't be provided a magic band, they couldn't have a fastpass booked for them at 60 days (if that ever returns), and if they're scanning magic bands for entry into SAB, theirs won't work. If I'm not mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works

Anything is possible. The real question should be is it probable.
Anything is possible? Not really.
I think they meant SAB (Stormalong Bay). OP mentioned they wanted a 1 bedroom, which only has a max occupancy of 4 (versus the studios that have a max occupancy of 5). They'd be giving up the ability for a 5th person to have that private bedroom. Now if the bedroom wasn't a necessity, and if they could manage in a studio, switching to a studio would allow them to have a 5th person in the same room - they would just have to bring the bedding for that person.
They don't need to bring bedding for a fifth person in the BCV studio. It has one queen bed, one double sleeper sofa and the bunk sized murphy bed (suitable for a child or a smaller adult). the beds are there for five. Like I said earlier, if you are staying on DVC points in a one bedroom, DVC will permit you a fifth person of any age in the one bedroom, but there is no bed or bedding for that person and DVC will not provide anything like a cot or rollaway. If you are paying cash through Disney, you don't get a fifth person in the one bedroom villa unless that fifth person is under the age of three and will sleep in the pack and play.

Anything is possible? Not really.

They don't need to bring bedding for a fifth person in the BCV studio. It has one queen bed, one double sleeper sofa and the bunk sized murphy bed (suitable for a child or a smaller adult). the beds are there for five. Like I said earlier, if you are staying on DVC points in a one bedroom, DVC will permit you a fifth person of any age in the one bedroom, but there is no bed or bedding for that person and DVC will not provide anything like a cot or rollaway. If you are paying cash through Disney, you don't get a fifth person in the one bedroom villa unless that fifth person is under the age of three and will sleep in the pack and play.

Interesting because I went to the Disney site to review the DVC points rentals for rooms at BCV and the DVC points side also said max 4 in a 1 bedroom and 5 in a studio

Interesting because I went to the Disney site to review the DVC points rentals for rooms at BCV and the DVC points side also said max 4 in a 1 bedroom and 5 in a studio
From the member site:
Annotation 2020-08-05 120519.png
From the Disney website:
Annotation 2020-08-05 120727.png
Except I have no idea what they mean by the Double size sleeper sofa in the one bedroom. It's queen sized in the living room.

you went to the DVC member website, or disneyworld.com? I’m confused because you use the term “rentals” and neither of those does rentals.

you went to the DVC member website, or disneyworld.com? I’m confused because you use the term “rentals” and neither of those does rentals.

Sorry I misspoke using "rentals" - my fault for trying to manage too many conversations at the same time - I went to the Disneyworld site that shows points per night at the various DVC properties.

Sorry I misspoke using "rentals" - my fault for trying to manage too many conversations at the same time - I went to the Disneyworld site that shows points per night at the various DVC properties.
The Disneyworld.disney.go.com website doesn't show points per night at the various DVC properties.

The Disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com website has points charts for each resort. Is that the one you're referencing? The points chart for BCV says "sleeps 4" for the 1BR villas but owners can log in and see that the maximum occupancy is 5 (plus an infant) but bedding and linens are not provided.

Where does the 5th person sleep at in a one bedroom on a DVC reservation? You bring your own cot or what?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter